Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: PAC-12 hoops in 2017-2018

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    This incident with Holder at the end of the game could/should lead to a suspension for Holder, IMO.

Also, Boyle hurt himself heading toward the altercation.
    Strange that an ASU player would do something like that. You'd think they'd have learned some decorum from their head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    Strange that an ASU player would do something like that. You'd think they'd have learned some decorum from their head coach.
    Exactly. Of all the teams in the league, ASU shows up its opponent routinely...but as you point out, they've got the composure and maturity of their coach.

Boyle thinks he may have torn his Achilles.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    It just seems to me ridiculous that 2 wins over one-seeds in early December can get you in the tourney when your season has completely fallen apart. I thought the committee was supposed to weigh heavily a team's trending at the end of the year.
    That used to be the case (last 10 games), but they had to do away with that because it hurt mid majors. The middies need November games to be worth as much as March games. They seem to think it has to be one way or the other, when just a bit of common sense would be enough to judge a case like ASU's.

This incident with Holder at the end of the game could/should lead to a suspension for Holder, IMO.

Also, Boyle hurt himself heading toward the altercation.

That would clearly be an achiiles injury. He looked back as if someone had done something to him.

Stanford takes down Cal. No hard fouls or fights at the end.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Oregon st vs Washington is a good game

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Vegas must not know that UW has the Pac-12 coach of the year.
    When I see a player drive to the basket for a layup with less than 10 seconds left in a game when his team is down 3, I think "boy, that guy is well coached."

First matchup in Vegas is set: 7. Washington vs. 10. Oregon St. - Don't sleep on the Beavs!
    Swish!

Swish!
    Hey, Vegas had OSU as the favorite. Can't pat yourself too hard on the back.

When I see a player drive to the basket for a layup with less than 10 seconds left in a game when his team is down 3, I think "boy, that guy is well coached."

Ducks down to the Cougars at the half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Extra innings.

Hey, Vegas had OSU as the favorite. Can't pat yourself too hard on the back.
    Oh yes I can! That's what message boards were invented for!

So it is us vs. the Ducks. They played as bad a game as I've seen them play last night and should be tired today...hope we can take advantage of that.

PAC-12 hoops in 2017-2018

Just like real life, I’m fearful of the ducks. Dana Altman always seems to have our number.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    Just like real life, I’m fearful of the ducks. Dana Altman always seems to have our number.

Yeah - Oregon makes me nervous as well. We're not going to be able to settle for bad 3s against them. When they started out cold last night my thought was...man, a good team might have this game at about 28-4 right now. As it was Wazzu just completely choked in that game. To run clock in a one possession game and then get a bad shot...come on big Ern, you can do better than that! We will really need to get big minutes from Tillman, Seeley, and Jayce if Collette can't go. Like most Ute fans, I'm to the point where I think we probably need to win the tourney to get into the big dance. To that end, last night I shifted my focus mentally to needing wins over Oregon and USC, to just needing to get to the final and give ourselves a chance, which is why I was hoping Wazzu would pull it out, but alas...Ernie gonna Ernie.

Arizona up 35 - 33 at the half over the Buffs.

Arizona up 35 - 33 at the half over the Buffs.
    Cats pull away in the second half, await the winner of Stanford/UCLA.

The Trojans tamed the Beavers without much drama.

Nothing like a nice 7 minute field goal drought. Van Dyke to the rescue.

Yup...PVD has hit his shots. Rawson has not. Still can't believe Jayce was a 4* recruit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Nothing like a nice 7 minute field goal drought. Van Dyke to the rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by justaute View Post
    Yup...PVD has hit his shots. Rawson has not. Still can't believe Jayce was a 4* recruit.
    Jayce gave up some offensive boards early and then really upped his energy on the defensive glass (and defense in general). It he just keeps doing that, he'll have earned his scholarship tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by justaute View Post
    Doesn’t finish well. We’d have 6 more points if he could.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Agree. He's stepped up in the 2nd half, as did Rawson -- gotta keep up the energy.

Jayce gave up some offensive boards early and then really upped his energy on the defensive glass (and defense in general). It he just keeps doing that, he'll have earned his scholarship tonight.

Such a big difference with/without Collette on the court for our inside-out game.

Collette with the fire. He's gonna get T'd up for taunting if he's not careful.

Loss of poise in the final minute really hurt us.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Hello, NIT. I guess Barefield was the guy LK wanted to have the ball in his hands at the end. I don’t get that, since he seemed to be forcing shots and making bad decisions all night, but whatever.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Loss of poise in the final minute really hurt us.
    On the last shot, yes. Bibbins was open in the corner, waiting for the ball.

The charge/block decision against Rawson was the play of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Hello, NIT. I guess Barefield was the guy LK wanted to have the ball in his hands at the end. I don’t get that, since he seemed to be forcing shots and making bad decisions all night, but whatever.
    I thought we wanted to inbound it to Bibbins. They denied, and we went to Barefield instead. I don't think that's anything close to what was drawn up.