Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: PAC-12 hoops in 2017-2018

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    How is asu such a lock? They are getting whipped by stanford
    No team that finishes under .500 in a bad conference should get to dance.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    No team that finishes under .500 in a bad conference should get to dance.
    Sad thing is that the ASU looked like our best win of the season...until everyone else beat them too. We don't have any wins over truly good teams - just some wins over other bubble teams.

Oregon putting it on Washington right now 44-29 at the half.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Oregon putting it on Washington right now 44-29 at the half.
    Looks like Oregon is going to hang on for the win here, which I believe puts Washington as the 7 seed in the Pac 12 tournament. Oregon can be the 5 or 6.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

First matchup in Vegas is set: 7. Washington vs. 10. Oregon St. - Don't sleep on the Beavs!

Matchups are set we get the winner of oregon/ wazzu. Wazzu just beat oregon on Thursday so an upset can happen

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

How do you have three sons, name two of them Justin and Aaron, and name the other one Jrue?

Pac-12 Awards go out today. I expect Bibbins to make the first team and Rawson/Collette and maybe Sedrick to be honorable mention. Rawson could theoretically get most improved. Im really interested to see if Larry K is named coach of the year. (How do you give it to Miller or Enfield and Washington didn't finish high enough, IMO.)

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Pac-12 Awards go out today. I expect Bibbins to make the first team and Rawson/Collette and maybe Sedrick to be honorable mention. Rawson could theoretically get most improved. Im really interested to see if Larry K is named coach of the year. (How do you give it to Miller or Enfield and Washington didn't finish high enough, IMO.)
    Anddddd..............Bibbins is first team, Collette second team. COY will be awarded later today.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Anddddd..............Bibbins is first team, Collette second team. COY will be awarded later today.
    COY between Larry and Hopkins should go to the coach who gets his team into the NCAAs. Since we can't foresee that, I get the arguments for both.

POY (IMO) is awarded to the best player in the league, which is Ayton from AZ.

But if it was most valuable player it would have to be Justin Bibbins. Utah is out matched in size and talent by most teams in the league, yet they came in 3rd? Coaching a big part, but Bibbins willed them to win many games. And how Bibbins goes so go the Utes---and he usually was a go--playing almost every minute of every game.

it will never happen, but think how much it would piss off Sean Miller.

Not a surprise but Washington’s Mike Hopkins gets conference COY. Next year is Larry’s year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Vegas and ready to roll!!

Let's go utes! Your lines for the opening round.

Asu -7
    Stanford -9.5
    Oregon st -2.5
    Oregon -12

"Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Asu -7
    Seems a bit high to me.

Oregon st -2.5
    What?!? Vegas must not know that UW has the Pac-12 coach of the year.

I think if ASU loses to CU they are out. #HotTakes.

We've reached halftime in Las Vegas, the Buffs lead ASU 41-37.

We've reached halftime in Las Vegas, the Buffs lead ASU 41-37.
    It is alllllllll over! Colorado takes out Arizona St. in the first round of the Pac 12 tournament, and ASU now will very likely have to sweat out Selection Sunday.

Tyler Bey with an ally-oop dunk. Holder throws him down to the ground...gets tossed. Tempers flaring in Vegas.

It is alllllllll over! Colorado takes out Arizona St. in the first round of the Pac 12 tournament, and ASU now will very likely have to sweat out Selection Sunday.

It just seems to me ridiculous that 2 wins over one-seeds in early December can get you in the tourney when your season has completely fallen apart. I thought the committee was supposed to weigh heavily a team's trending at the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    It just seems to me ridiculous that 2 wins over one-seeds in early December can get you in the tourney when your season has completely fallen apart. I thought the committee was supposed to weigh heavily a team's trending at the end of the year.
    This incident with Holder at the end of the game could/should lead to a suspension for Holder, IMO.

Also, Boyle hurt himself heading toward the altercation.

This incident with Holder at the end of the game could/should lead to a suspension for Holder, IMO.

Strange that an ASU player would do something like that. You'd think they'd have learned some decorum from their head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    Strange that an ASU player would do something like that. You'd think they'd have learned some decorum from their head coach.
    Exactly. Of all the teams in the league, ASU shows up its opponent routinely...but as you point out, they've got the composure and maturity of their coach.

Boyle thinks he may have torn his Achilles.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    That used to be the case (last 10 games), but they had to do away with that because it hurt mid majors. The middies need November games to be worth as much as March games. They seem to think it has to be one way or the other, when just a bit of common sense would be enough to judge a case like ASU's.

That would clearly be an achiiles injury. He looked back as if someone had done something to him.

Stanford takes down Cal. No hard fouls or fights at the end.

Oregon st vs Washington is a good game

Vegas must not know that UW has the Pac-12 coach of the year.
    When I see a player drive to the basket for a layup with less than 10 seconds left in a game when his team is down 3, I think "boy, that guy is well coached."

First matchup in Vegas is set: 7. Washington vs. 10. Oregon St. - Don't sleep on the Beavs!
    Swish!

Swish!
    Hey, Vegas had OSU as the favorite. Can't pat yourself too hard on the back.

When I see a player drive to the basket for a layup with less than 10 seconds left in a game when his team is down 3, I think "boy, that guy is well coached."