Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 133

Thread: PAC-12 hoops in 2017-2018

  1. #1
    Administrator U-Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    4,841

    PAC-12 hoops in 2017-2018

    Cal loses to Chaminade in the Maui Classic. By 25.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Cal loses to Chaminade in the Maui Classic. By 25.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looks like call has some shooters this year.

  3. #3
    Arizona loses to NC State. Utah may have the best wins in the PAC-12 so far this year, aside from UCLA beating Wisconsin yesterday.
    Dyslexics of the world, untie!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Looks like call has some shooters this year.
    Chaminade clearly defends the free throw line as well as anyone I've seen

  5. #5
    Wazzu beats St. Marys. ??

    Az St has beaten SDSU, K St. & Xavier. Bobbie Hurley has it going---he needs to move back east/

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Standing ute View Post
    Wazzu beats St. Marys. ??

    Az St has beaten SDSU, K St. & Xavier. Bobbie Hurley has it going---he needs to move back east/
    St Mary's went down to UGA today. Maybe the Gaels are not as good as expected.

    If Hurley keeps this up, he'll have his chance to move back east soon enough.

  7. #7
    Oregon loses at home to Boise St. Hee hee.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Oregon loses at home to Boise St. Hee hee.
    USC loses @ SMU. Hee hee.

    Zona and UNLV are in OT right now. Go rebels.

  9. #9
    LaVar Ball pulls his son LiAngelo out of UCLA??

    So what does the kid do now??

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Standing ute View Post
    LaVar Ball pulls his son LiAngelo out of UCLA??

    So what does the kid do now??
    Enrollment at the Big Baller International Institute of Home Schoolers just doubled! Almost have enough for a basketball team.

    Also, Lakers trying to keep LaVar off cameras while in the Staples. http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/36988...avar-ball-rule
    Last edited by Dwight Schr-Ute; 12-04-2017 at 03:15 PM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Enrollment at the Big Baller International Institute of Home Schoolers just doubled! Almost have enough for a basketball team

    Also, Lakers trying to keep LaVar off cameras while in the Staples. http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/36988...avar-ball-rule
    $5 says he ends up at 2nd ... er 4th chance U ... he'll be a Ute.

  12. #12
    I will bet UCLA is delighted L Ball is gone. I read somewhere the the boosters, faculty, etc. were disgusted with the shoplifting embarrassment, and with Lavar turning the bb program (and the University) into a reality-tv clown show. Probably just as happy as the high school coach was when Lavar pulled LaMelo a month or two ago.

  13. #13
    Where is LaMelo these days----selling shoes door to door?

    And is there a Mrs. LaVar somewhere??

  14. #14
    Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account @wojespn 3m3 minutes agoMore



    Ex-UCLA freshman LiAngelo Ball has no chance that he'll be drafted in June — and that was true before his shoplifting incident in China. "He's not on any of our scouting lists — even the extended lists," one GM told ESPN.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account @wojespn 3m3 minutes agoMore



    Ex-UCLA freshman LiAngelo Ball has no chance that he'll be drafted in June — and that was true before his shoplifting incident in China. "He's not on any of our scouting lists — even the extended lists," one GM told ESPN.
    Sounds like Lavar may try to get them both to play overseas or in the G league at some point. Like you mentioned above, Steve Alford has to be ecstatic right now.

  16. #16
    Sam the Sheepdog LA Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    15,543

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

    “True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

    --John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

  17. #17
    Senior Member Scorcho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    984
    last night:

    Washington defeated #2 Kansas in Kansas City, meanwhile Cal lost at home to Central Arkansas 96-69

    our conference RPI:


  18. #18
    Here's a look at the remaining interesting games for the Pac-12 before conference play starts:

    ASU - vs St Johns, @Kansas, and Vandy
    Utah - @BYU
    UW - Gonzaga
    Zona - Bama, UConn
    WSU - KState
    USC - vs Oklahoma
    CU - @ Xavier, vs Iowa
    UCLA - @Michigan, Cincinnatti, vs Kentucky
    Oregon - none
    OSU - none
    Stanford - Kansas
    Cal - @ SDSU

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Twin Falls, Idaho
    Posts
    2,940
    ASU all the way up to No. 5 in the AP poll. This is what worried me about the Hurley hire -- celebrity coach with cachet, and one of the most desireable cities/climates in the league. If this was a hire that was going to work, it was either in Year 3 or never. It's bad enough that Oregon is rolling with Altman -- ASU is another school that has nowhere near the tradition and success of Utah, but has it going pretty good now, and with a far more sizable obstacle nearby (Zona hoops) than we've ever had in BYU.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    ASU all the way up to No. 5 in the AP poll. This is what worried me about the Hurley hire -- celebrity coach with cachet, and one of the most desireable cities/climates in the league. If this was a hire that was going to work, it was either in Year 3 or never. It's bad enough that Oregon is rolling with Altman -- ASU is another school that has nowhere near the tradition and success of Utah, but has it going pretty good now, and with a far more sizable obstacle nearby (Zona hoops) than we've ever had in BYU.
    With any luck, Hurley is off to something better after this season.

  21. #21
    Senior Member justaute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    SLC-FW-Pitt
    Posts
    1,131
    Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    With any luck, Hurley is off to something better after this season.
    I actually want him to stay -- want all the top coaches to stay, so P12 can be a stronger conference.

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by justaute View Post
    I actually want him to stay -- want all the top coaches to stay, so P12 can be a stronger conference.
    Being in a strong conference is great...if you are a top program. If you are fighting to become a top program, it's great to have some teams to not worry about.

    A shark doesn't mind if other sharks are around, the other fish sure do.

  23. #23
    Senior Member Scorcho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    984
    Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Being in a strong conference is great...if you are a top program. If you are fighting to become a top program, it's great to have some teams to not worry about.

    A shark doesn't mind if other sharks are around, the other fish sure do.
    imagine Majerus as coach at the U with Utah in the PAC-12 that would have been unbelievable

  24. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Twin Falls, Idaho
    Posts
    2,940
    Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    With any luck, Hurley is off to something better after this season.
    You gotta think he's now the front-runner from outside the program to succeed Coach K at Duke, or at least rising fast on short lists that matter. And other schools know that too, which will make them hesitant to hire him. He's either fired, at ASU for the next decade-plus or his next job is Duke.

  25. #25
    Cheaters

    https://twitter.com/SteveMims_RG/sta...20270393278464

    Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

    "And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

  26. #26
    Portland St. dropped 106 on Oregon St. last night.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

    Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

  27. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Portland St. dropped 106 on Oregon St. last night.
    That was Cal. Instead, Oregon State lost to Kent State by a point.

  28. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by UBlender View Post
    That was Cal. Instead, Oregon State lost to Kent State by a point.
    That's what I meant...dang it.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

    Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

  29. #29
    The three UCLA players caught shoplifting in China will not play at all this season. The Ball kid is gone, and the other two players suspension has been change from indefinite to the full season.
    Dyslexics of the world, untie!

  30. #30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •