Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: PAC-12 hoops in 2017-2018

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I was giving MRD credit for being a genius.
    I was merely pointing out the fallacy of your logic.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    We're doomed then. His support is like the kiss of death for us.

USC gets the road win, now 11-5 while the Buffs drop to 7-9.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Joe Lunardi's latest bracket shows 3 Pac 12 teams in: Arizona (4), ASU (6), USC (12 - play in game, last four in), UCLA first four out, Washington first four out, Utah next four out.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Washington first four out, Utah next four out.
    UW lucked out with playing Kansas 2 months before the Jayhawks finally put it together.

Alonzo Trier ruled ineligible for a banned substance. Arizona is appealing the ruling.

Alonzo Trier ruled ineligible for a banned substance. Arizona is appealing the ruling.
    Everyone's odds in Vegas just went up slightly.

https://theathletic.com/248486/2018/...to-the-bubble/

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Would have loved to see our RPI had Xavier not bailed on coming out here this year.........

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Would have loved to see our RPI had Xavier not bailed on coming out here this year.........
    We replaced them with Missouri no? So, still a decent game.

We replaced them with Missouri no? So, still a decent game.

Its true. But we were one game short in non con. Would have loved to have them both!!

Its true. But we were one game short in non con. Would have loved to have them both!!
    I watched the post game coverage on FS1 after Oregon/ASU and it appears to me that this year may be one of those years where the Pac 12 non-conference scheduling really comes into focus. As you note, we had one extra game to play that we didn't schedule...now, nobody has a crystal ball to see how these things might work out, but there are any number of teams right now with a top 100 RPI that we could've played at home that very likely would've gotten us another decent win, including UVU, Illinois St. (who was begging for teams to play at the end of last year when they missed out on the NCAAs, South Dakota/South Dakota St. The list goes on and on.

Updated standings as of last night's results:

1. Arizona 22-6, 12-3 - Clinches a share of the regular season title with a win over Oregon, can clinch it out right if we beat USC
    2. USC 21-9, 11-5
    3. UCLA 19-9, 10-6
    4. Utah 18-9, 10-6 - We all know the stakes here, but a win very likely gets us into serious discussion for the big dance, and a top 3 seed in Vegas.
    5. Stanford 15-13, 9-6 - Stanford looks to be heading towards a 10-8 finish to the season with Wazzu at home and a trip to the Arizona schools.
    6. Oregon 18-10, 8-7 - picked up a big win over ASU last night and now hosts Arizona.
    7. Washington 18-10, 8-7 - Bad loss last night at Stanford, will probably have a tough time getting into the tournament now despite three winnable games down the stretch.
    8. Arizona St. 19-10, 7-8 - Still trying to cash in on the early season success, and it looks like they will still get into the tournament...would love to avoid them in the quarterfinals of the Pac 12 tournament. For those keeping track at home...Hurley's sideline behavior is still absurd.
    9. Colorado 15-13, 7-9 - If the Buffs beat UCLA, and we take care of business vs. USC, I believe that gets us a tiebreaker against both of those teams, so...Go Buffs. Otherwise, they look to be heading toward the 8/9 game in Vegas.
    10. Oregon St. 13-14, 5-10 - The likely 10 seed in the Pac 12 tourney, I think the Beavers are going to be a tough out.
    11. Wazzu 10-16, 3-12 - Ernie Kent looks like he will avoid the 12 seed in the Pac 12 Tournament. Congrats!
    12. Cal 8-20, 2-13 - Has basically locked up the 12 seed in Vegas.

Updated standings as of last night's results:

1. Arizona 22-6, 12-3 - Clinches a share of the regular season title with a win over Oregon, can clinch it out right if we beat USC
    2. USC 21-9, 11-5
    3. UCLA 19-9, 10-6
    4. Utah 18-9, 10-6 - We all know the stakes here, but a win very likely gets us into serious discussion for the big dance, and a top 3 seed in Vegas.
    5. Stanford 15-13, 9-6 - Stanford looks to be heading towards a 10-8 finish to the season with Wazzu at home and a trip to the Arizona schools.
    6. Oregon 18-10, 8-7 - picked up a big win over ASU last night and now hosts Arizona.
    7. Washington 18-10, 8-7 - Bad loss last night at Stanford, will probably have a tough time getting into the tournament now despite three winnable games down the stretch.
    8. Arizona St. 19-10, 7-8 - Still trying to cash in on the early season success, and it looks like they will still get into the tournament...would love to avoid them in the quarterfinals of the Pac 12 tournament. For those keeping track at home...Hurley's sideline behavior is still absurd.
    9. Colorado 15-13, 7-9 - If the Buffs beat UCLA, and we take care of business vs. USC, I believe that gets us a tiebreaker against both of those teams, so...Go Buffs. Otherwise, they look to be heading toward the 8/9 game in Vegas.
    10. Oregon St. 13-14, 5-10 - The likely 10 seed in the Pac 12 tourney, I think the Beavers are going to be a tough out.
    11. Wazzu 10-16, 3-12 - Ernie Kent looks like he will avoid the 12 seed in the Pac 12 Tournament. Congrats!
    12. Cal 8-20, 2-13 - Has basically locked up the 12 seed in Vegas.
    I think we pretty much wrapped up at least 4th. We hold the tie breaker on everyone below us except ASU which beat USC and UCLA. So if Stanford, ASU, Utah and UCLA were tied at 10-8. It would go record against those schools which is:

Stanford 2-3
    ASU 3-2
    UCLA 2-3
    Utah 3-2

Then their win ASU win over USC would give them 3 and Utah would be 4.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

If we beat Colorado we end up 4th. The only team below us we don't have tiebreaker with is asu and they have 8 losses.

Azholes 1
    uscheaters 2
    Ucla @Colo @usc 3
    Utah 7 losses Colo
    Stanford 6 losses wazzu, @ az @ asu
    Oregon 7 losses az, @ wash @ wazzu
    Wash 7 losses @ cal, osu oreg
    Asu 8 losses

I think we can safely pencil Cal in as the 12 seed.

Oregon State beats Arizona State, could move up into the 8/9 slot if the Buffs stumble.

Ducks top Arizona in OT...We still own the tiebreaker over them so the result isn't terrible for us. The game between them and the Huskies could very well be for that 5th seed.

One more tomorrow between. UCLA and the Buffs before we head into the final weekend of the regular season. Should be exciting.

I think we can safely pencil Cal in as the 12 seed.
    And by virtue of Oregon State's win over ASU, Wazzu is penciled in as the 11 seed.

League RPIs as of this morning:

Arizona 18
    USC 31
    ASU 39
    UCLA 48
    Wash 49
    Utah 53
    Oregon 71
    Stanford 83
    Colorado 85

Everyone else 150 or worse.

Buffs take care of the Bruins...the path to the 3 seed is there for the Utes. The league has really cannibalized itself this year.

Buffs take care of the Bruins...the path to the 3 seed is there for the Utes. The league has really cannibalized itself this year.

While I certainly hope we win on Saturday, the 3 seed gives us a potential semi final with USC. I just don't like our odds against them.

While I certainly hope we win on Saturday, the 3 seed gives us a potential semi final with USC. I just don't like our odds against them.
    The semi vs Zona is only more appealing if Ayton get suspended. Otherwise, either way we'll have to play a team that beat us twice.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    The semi vs Zona is only more appealing if Ayton get suspended. Otherwise, either way we'll have to play a team that beat us twice.
    Unless Arizona gets Trier back, they are a better draw for us, with or without Ayton. Either game is a long shot but we have been beaten up twice by USC and competed pretty well twice with Arizona

I think we need UCLA to lose to USC to get 4th. I don’t think we own the tiebreaker over UCLA do we? We split and they own point differential.

I don’t see Stanford losing to Cal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    I think we need UCLA to lose to USC to get 4th. I don’t think we own the tiebreaker over UCLA do we? We split and they own point differential.

I think Stanford has the AZ schools. They should lose.

If we win, we should get 3rd or 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stanford is at the zona schools. They just have to lose 1 of those 2

Alright, so as we head into the final week of the season, here are the standings:

1. Arizona (12-4) - vs. Stanford, Call Prediction (2-0 this week). #1 Seed
    2. USC (12-5) - vs. UCLA Prediction (1-0 this week). #2 Seed
    3. Stanford (10-6) - @ Arizona, ASU Prediction (0-2 this week). #5 Seed
    4. UCLA (10-7) - @ USC Prediction (0-1 this week). #6 Seed
    5. Utah (10-7) - vs. Colorado Prediction (1-0 this week). #3 Seed.
    6. Oregon (9-7) - @ Wazzu, Washington. Prediction (2-0 this week). #4 Seed
    7. Wash (9-7) - vs. OSU, Oregon Prediction (1-1 this week). #7 Seed
    8. Colorado (8-9) - @ Utah Prediction (0-1 this week). #9 Seed
    9. ASU (7-9) - vs. Cal, Stanford. Prediction (2-0 this week). #8 Seed
    10. OSU (6-10) - @ Wash, Wazzu Prediction (0-2 this week). #10 Seed
    11. Wazzu (3-13) - vs. Oregon, OSU Prediction (1-1 this week). #11 Seed
    12. Cal (2-14) - @ASU, Arizona. Prediction (0-2 this week). #12 Seed

This assumes three teams finish at 10-8 (Stanford, UCLA, Wash) and in that Scenario, Stanford is 3-1 vs. the other two, UCLA is 2-1, and Wash is 0-3

In summary, the DNF crystal ball says:

1. Arizona
    2. USC
    3. Utah
    4. Oregon
    5. Stanford
    6. UCLA
    7. Wash
    8. ASU
    9. CU
    10. OSU
    11. Wazzu
    12. Cal

Alright, so as we head into the final week of the season, here are the standings:

1. Arizona (12-4) - vs. Stanford, Call Prediction (2-0 this week). #1 Seed
    2. USC (12-5) - vs. UCLA Prediction (1-0 this week). #2 Seed
    3. Stanford (10-6) - @ Arizona, ASU Prediction (0-2 this week). #5 Seed
    4. UCLA (10-7) - @ USC Prediction (0-1 this week). #6 Seed
    5. Utah (10-7) - vs. Colorado Prediction (1-0 this week). #3 Seed.
    6. Oregon (9-7) - @ Wazzu, Washington. Prediction (2-0 this week). #4 Seed
    7. Wash (9-7) - vs. OSU, Oregon Prediction (1-1 this week). #7 Seed
    8. Colorado (8-9) - @ Utah Prediction (0-1 this week). #9 Seed
    9. ASU (7-9) - vs. Cal, Stanford. Prediction (2-0 this week). #8 Seed
    10. OSU (6-10) - @ Wash, Wazzu Prediction (0-2 this week). #10 Seed
    11. Wazzu (3-13) - vs. Oregon, OSU Prediction (1-1 this week). #11 Seed
    12. Cal (2-14) - @ASU, Arizona. Prediction (0-2 this week). #12 Seed

This assumes three teams finish at 10-8 (Stanford, UCLA, Wash) and in that Scenario, Stanford is 3-1 vs. the other two, UCLA is 2-1, and Wash is 0-3

In summary, the DNF crystal ball says:

1. Arizona
    2. USC
    3. Utah
    4. Oregon
    5. Stanford
    6. UCLA
    7. Wash
    8. ASU
    9. CU
    10. OSU
    11. Wazzu
    12. Cal
    blows me away that ASU finishing 8th appears to be a lock for the big dance, but #2 USC is squarely on the bubble, I get that ASU had a spectacular pre-conference season, but....