Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: If Not Arizona, Then a Land Not Too Far Away: Utah vs. Arizona and Arizona St.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    That was a really fun road win. I have no idea if it was part of the gameplan or not,
    I'm pretty sure the gameplan was for Clark Barefield to go behind the Curtain of Distraction and emerge as Superman.

When the Utes have 3 players scoring (last night for awhile it was Jayce, Bibbins, and Rawson), it's pretty sweet to see the ball move around.

I wish Seeley had played. He wouldn't have taken that ASU crap when they were goading Bibbins.
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Was this a gutty win or did we just get lucky?

"It doesn't make any sense, Admiral.
    Yamamoto had everything going for him, power, experience, confidence... Were we better than the Japanese, or just luckier?"

Attached Images Attached Images
    "It'd be nice to please everyone but I thought it would be more interesting to have a point of view." -- Oscar Levant

Loved all the post game comments that AZ St should have fouled, whereas Hurley was telling them to back off—not foul.
    Hope local press calls him out.

If Not Arizona, Then a Land Not Too Far Away: Utah vs. Arizona and Arizona St.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I agree with the others. Little of both. I also think we tend to remember the melt downs and tend to forget the times we solidly close games out.

At any rate, a road win against a ranked team is something to celebrate, regardless of how the last few minutes played out.
    Oh, I agree. I love the the win. I still think Larry needs to get better at preparing his players for crunch time, and at managing those final seconds. It’s just not a place where he excels. He said on the postgame show that he was trying to call time out before Barefield’s shot at the end of regulation but couldn’t get anyone’s attention. That’s not reassuring.
    Last edited by LA Ute; 01-27-2018 at 11:05 AM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Alkins apparently not playing due to a foot injury.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Ouch...so far.

Ayton is a freak....and to have another 7 footer to pair with him? Hard to deal with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bibbins forgot he was 5’Nothing there

Hate it when Collette does his cute church-ball moves inside the paint against superior athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Ayton is a freak....and to have another 7 footer to pair with him? Hard to deal with that.

How heavy do you think the bag of cash that was "accidentally" dropped on ayton's floor was?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Akot gets to play with Alkins out. Man, he is not polished at all. And Gus Johnson called him "Ayot". Hee hee.
    Well that 80k he got was probably worth it

U of pAy!
    U of pAy!

Bear down and drop that bag of cash!

"Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

This is probably Bibbins worst game of the season

I just turned in and saw UA’s big stiff hit a three. Apparently they can’t miss today. It doesn’t help that we let them take uncontested shots.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Yeah. He was 0-5 coming in to today.

Trier should have been called for 2 technicals now.

PVD with a big 3!

If Not Arizona, Then a Land Not Too Far Away: Utah vs. Arizona and Arizona St.

That was an intentional trip.
    And yet he complained about it vociferously. I don’t like that kid.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Yeah. He was 0-5 coming in to today.

3-3....

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    3-3....

And he’s obviously not that good of a shooter cause Miller was pissed even after he made the third.

3-3....

So you call bibbins on a loose ball but not Cartwright?

He walked Tillman right out from under the basket.....

man....Tillman way rushed that shot. Had enough time for at least one dribble.

An inch the other way and Tillman gets that foul. Too bad.

--Yeats

So you call bibbins on a loose ball but not Cartwright?

So apparently you can push with your body and it's ok?

Amazing how quickly that Arizona team lost its composure, Trier in particular. They can be had.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Cant be too unhappy with that road swing.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    Cant be too unhappy with that road swing.
    Agreed. I would say can't be unhappy at all.

Quote Originally Posted by justaute View Post
    Agreed. I would say can't be unhappy at all.
    Especially since Colorado went 0-2. If we can beat them Friday, we will be in a good position to close out the conference season strong.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

I think I'll be there.
    We’re all depending on you.

--Yeats

DNF, you making the trip?
    Not this time. One of these days though.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.