Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: If Not Arizona, Then a Land Not Too Far Away: Utah vs. Arizona and Arizona St.

Didn't watch the CU/UA game, but just read the below on Bruins' site. Is this true?

"Colorado has a 7 foot freshman kid named Walton, no relation to Bill, who I had not seen before kid was terrific today. Had 16 points, 7-7 from the floor, made midrange shots, posted up both Ristic and Ayton. They only credited him with 2 blocks, I thought he had at least 5 and I missed the first 10 minutes of the game. There was one key trip late where he deflected PJC's shot and then blocked the attempted putback by Alkins, kid is from Colorado and as someone who follows recruiting I'll openly admit I've never heard of him before but he looked great today. Also he's either not 7 feet, or Ayton is even taller than 7'2" because he was about 4 inches taller than Walton"

Quote Originally Posted by justaute View Post
    Didn't watch the CU/UA game, but just read the below on Bruins' site. Is this true?

"Colorado has a 7 foot freshman kid named Walton, no relation to Bill, who I had not seen before kid was terrific today. Had 16 points, 7-7 from the floor, made midrange shots, posted up both Ristic and Ayton. They only credited him with 2 blocks, I thought he had at least 5 and I missed the first 10 minutes of the game. There was one key trip late where he deflected PJC's shot and then blocked the attempted putback by Alkins, kid is from Colorado and as someone who follows recruiting I'll openly admit I've never heard of him before but he looked great today. Also he's either not 7 feet, or Ayton is even taller than 7'2" because he was about 4 inches taller than Walton"

I keep waiting for Jayce Johnson to be that guy for us. Sigh.

If Not Arizona, Then a Land Not Too Far Away: Utah vs. Arizona and Arizona St.

Quote Originally Posted by snafu View Post
    I keep waiting for Jayce Johnson to be that guy for us. Sigh.
    While he had a 7-7 day today, Walton had 1 rebound. This game is a scoring outlier.

For the season Walton averages 4.9 points and 3.4 rebounds in 15.2 minutes.

Johnson averages 6.3 points and 5.7 rebounds in 16.3 minutes.

Walton is averaging 21 minutes in conference games, he’s up to 6.3 points in those games, but still only grabs 4.8 rebounds. He’s had two games in double digits scoring, the rest he’s never broken 6. He’s never had double digit rebounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Donnie Tillman tonight, per Riley.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Guard oriented teams can make a killing on the line in college basketball. Officials are predispositioned to blow that whistle on every drive.

kodi with an "i". So cute.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Guard oriented teams can make a killing on the line in college basketball. Officials are predispositioned to blow that whistle on every drive.
    I said this as a type of reverse jinx. Worked. Utes live at the line in the first half!

Love the comeback. Let's bury them in the 2nd half.

I think the score is screwed up. They gave a 3 to asu that wasnt one. Also they gave Utah a basket when asu scored

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    I think the score is screwed up

They had it wrong for a while on TV, but I thought they corrected it.

Long season and all but Justin Bibbins is making a strong case for "first team" all Pac 12.

Pretty sure Hurley cries more than a sick baby

All ASU bigs with 4 fouls. Please let this turn into rebounds for us.

Ridiculous foul on Collette. Justice is lowrring his! Shoulders

"Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Ridiculous foul on Collette. Justice is lowrring his! Shoulders

And what the heck, NBA continuation too

Give me a break shannon Evans... a 40 footer

That and 1 for justice was garbage. No one touched him.

That and 1 for justice was garbage. No one touched him.
    You are right on both.

Also, Caldwell is an instant turnover if he puts the ball on the floor.

Everytime i think we are going to pull away utah has a stupid turnover

Everytime i think we are going to pull away utah has a stupid turnover
    Or Shannon Evans hits a 3.

Call the damn travel!!!!

Back to back misses from Barefield, while Collette has 3 inches on the wuss Mitchell who is "guarding" him. Why are we not going to the post for the past few minutes?

Guess I don’t know what a block is these days

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Guess I don’t know what a block is these days
    Nobody does. That's an issue in basketball.

Who do you want to take this shot?

I think Barefield has the best chance at creating a shot for himself, if 1-on-1 is the plan.

We just got screwed.

Everytime i think we are going to pull away utah has a stupid turnover.
    Pretty much the story of our PAC-12 season so far.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

We are not a good rebounding team, and that hurts. Tillman may be our best rebounder after Jayce, and he had to miss this one.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    We are not a good rebounding team, and that hurts. Tillman may be our best rebounder after Jayce, and he had to miss this one.
    Given a healthy donnie t, I would like our odds to win the return trip to Tempe

Just got home from the game -- first MBB game for me. Sigh....

If you told me 2 weeks ago we'd be 2-2 at this point, I would have taken it. But it feels a bit worse to have done so well on the road in Oregon, then give up these two winnable games.

Still some perspective that these were two very good Arizona teams, and we didn't have all of our talent a healthy to take them on.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.