Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SOCAL is where my mind is... Utah @ UCLA and USC

Metu may be the most protected player in the country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post

But his sweet, endearing attitude and personality make that easier to take.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

The refs are so ridiculous

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

We are just outmanned today. Maybe eight times out of 10 we would be outmanned against this team.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    We are just outmanned today. Maybe eight times out of 10 we would be outmanned against this team.

You’re right we’ve been playing 5 on 8 all game

Safe to say that two of our worst efforts were against these guys.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

I guess they figure they are going to have vacate the win anyways so might as well play everybody

"Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

You’re right we’ve been playing 5 on 8 all game

Lol

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Lol
    28-30 points a half isn’t going to get it done.
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

Well that was a tough one...no other way to slice it. USC's athleticism was a real problem for us all day long. We weren't hitting our shots, boxing out on defense, closing out on threes, and they took advantage at every turn. Feels like USC got in our guys' heads early an often. Collette has been angling for the intentional foul he got since at least Thursday, maybe longer. Bibbins seemed to get frustrated easily (with good reason), and we just didn't get a whole lot from anyone else. I do hope that Larry can pick up a nice fine for criticizing the refs after this one. They deserve it. #YouKnowThatBobby.

Hopefully the guys can rest up and get ready for CU and then on to Vegas. We desperately need to get healthy. We still have the inside track on the #4 seed, and if UCLA loses to CU and USC, the 3 seed is still a possibility.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

He did a great pantomime of throwing money to the MUSS after the game.

If Ayton got $100,000, then what did Metu cost?

the $2,000 was just agent money---not what Enfield & Bland had to pay.

Plus how does Kuz get $7,500 & Metu only $2,000.?????????????

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Well that was a tough one...no other way to slice it. USC's athleticism was a real problem for us all day long. We weren't hitting our shots, boxing out on defense, closing out on threes, and they took advantage at every turn. Feels like USC got in our guys' heads early an often. Collette has been angling for the intentional foul he got since at least Thursday, maybe longer. Bibbins seemed to get frustrated easily (with good reason), and we just didn't get a whole lot from anyone else. I do hope that Larry can pick up a nice fine for criticizing the refs after this one. They deserve it. #YouKnowThatBobby.

Hopefully the guys can rest up and get ready for CU and then on to Vegas. We desperately need to get healthy. We still have the inside track on the #4 seed, and if UCLA loses to CU and USC, the 3 seed is still a possibility.
    Yup. Having Barefield out really, really hurt as well. Bibbins played the full 40 against UCLA, and with no Sed he was forced to basically do the same (well, until he picked up his 4th), all in a game where the refs were essentially letting SC use hockey-style body checks on defense. Throw that in with the short turnaround (thanks a bunch, scheduling algorithms), an off-night shooting (we were due for one of those) and the fact that Jayce didn't look right, you've got rough day.

Bad enough to lose out on the chance for an at-large. Worse to do so at the hands of that whiny little weasel Enfield. At least it was a fun ride these last few weeks - whatever the outcome, Larry got these guys to play at or close to the ceiling their talent and experience level would allow, and that's got to be worth something.

SOCAL is where my mind is... Utah @ UCLA and USC

Quote Originally Posted by Old Standing ute View Post
    He did a great pantomime of throwing money to the MUSS after the game.

If Ayton got $100,000, then what did Metu cost?

the $2,000 was just agent money---not what Enfield & Bland had to pay.

Plus how does Kuz get $7,500 & Metu only $2,000.?????????????
    He did that during the game.

How his hand gestures, push-ups etc didn’t get an unsportsmanlike tech is beyond me

Last edited by Diehard Ute; 02-24-2018 at 10:40 PM.

I commend Krystkowiak for being 10-7 essentially with a church ball team (a pickle he has himself to blame for), but setbacks such as we saw today after being given substantial false hope seem to be a hallmark of his program.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    I commend Krystkowiak for being 10-7 essentially with a church ball team (a pickle he has himself to blame for), but setbacks such as we saw today after being given substantial false hope seem to be a hallmark of his program.
    Come on you can't just show up when they lose. This team hasnt played a game where someone wasn't hurt. They also only played the 3 worst teams in the conference 4 times. Imagine where we'd be if instead of playin in socal we went to nocal and instead of playing the az schools at home we got oregons.

Yes they played terribly today. But give this team more credit than false hope.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    This is just adorable.

--Yeats