Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rocky Mountain High - Utah vs. Colorado 2018

Mercifully I missed the cold spell and got to watch only the last 5:00 or so. I like the way they put the Buffs away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

I hear Seeley did well.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Larry k should be pac12 coach of the Year

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    agreed

It wasn't pretty, but they got the 3 seed. Now time to do some damage.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    It wasn't pretty, but they got the 3 seed. Now time to do some damage.
    Who wins a tiebreaker between UCLA and Oregon if UCLA loses tonight? Looks like we will either play the Ducks or the Bruins. Not sure which team I prefer. I think I prefer UCLA.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Who wins a tiebreaker between UCLA and Oregon if UCLA loses tonight? Looks like we will either play the Ducks or the Bruins. Not sure which team I prefer. I think I prefer UCLA.
    I wouldn't sleep on osu. I could see them upsetting

"Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Larry k should be pac12 coach of the Year
    Utah was picked 7th, finished 3rd.

UW was picked 10th, finished 7th.

Neither team looked like much before the season started. Utah went 2-0 vs UW. Utah finished the season strong, and UW wilted. I think Larry is a good choice.

Do coaches vote as well as media? I think that would be good for us. Other coaches don't want the new kid on the block to come in and take COY in year 1.

I think UCLA does because of their win over USC earlier in the year. They split with each other and both beat AZ.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    I think UCLA does because of their win over USC earlier in the year. They split with each other and both beat AZ.

But someone on Twitter said the opposite of what I said, so who knows.

Who was the bigger pleasant surprise this season — Bibbins or Rawson?

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    One vote for Rawesome.

Rocky Mountain High - Utah vs. Colorado 2018

It’s close but I vote for Bibbins because he came out of nowhere. A 5’8” kid from Long Beach State. We wondered if he was really PAC-12 caliber. His season-long impact, often in clutch situations, just kept surprising us. But Rawson is close.

--Yeats

It’s close but I vote for Bibbins because he came out of nowhere. A 5’8” kid from Long Beach State. We wondered if he was really PAC-12 caliber. His season-long impact, often in clutch situations, just kept surprising us. But Rawson is close.

Agreed. Bibbins had no time in the program either; made an immediate adjustment to Pac 12 basketball. We might have won 10 games without Rawson; would might not have won 5 without Bibbins.

It's not close. Bibbins was a grad transfer who is 1st team all pac12. Rawson has been great but the bigger surprise is bibbins

"Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

It's Rawson. After last season, there was no reason to think he could contribute. With Bibbins, there was at least the hope of the unknown.

While I think he surprised us, I don’t think he surprised the coaches

Reportedly They recruited him out of High school but got brandon Taylor and didn’t want two below height guards at the same time

I'm with you Sancho. After last season, I didn't think Rawson would show up against Pac-12 play. He's been really good this season. It was noticeable last night that he was playing very sick and yet he still found a few ways to contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    While I think he surprised us, I don’t think he surprised the coaches

Reportedly They recruited him out of High school but got brandon Taylor and didn’t want two below height guards at the same time

Good info and good point. I think both Rawson and Bibbins are evidence of LK’s ability to spot talent under the radar, and in Rawson’s case, to coach up big men. Rawson was a willing pupil and worked hard — in the weight room, for example.

--Yeats

Parker Van Dyke is another example this year. He worked hard, put in the time in practice and in the weight room, and the results really showed. He does a good job of staying in position and became a decent defender. He is built like a linebacker too. He is making a case to be the Sixth Man next year.

Carryover thought from Saturday. Is McKinley Wright someone who can leave early for the NBA? If not, he is going to terrorize the Pac-12 for years.