Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
Next year will be interesting, because you'll have a pretty solid core coming back (assuming no transfers) Of Tillman, Barefield, Johnson, Seeley, etc. And an influx of young guys as well. Will we see another dumbing down of the schedule? I hope not, but who knows.

Not to jump ahead, but we know we play @Missouri and a neutral site game vs. BYU. I thought I saw somewhere that we are in the field for next year's Phil Knight classic, which will probably have some decent teams.
The PK classic was loaded this year. That would be great.

When we say "dumbing down the schedule" we are talking about just two games, right? How many schools don't have a couple of really bad teams on the schedule? The tweet that suggested that we would be 15 places higher in RPI if not for two games - does that tweet apply to just about everyone?

One thing that should help is expanding the conference schedule to 20 or 22 games. Seems like all the big conferences are doing this. There should be more opportunities to add decent OOC mid-major opponents.

I do think coaches will always want 1-2 games where they don't have to stress at all. They want an opener against a bad team, and they want a bad team during finals week - the kind of team that requires 0 prep or film study. I think this is fine, and the selection committee should stop the silliness of penalizing teams for it. Until they grow up, though, teams like us should work schedules to game the system.