Thread: 2018 Obituaries

2018 Obituaries

R.I.P. Jon Huntsman, thank you for all of your service and support of the U.

http://fox13now.com/2018/02/02/jon-h...ead-at-age-80/

That is going to have multiple rippling effects for Utah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Condolences to the Huntsman family, and thank you, thank you, thank you for your generous contributions to this great university.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Kate Spade. Designer & SIL of comedian David Spade dies by suicide.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...D=ansmsnnews11
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Anthony Bourdain of Parts Unknown committed suicide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Anthony Bourdain of Parts Unknown committed suicide.
    I didn't watch his show, but he's a big enough figure that most people know a little about him. His attitude reminded me of my LDS mission to Peru. On the plane to Lima, I started to wonder what food would be like in Peru. I decided that I would love everything about the food, and from there I decided I would just love everything about the nation, the people, and the culture. I always felt bad for the missionaries who didn't make that decision.

Anyway, without knowing much about him and without having watched his show, I feel a small kinship just knowing that we shared a love of good food and meeting people.

Charles Krauthammer, 68, arguably one of the preeminent conservative thinker in the last 50 years.....Reagan, Buckley Jr., Friedman, Sowell & Williams among others.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...ead-at-68.html

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    Charles Krauthammer
    I used to read him. I think he was great. Very clear, rational, and honest.

Koko. The gorilla. Not the Costanza.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    Joe Jackson, father of Tito, grand father to Blanket. Another tough Las Vegas loss.

Former WWE Wrestler Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart, gone at 63.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Aretha Franklin, 76.

Aretha Franklin, the legendary ‘Queen of Soul’ and a symbol of black pride and women’s liberation, dies at 76, AP reports - The Washington Posthttps://apple.news/AWtlNR8CGRt2hBl2dVdFlkA