Thread: Utah vs. Cal, 2018: Maybe an offer from them can be turned down?

Utah vs. Cal, 2018: Maybe an offer from them can be turned down?

The 1998 team will be honored at halftime Saturday night. I wish I could be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Brings back a lot of memories! Great times as a student there during that time.

Why would anyone schedule winter olympics up against Utah/Stanford and Duke/Carolina? Those skiers just don't have a chance tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    The 1998 team will be honored at halftime Saturday night. I wish I could be there.

Nate Althoff was on that team? I must have repressed that memory.

On the radio yesterday, B johnson was asked by PK if jordie McTavish would be there. Said he didnt know, but hoped so. Asked if David Jackson would be there, he laughed and said not a chance. Said he used to bump into Jackson in the D league and elsewhere, and Jackson basically hated hated hated Majerus. Said Jackson was a tremendous basketball player when Majerus was not around, and terrible when he was. PK asked that last question with a wink, knowing what the answer would be.

Does anybody want four tickets to the Cal game tonight? Send me a PM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    On the radio yesterday, B johnson was asked by PK if jordie McTavish would be there. Said he didnt know, but hoped so. Asked if David Jackson would be there, he laughed and said not a chance. Said he used to bump into Jackson in the D league and elsewhere, and Jackson basically hated hated hated Majerus. Said Jackson was a tremendous basketball player when Majerus was not around, and terrible when he was. PK asked that last question with a wink, knowing what the answer would be.
    Looking at the pictures on Twitter Dave Jackson is there.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

https://twitter.com/espn700bill/stat...04479395299328

"Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

https://twitter.com/espn700bill/stat...09575537569792

Interesting Pvd probably had his best game as a Ute against Stanford but Caldwell Starts

Cal sucks... I guess when your bag dropper leaves for mizzou that's what happens

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Looking at the pictures on Twitter Dave Jackson is there.

Dave and Jordie were both here

https://www.facebook.com/uathletics/...6108363015960/

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Cal sucks... I guess when your bag dropper leaves for mizzou that's what happens
    ...in related news, Mizzou is good again.

I'll take a 34 point conference win

In the post game presser LK sounded both upbeat and emotional. The Huntsman funeral was today and the team attended. Larry clearly found the service very moving. He was saying a lot about Huntsman, the ‘98 team, how much he admires Majerus, how lucky he feels to be coaching at Utah. It was impressive.

--Yeats