Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Football Recruiting

Must have gotten a great salary offer from them.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Gunther said today that the Utes might still end up landing Jayden Daniels. It's maddening that he puts in so little effort to be informed about anything. Biggest hack we have ever had in this market.
    He isn't even close to the biggest hack, not that he is all that great. You seem to be forgetting we have Gordon Monson and PK in this market.

Wilmore picks the UTES!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Was 89% crystal ball'd to ASU this morning. Now 60% to utah.
    You are alive to me thank goodness

Anyone have any information on Darren Jones?

I heard Kyle say just now that they are working to get Rising eligible this fall. That was news to me (but I don't follow recruiting closely).

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    You are alive to me thank goodness
    We got him. Maybe this is old news already. I just started paying attention.

https://247sports.com/college/utah/A...SRpH5jbypUsv5I

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    He isn't even close to the biggest hack, not that he is all that great. You seem to be forgetting we have Gordon Monson and PK in this market.
    It's one thing to be an obvious pot stirrer like pk and monson. Its another to be completely unprepared and make stuff up. I'll pass on listening to any of them.

Now, for all those who want to treat college athletes like professionals, we should start trading these kids, right? ASU could trade 1-2 of their new QBs for the RB who got away.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Now, for all those who want to treat college athletes like professionals, we should start trading these kids, right? ASU could trade 1-2 of their new QBs for the RB who got away.
    Well, based on the projections from late last night or this morning, Utah and ASU basically swapped Juarez for Wilmore. Utah getting that deal without having to throw in a draft pick is a huge win.

Interesting theory:

Ute Believer liked
    lets go get a 🌹
    @LightUpTheU
    15h15 hours ago More

I legitimately think ASU offered that low 3 star LB kid just out of spite when they found out about Wilmore. No changing my mind about this. Sucks chodes

Boise, aka Paradise...I wish that was true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Wow. No wonder he’s headed to Idaho. Wouldn’t have gotten that kind of attention from the hometown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Langi made the front page of the Idaho Statesman sports section again. Only way he gets that in SLC is part of the Bingham 3 or 4 with Wissler.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
    "We're pretty damn good," -- Coach John Pease

Are both the Bingham boys going on missions before enrolling?

Brett McMurphyVerified account @Brett_McMurphy 2m2 minutes agoMore

Most players at NFL Combine:
    11-Alabama, Clemson
    10-Ohio State
    9-Georgia, Ole Miss, Washington
    8-Florida, Kentucky, Miss St., Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Wisconsin
    7-Boston College, Penn St., Stanford
    6-Auburn, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Missouri, NC State, Utah, West Virginia

This been posted already?

Pepa and Tafuna officially onboard. Both plan to serve missions before joining the program.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46485741...cruiting-class
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

So we are #1 in the PAC12 south. What Utah puts out in NFL players each year compared to the star rankings of the players we bring in has to make Utah one of the best player development programs out there.

People are so weird.

Utes land a grad transfer OL, Alex Locklear, from Marshall.

6'5 340 lbs. 35 appearances, two starts.

https://247sports.com/college/utah/A...ear-131618449/

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Any help on the o-line is appreciated and the kid may end up to be great, but I felt that all the BOOOOOOOM!!!! tweets may have been a tad overboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post

Any help on the o-line is appreciated and the kid may end up to be great, but I felt that all the BOOOOOOOM!!!! tweets may have been a tad overboard.
    Right - It certainly makes sense to hold spots open for grad transfers, no question. Is this an addition at the level of Manny Bowen? It's not immediately evident that it is.

Hardly the stats of an impact transfer. This signing tells me the coaches did not see the kind of development they wanted to see from the young OL in spring ball. It causes me greater concern about the OL then I had before. I had the opportunity to sit in these post spring ball player evals. before. They are brutally honest and harsh looks at the ability of each player in the program to start, be a quality back-up, develop, etc. Decisions are made on which players should be encouraged to on where each player stands and whether they should be encouraged to look elsewhere. The same type of eval occurs at the end of the season. The position coach produces a 1 page eval on each player in his group that addresses his school performance, weight room/training performance, film study/position meeting habits, mental strengths/weaknesses, practice performance, team mate qualities and then an opinion of where the kid is now, where they could be in a year or two. This are then shared with all of the coaches and everyone who has an opinion on the eval has an opportunity to comment. Whit relies heavily on these at his end of year and end of spring meetings with each player.

In Harding I trust, I guess.

Right - It certainly makes sense to hold spots open for grad transfers, no question. Is this an addition at the level of Manny Bowen? It's not immediately evident that it is.

I was listening to Andy Phillips and Tom Hackett’s podcast Special Forces Gang that they do for KSL. In it, Andy mentioned that he had a kicker sort of fall into his lap that he has introduced to the coaches and program that he felt was a continued compliment to the special teams of the past. He didn’t say much more than that and isn’t going to name him yet, but he seemed optimistic, so I’ll take it.

I was listening to Andy Phillips and Tom Hackett’s podcast Special Forces Gang that they do for KSL. In it, Andy mentioned that he had a kicker sort of fall into his lap that he has introduced to the coaches and program that he felt was a continued compliment to the special teams of the past. He didn’t say much more than that and isn’t going to name him yet, but he seemed optimistic, so I’ll take it.

Sounds like we are picking up UCLA's kicker, Andrew Strauch

Darren Jones ends up signing with Snow College.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...w-college.html

Utes add another Grad Transfer OL: Noah Myers from Wazzu.

Utes add another Grad Transfer OL: Noah Myers from Wazzu.
    I gotta feel that this commitment has a little more clout than the last one.

A tweet showed a photo of Luther Elliss recently visiting East HS. I guess he is the DL coach at Idaho and has been for a couple of years now. I did not know that. His son that we all hoped would come to Utah was a 2019 draft choice. I guess he ended up at Idaho as well.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    A tweet showed a photo of Luther Elliss recently visiting East HS. I guess he is the DL coach at Idaho and has been for a couple of years now. I did not know that. His son that we all hoped would come to Utah was a 2019 draft choice. I guess he ended up at Idaho as well.
    I think that was a different son. In fact, I think the fact that Utah took no interest in the older one who went to Idaho significantly hurt their chances at the other one who signed with an SEC school and went the JUCO route (not sure where he is now but it seems like it was only 1-2 years ago so I think his story is still being written somewhere).