Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 215

Thread: 2019 Football Recruiting

  1. #121
    Senior Member Scorcho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    1,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    I with you on that. Unfortunately, without missions, I believe we would have three more signees today. The Bingham three plan on going on missions right out of high school. They may "sign" in February, but we won't see them for a bit.
    they're always a nice surprise after a couple of years, but I might not live that long? I don't even risk buying green bananas

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Damage U View Post
    Anyone have more info on the "very interesting" recruiting story Whittingham eluded to in his presser?

    Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
    Watching right now and just heard that spot. My guess would be that he's not a fan of ASU. Seeing that they pulled in three 4* QBs today, I would imagine that there's some "very interesting" details behind their recruiting.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Damage U View Post
    Anyone have more info on the "very interesting" recruiting story Whittingham eluded to in his presser?

    Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
    Just a guess: ASU's suitcases full of cash.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Nice Marmot View Post
    Just a guess: ASU's suitcases full of cash.
    I would also guess it is Daniels

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    Game day in Death Valley is arguably THE greatest experience in all of football, NFL included.
    Crazy about all sports. My daughter would play vs LSU in softball and since she played 1b and close to the crowd they’d razz her relentlessly. No four letter words or anything, but, constant chattering (calling her out by name) throughout the entire game. Great softball atmosphere but Baton Rouge is trashy IMO.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    . Great softball atmosphere but Baton Rouge is trashy IMO.
    Game Day is the only show in town. Total trash town other than that.

  7. #127
    After spending the weekend in Salt Lake.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #128
    Hmmmmm.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Hmmmmm.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WHo is Chris Bernal and why should I listen to him?

  10. #130
    Anyone know where he stands eligibility wise? Sit out this year and then 3 to play 3?

  11. #131
    Senior Member Scorcho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    1,374
    I love it when the transport portal comes up Utah


  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Anyone know where he stands eligibility wise? Sit out this year and then 3 to play 3?
    Yes. Just looked up the 2018 quarterback rankings. Trevor Lawrence was number one, JT Daniels number two, Tanner McKee three Jack Tuttle 8th and Rising 11.
    Last edited by concerned; 01-17-2019 at 08:59 AM.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Yes. Just looked up the 2018 quarterback rankings. Trevor Lawrence was number one, JT Daniels number two, Tanner McKee three Jack Tuttle 8th and Rising 11.
    http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings/_/position/quarterback-pocket-passer/class/2018/view/position
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

    --Albert Einstein

    The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

    --Richard Dawkins

    Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

    --Philo

  14. #134

  15. #135
    I’m liking the Minshew mustache.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #136
    More evidence that ESPN is better than 247.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

    --Albert Einstein

    The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

    --Richard Dawkins

    Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

    --Philo

  17. #137
    Sam the Sheepdog LA Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    17,476
    He’s a big guy, 6‘2“ and 230 pounds. I took a quick look but didn’t see anything about his 40 time. It will be interesting to see what kind of offense is built around him, assuming he becomes the starter at Utah. (There’s a pretty decent chance of that happening, seems to me.)

    One encouraging thing about Ludwig is that he has had a 10-year history of adapting his offense to the personnel available to him. He did that when he was at Utah and Brian Johnson was the QB. Brian was not a RPO-type quarterback, and it doesn’t look like Rising is either. This looks like a really good get.

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

    “True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

    --John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

  18. #138
    Good article from Steve Bartle on some Ute targets as we head down the stretch of recruiting season.

    https://247sports.com/college/utah/B...ass-127894463/

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    He’s a big guy, 6‘2“ and 230 pounds. I took a quick look but didn’t see anything about his 40 time. It will be interesting to see what kind of offense is built around him, assuming he becomes the starter at Utah. (There’s a pretty decent chance of that happening, seems to me.)

    One encouraging thing about Ludwig is that he has had a 10-year history of adapting his offense to the personnel available to him. He did that when he was at Utah and Brian Johnson was the QB. Brian was not a RPO-type quarterback, and it doesn’t look like Rising is either. This looks like a really good get.
    Ludwig is already proving he is a better recruiter than TT.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
    Ludwig is already proving he is a better recruiter than TT.

    i am really curious as to how the connection was made. Ludwig may have been hired a week or so before it was announced. I am not sure I ever saw that Rising entered the portal. But there he was on campus the weekend that Ludwig showed up. Didn't trip to or investigate any other schools (it appears). Just a done deal.

    Maybe Utetopia can ask Ludwig.

  21. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Maybe Ludwig tried to recruit him to Vandy? Or maybe Mojo just recognized a perfect fit.
    His nickname is Bad Moon, for your information.

    I suspect Tuttle also would have found that a Ludwig offense would have fit his strengths and weaknesses better than TT.

  22. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    His nickname is Bad Moon, for your information.

    I suspect Tuttle also would have found that a Ludwig offense would have fit his strengths and weaknesses better than TT.
    Sorry, Andre already has "bad moon" locked up. We just can't have another one.

  23. #143
    Per Texas coaches, Rising can power clean 300# and runs a 4.75-ish 40. He is a pass-first QB, but has serious wheels and the size/strength of an LB. He is a very solid addition to the team.

  24. #144
    Chris Peterson been sniffing around Utah’s tracks.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #145
    LOL. Coach chasing off the dawgs.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  26. #146



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  27. #147
    Seems that Lolani Langi, of the Bingham 3, is now trending toward Boise State after being CB'd 100% to Utah for as long as I have been following it. Anyone know if this is the Utah coaches backing off or Lolani just losing interest or if there is hope here?

  28. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Seems that Lolani Langi, of the Bingham 3, is now trending toward Boise State after being CB'd 100% to Utah for as long as I have been following it. Anyone know if this is the Utah coaches backing off or Lolani just losing interest or if there is hope here?

    On Utehub, Utah posted that we have recruited him pretty hard, but he never reciprocated the interest enthusiastically, so we moved on. Said he is going to Boise most likely. Somebody said uncle Harvey recommended that he go to the U, but his may be a way of getting out of the Utah/BYU dynamic. FWIW.

  29. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    On Utehub, Utah posted that we have recruited him pretty hard, but he never reciprocated the interest enthusiastically, so we moved on. Said he is going to Boise most likely. Somebody said uncle Harvey recommended that he go to the U, but his may be a way of getting out of the Utah/BYU dynamic. FWIW.
    Strange development but thank you for the update. Any news on Darren Jones?

  30. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    On Utehub, Utah posted that we have recruited him pretty hard, but he never reciprocated the interest enthusiastically, so we moved on. Said he is going to Boise most likely. Somebody said uncle Harvey recommended that he go to the U, but his may be a way of getting out of the Utah/BYU dynamic. FWIW.
    "Utah" as in the guy who used to zealously argue on this board?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •