Thread: Greetings and salutations

Greetings and salutations

This really belongs here ...

Disclaimer / Introduction: I am an artist and college art prof currently pursuing a PhD in philosophy and art. If you can't tell I like to post about art, design and technology. As a long time frequenter of sports message boards I'm more interested in reading and occasionally commenting on subjects that interest me. I was born into a family of Utes, a few of which post and moderate here. My father has been a season ticket holder for many years. I could point out the section he sits in, in the header image of RES. Despite regularly playing touch football in the south end zone on Saturdays while my family witnessed one Ute football debacle after another I turned to the dark side and became a fan of BYU in the hey day of BYU football dominance. I no longer live in the Utah, let alone the US. I am a sports fan of divided loyalties. I prefer BYU but I don't often a miss a Utah game, when I can find it on TV. I come here mostly in an effort to stay connected to the sports and culture of my youth.

On a side note, I am still cheesed that Mormon Red Death (Ann Arbor Ute) didn't invite me to the Sugar Bowl along with my other brothers and brother in-law. I might even have sported a red t-shirt. Don’t believe his lame excuse that he didn’t think I wanted to go. We regularly meet up to travel to away games of both schools. I drove him and my parents to South Bend to watch Gomer Pile and his weak shoulders throw away any chance the Utes had of beating the Irish under the gaze of touch down Jesus. I fully expect MRD to travel with me to Virginia this fall for the BYU game. Especially if he wants me to bring my boys down to Ann Arbor when the Utes play Michigan next season … or, is it the season after next? In the interest of full disclosure, when I was a boy, my YMCA basketball team played an exhibition game at half time in the Huntsman Center. Too old to really run the floor as a player any more I now officiate high school and men's league basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
    This really belongs here ...

Disclaimer / Introduction: I am an artist and college art prof currently pursuing a PhD in philosophy and art. If you can't tell I like to post about art, design and technology. As a long time frequenter of sports message boards I'm more interested in reading and occasionally commenting on subjects that interest me. I was born into a family of Utes, a few of which post and moderate here. My father has been a season ticket holder for many years. I could point out the section he sits in, in the header image of RES. Despite regularly playing touch football in the south end zone on Saturdays while my family witnessed one Ute football debacle after another I turned to the dark side and became a fan of BYU in the hey day of BYU football dominance. I no longer live in the Utah, let alone the US. I am a sports fan of divided loyalties. I prefer BYU but I don't often a miss a Utah game, when I can find it on TV. I come here mostly in an effort to stay connected to the sports and culture of my youth.

On a side note, I am still cheesed that Mormon Red Death (Ann Arbor Ute) didn't invite me to the Sugar Bowl along with my other brothers and brother in-law. I might even have sported a red t-shirt. Don’t believe his lame excuse that he didn’t think I wanted to go. We regularly meet up to travel to away games of both schools. I drove him and my parents to South Bend to watch Gomer Pile and his weak shoulders throw away any chance the Utes had of beating the Irish under the gaze of touch down Jesus. I fully expect MRD to travel with me to Virginia this fall for the BYU game. Especially if he wants me to bring my boys down to Ann Arbor when the Utes play Michigan next season … or, is it the season after next? In the interest of full disclosure, when I was a boy, my YMCA basketball team played an exhibition game at half time in the Huntsman Center. Too old to really run the floor as a player any more I now officiate high school and men's league basketball.
    It's not my responsibility to make sure you go to Utah games. All you had to do was ask.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla