Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Basketball Scheduling Thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Looks like he is finally listening to you!
    Larry's come through on my demands in non-con scheduling, now it's up to me to keep my end of the bargain, and not lose my shizz when we lose a few of these games.

Fortunately, we've got a lot of margin of error in this schedule. We're in the 8-9 game in the Dance by going 19-11, 9-9 in league and a win in Vegas.

Stanford releases its non-con for 18-19 season. Remember, last year they had all the pieces in place on their schedule, they just dropped some mind-numbingly stupid games like EWU. https://gostanford.com/news/2018/6/2...-schedule.aspx

This schedule is highlighted by road games at UNC and Kansas. The move I think is particularly brilliant is that they scheduled a home and home with UNC Wilmington, and travel there the same weekend they play UNC. Wilmington was a tourney team last year, and I believe could be one this year as well, so you get another quality game on the schedule, and on a road trip you are already taking. Would be interesting to see if Larry & Co. would do this when they played the likes of Kentucky or Missouri in future schedules.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Stanford releases its non-con for 18-19 season. Remember, last year they had all the pieces in place on their schedule, they just dropped some mind-numbingly stupid games like EWU. https://gostanford.com/news/2018/6/2...-schedule.aspx

This schedule is highlighted by road games at UNC and Kansas. The move I think is particularly brilliant is that they scheduled a home and home with UNC Wilmington, and travel there the same weekend they play UNC. Wilmington was a tourney team last year, and I believe could be one this year as well, so you get another quality game on the schedule, and on a road trip you are already taking. Would be interesting to see if Larry & Co. would do this when they played the likes of Kentucky or Missouri in future schedules.
    That Battle 4 Atlantis field is stacked -- Florida, Butler, Virginia, Dayton, Oklahoma, Wisconsin and Middle Tennessee.

I always said that Stanford's non-con performance hurt the Pac-12 more than anything. Lots of quality Q1/2 wins went by the wayside.

Utes will open at Nevada on November 5th, per Twitter.

So, for those keeping track at home (only me):

Nov 5 - @ Nevada
    Nov 22-25 Myrtle Beach Invitational.
    Dec 18 - vs. Kentucky (Vegas)

The beehive classic will either be Dec 7 or 14.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

We keep getting hints that the hoops schedule will be out soon, perhaps even this week.

Here's an update of what we know so far:

11/5 - @Nevada
    11/22-24 - Myrtle Beach invite (brackets were released 7/16 last year - I think Coastal Carolina or Ohio will be the game)
    12/3 - BYU (not confirmed)
    12/7 - Central Arkansas
    12/14 - Beehive Classic (vs. Weber)
    12/18 - Kentucky (Vegas)
    12/21 - SDSU (Los Angeles)

Other known/reported games without dates:

vs. Minnesota
    @ Missouri (we owe them a game, I'm skeptical it happens)
    vs. Detroit Mercy

Update - Utes will in fact play Coastal Carolina in round one of the Myrtle Beach Invitational on 11/21. It will be the last game of the day at 7:00 PM, Eastern. This will give them another true road game for those counting at home, and would get the winner/loser of Baylor vs. Ohio.

For those interested.

Myrtle Beach invitational.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Update - Utes will in fact play Coastal Carolina in round one of the Myrtle Beach Invitational on 11/21. It will be the last game of the day at 7:00 PM, Eastern. This will give them another true road game for those counting at home, and would get the winner/loser of Baylor vs. Ohio.