Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
Hold your horses, Charlie. "Among the most satisfying victories of [your] Ute fanhood?" I'm as excited about the chance to be crowned CHAMPION as any red-blooded Ute fan, but this is the NIT. Unless you've been a Utefan for the past 2 years, I'd hope you can come up with a bunch of wins that far surpass this one (fingers crossed).

For me, a win would be better than making the NCAA tournament and maybe winning a game (MAYBE), but it does not compare with anything past the first weekend of the tourney. In the end, it really is a tournament for 65th best team (I know, I know, should by 67th) in the nation.

Am I wrong?
I don't think there is much value in saying that we are the 60-whatever best team in the country because we won the NIT, or finished second. The bottom line is that there are very few teams still playing and we're one of them. In the past our teams have packed it in at this time of year, and this team has fought through and won four more games than we thought they would. That's not nothing. I think it gives the young guys a taste of tournament play, which can only help, as well as the coaches like Biq said. Hopefully it helps next year during the Wooden Legacy tournament and maybe beyond. To be the only Pac 12 team left standing, even in the NIT is pretty cool. Shoot, if you are gonna play, you might as well try to win it.