Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2018 NCAA Tournament Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    quick math - if Gonzaga were in the MWC they would have made nearly double what they would have made in the WCC based on NCAA credits.

WCC 2018 tourney payouts $30.6 million

MWC 2018 tourney payouts $71.4 million
    More than that, because Gonzaga's own payouts would have been added to the MWC's payouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    More than that, because Gonzaga's own payouts would have been added to the MWC's payouts.

assuming that Gonzaga gave the MWC another bid, and did not knock out another team, which is not a sure thing.

The way to take dice throw out of coaching hires is to get existing head coaches at lesser schools who are super successful. See Texas Tech. Such were Hill’s best hires. Assistants are a complete crap shoot.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    assuming that Gonzaga gave the MWC another bid, and did not knock out another team, which is not a sure thing.
    It might not be an exact dollar-to-dollar change, but there's no question that the MWC's total payouts would have been much higher with Gonzaga in the conference.

The Loyola-Chicago Sister Jeans are up by 20.

This tournament is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s sad to see so many teams with conference records like ours in the tournament—Texas Tech, Clemson, North Carolina, Miami, West Virginia, Kansas State, UCLA, ASU, Seton Hall, etc.—realizing that all we needed to do was schedule more competitive games in the preseason to get in. It’s like malpractice to not schedule competitive games and make the hill so steep to get in the conference. Remember a few years back the Huskies won the PAC 12 regular season and didn’t get an NCAA bid.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    realizing that all we needed to do was schedule more competitive games in the preseason to get in
    This is not true. In the end, it wasn't RPI that kept us out. We needed quadrant 1 wins. We needed to beat Arizona.