Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
Results 571 to 577 of 577

Thread: The health care debate thread.

  1. #571
    California wants to put a 125% of medicare price cap on services. If that happens a lot of unintended consequences (good and bad) will happen.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

    "And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

  2. #572
    I know nothing about this stuff.
    What does that mean?
    Will I notice a change? (non-Californian, non-medicare user).

  3. #573
    Administrator U-Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    5,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I know nothing about this stuff.
    What does that mean?
    Will I notice a change? (non-Californian, non-medicare user).
    It means the California state legislature would control health care prices.

    It wouldn't affect non-Californians directly. It may indirectly help people in Oregon, Washington, and Arizona as health care providers flee to those states, creating more supply.

    Purposefully left out: Nevada. Nobody flees to Nevada except people in the Federal Witness Protection Program.

  4. #574
    Sam the Sheepdog LA Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    15,961
    Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    It means the California state legislature would control health care prices.

    It wouldn't affect non-Californians directly. It may indirectly help people in Oregon, Washington, and Arizona as health care providers flee to those states, creating more supply.

    Purposefully left out: Nevada. Nobody flees to Nevada except people in the Federal Witness Protection Program.
    There are some increasingly influential voices here who want healthcare to be considered a public utility.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

    “True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

    --John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

  5. #575
    Unfreaking believable what some GOP rep is trying to do with Medicaid in Michigan.

    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b10bf8c60c?fv2

  6. #576
    Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    Unfreaking believable what some GOP rep is trying to do with Medicaid in Michigan.

    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b10bf8c60c?fv2
    that's a little sensational. the provision is based on the county unemployment rate not race like the Article makes it seem. I do think the provision is stupid though.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

    "And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

  7. #577
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    that's a little sensational. the provision is based on the county unemployment rate not race like the Article makes it seem. I do think the provision is stupid though.
    The bill specifically segregates out the employment rates of large cities (mostly black) from the counties where they are located. The example in the article is Wayne County, where Detroit is located. Overall, Wayne County is below the threshold so the unemployed who live outside the county (mostly white) would be absolved of the work requirement, but those in the city of Detroit (mostly black, also in Wayne County) would not be absolved because the unemployment rate in Detroit proper is not below the threshold.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •