I think our program is a top 25 level program. Our conference allows for us to be ranked every year. Our facilities allow for us to be ranked every year. Our coaches pay allows for us to be ranked every year.

As as far as Larry goes, labeling him a homerun hire is very premature. I wouldn’t even say he is guaranteed to be here in two years.

He he should be given time, which he has. He has done some good things, with the two tourney appearances. He’s also done some really dumb things as well.

So far, he has been a “C” grade coach. Very average. Two tournament appearances in 7 seasons is an “F” grade.

But, we should look at the whole picture and grade with a curve. He came into a dumpster fire and turned us around a lot quicker than we thought possible. Getting to the sweet sixteen was an “A” grade.

But, since Poeltl left, he’s been very mediocre with no tournament appearances.

But, he has a great class coming in this fall.

I’d say we should treat him like I said we should treat Whitt. I always said it wasn’t fair to judge Whitt as a HC until he had a full fledged PAC-12 team. Last season was the first time we had PAC-12 depth from top to bottom. Hell, you could even argue we haven’t had that until this upcoming season in football.

Same for Larry. I think enough time has passed that he has recovered from the dumpster fire he inherited and has been able to learn how to recruit.

Now it’s time to be a top 25 program. If he doesn’t make the tournament this next year, his seat should get very warm if not hot. If he doesn’t make the tournament this upcoming year and the next? I don’t see how he is still our coach.

Its time for results. We’ve been more than patient with him.