Thread: Sltrib layoffs

Sltrib layoffs

Not sure if this goes here, so the mods are obviously free to move it or merge it.

It had been announced last week that the trib would be going through another round of layoffs. Robert Gehrke said that an email was sent at 5:30 this morning announcing the layoffs. He also said it would be 34 people being let go. Seems like this is at least the third round of layoffs in the last 4-5 years. Tough business to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Not sure if this goes here, so the mods are obviously free to move it or merge it.

It had been announced last week that the trib would be going through another round of layoffs. Robert Gehrke said that an email was sent at 5:30 this morning announcing the layoffs. He also said it would be 34 people being let go. Seems like this is at least the third round of layoffs in the last 4-5 years. Tough business to be in.
    Brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post

The Utes lost their beat reporter. Lynn Worthy was laid off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post

Jay Drew as well. Crazy times.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

When they demoted Goon and promoted Worthy, I switched who I follow on Twitter. Worthy rarely tweeted at all. I don't think he added much to the Utah sports conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    When they demoted Goon and promoted Worthy, I switched who I follow on Twitter. Worthy rarely tweeted at all. I don't think he added much to the Utah sports conversation.
    This sells Lynn's work well short of what it deserves. He wasn't nearly has Tweet friendly as Goon, but I will never complain about a Utah beet writer that puts out consistently quality content regarding the team I cheer for, knowing that there's the potential of another Lya out there ready to back fill the spot. This is a sad and unfortunate development for us fans. There's simply no other way to spin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    This sells Lynn's work well short of what it deserves. He wasn't nearly has Tweet friendly as Goon, but I will never complain about a Utah beet writer that puts out consistently quality content regarding the team I cheer for, knowing that there's the potential of another Lya out there ready to back fill the spot. This is a sad and unfortunate development for us fans. There's simply no other way to spin it.
    Guessing Chris Kamrani will be the solo Ute writer now.

Guessing Chris Kamrani will be the solo Ute writer now.

It will be interesting. I know that they were sharing the Utes, but I’m not sure the Chris ever wrote much. I hope his output increases significantly now that he’s the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    It will be interesting. I know that they were sharing the Utes, but I’m not sure the Chris ever wrote much. I hope his output increases significantly now that he’s the guy.

He was the ‘backup’ guy I think. While the Trib said both were assigned there I don’t think it was a truly even split.

He’s a good writer.

It’s going to be more interesting given the other layoffs.