Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The official NO. ILL. game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    I found this funny:

“ Utah’s defense, particularly the defensive line, doesn't appear to be as physical as Iowa's at first glance.”

I am sure that Kyle already has that posted on the locker room wall. I kind of feel sorry for NIU if Kyle pulls out the old Joe Glenn game plan.
    Their coach may track this writer down.

Not the greatest first quarter
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

That was disappointing.

What a terrible break. Cause a fumble and the guy gets a first down out of it.

“Hey, I’m stopped, I’ll just throw this ball and hope”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Utah gang tackling is impressive.

Did the announcer really just say “11 or 12 guys near the line”?

No wonder there running the ball so well if they’re using 12 players!

That stadium is empty.

What a shit show
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

We just look flat, in every unit. Only Covey is sharp.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    We just look flat, in every unit. Only Covey is sharp.
    Huntley can’t seem to throw the ball downfield.
    Even on the Hail Mary, with very little to lose, he didn’t pull the trigger.
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

Huntley wasn’t the answer last year. He isn’t the answer this year either.

That was awful. Final score 18-17 Utes in overtime.

Sure giving big cushions on the outside again

Huntley sacked 5 times now.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Covey has to come up and catch that ball. Why he’s waving fair catch and not coming to get it I have no idea.

There’s nothing quite like seeing our offensive linemen standing there, watching Huntley get sacked.

--Yeats

Agasiva is terrible tonight

If the Utes don’t pull it together this could be one of those historic losses we talk about for years.

--Yeats

If that’s a late hit there’s no way 15 from NIU should have gotten away with smacking Huntley while he was standing out of bounds.

I called this. This is on Chris Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    If the Utes don’t pull it together this could be one of those historic losses we talk about for years.
    Just remember what happened after getting shut out by UNLV.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    https://athlonsports.com/college-foo...ion-picks-2018

I’m curious if this guy has watched a single down of Utah Football

He certainly had our offense v their defense right. Not so much the other way, but he was much closer than we were.

Good thing we had those two Utah County boys Hansen and Covey tonight.

--Yeats

I have never seen a QB throw as many passes into the sideline as this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    I called this. This is on Chris Hill.
    Agreed, we should never schedule a game against a powerhouse like this for game 2.

Not sold on Huntley at all. Second game in a row I've listened to Bill and Scott, and the latter has more than enough street cred when analyzing the QB position. Too many times, Huntley's missing open guys, not getting the ball out on time, can't read defenses, etc. I don't think he's improved at all from last year.
    Last edited by SoCalPat; 09-08-2018 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    Not sold on Huntley at all. Second game in a row I've listened to Bill and Scott, and the former has more than enough street cred when analyzing the QB position. Too many times, Huntley's missing open guys, not getting the ball out on time, can't read defenses, etc. I don't think he's improved at all from last year.
    Sadly, I have to agree. I was only able to listen to the 2nd half and I really enjoy Scott Mitchell's analysis and insight.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    Not sold on Huntley at all. Second game in a row I've listened to Bill and Scott, and the latter has more than enough street cred when analyzing the QB position. Too many times, Huntley's missing open guys, not getting the ball out on time, can't read defenses, etc. I don't think he's improved at all from last year.
    Dude threw for 300 yards without a pick. It's not gonna win any awards, but it will win games at Utah.

11 players with receptions tonight.

I'm really mixed on Huntley. He's putting some numbers up there but his decision making is not what it should be for the second year in this offense. Long ago I adopted the philosophy that the only thing that matters defensively is how many points are allowed by your defense. I don't get too caught up in the yards our opponent earns. It seems to me the same thinking applies offensively. Do you put points on the board? Huntley engineered a lot of points last week against a lower level opponent. This week, he didn't get it done. Like SoCal and Uteopia, I listened to the radio broadcast tonight. Mitchell seemed mystified at times that Huntley wasn't seeing certain receivers wide open down field. He also all but blamed Huntley for a few of the sacks saying that he had open receivers to throw to but he held onto the ball too long. There were some timely drops again - none more helpful than the Huskie who dropped one right in his hands. That's the second week in a row Huntley has lucked out throwing a ball that not only should have been intercepted but perhaps returned a long way. He won't get that lucky much longer.