Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Official Utah Utes 2018 Football Season Thread

The fact that a bowl can pick someone with a lesser record is infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Seems our best hope is for committee to pull its head out and put wsu in a ny6 bowl over Florida or Texas.
    Won't happen... we are sun or vegas bound
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

I’d put my money on the Holiday Bowl.

Holiday Bowl against Northwestern

http://www.holidaybowl.com/
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Ute View Post
    I’d put my money on the Holiday Bowl.

Swish!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Won't happen... we are sun or vegas bound
    Airball

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Holiday Bowl against Northwestern

http://www.holidaybowl.com/
    Wow! That’s great.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Haha. Wilner, everyone, thought we’d drop blow the RedBox just because we’re Utah.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

So will Whittingham and Urban share notes on each’s most recent opponents? Or will conference loyalty prevent that?
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

So will Whittingham and Urban share notes on each’s most recent opponents? Or will conference loyalty prevent that?
    I bet they’ll share.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Thanks to LA Ute for organizing the email campaign. I thought it was cheesy and hopeless but maybe it helped. Sometimes we can be too cynical.

--Albert Einstein

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

I wonder if that Whit has taken bowls seriously regardless of where in the pecking order, and Leach doesn’t care about them or know how to coach them. Every year Wasu gets killed in its bowl game. It’s obnoxious.

--Albert Einstein

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Ring Ring:. "H'lo..."
    "Kyle, this is Urban. How's the family?
    Shut up and listen. The deep post was open against Northwestern all damn day long. Just have one of your TEs cross in front of the safety. Maybe hit the TE a few times early on the same play.
    Guaranteed score. We hit it about 5 times yesterday. Jason Shelley absolutely can hit this, just have him practice the deep ball all month.
    No, seriously. No, you aren't going to run the ball up the gut against NW, they are just like your team. Just trust me and do it. You aren't listening.
    Never mind. Can I talk to Troy Taylor? He will understand..."

"Kyle, this is Urban.
    You mean to tell me that UW had the ball for 40 min, crossed the 50 yd line 7 times, got into the Red Zone once, and only scored 3 points on offense?
    This is going to be my easiest bowl win in a decade..."

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    "Kyle, this is Urban.
    You mean to tell me that UW had the ball for 40 min, crossed the 50 yd line 7 times, got into the Red Zone once, and only scored 3 points on offense?
    This is going to be my easiest bowl win in a decade..."
    Have you thought about changing your username for the next month or so?

Everything is booked except the game tickets, should I wait and get them through the University, or get them on my own?

Have you thought about changing your username for the next month or so?
    Northwestnafetu it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    Everything is booked except the game tickets, should I wait and get them through the University, or get them on my own?
    Tickets bought, Sec 28 row 1. $81 Each. They had them as low as $18 on StubHub. I'm sure if I waited till the day before, my same seats will probably be $25. Oh well

Talking

I think I'll be joining you there. Getting excited!
    This year a practice run in San Diego, next year Pasadena and tailgating at LA Utes Bel Air estate

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    This year a practice run in San Diego, next year Pasadena and tailgating at LA Utes Bel Air estate

We will definitely have to organize some kind of get-together.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Thanks to LA Ute for organizing the email campaign. I thought it was cheesy and hopeless but maybe it helped. Sometimes we can be too cynical.
    You’re just jealous because you didn’t think of it.

--Yeats

One thing I would like the Utes to do differently is to insert a TE to the 5 wideout set. Instead of sending an RB out wide, remove the RB, put a WR out wide and a TE in the slot.

Harlan on with Bill today...well worth a listed: https://espn700sports.com/bill-riley...-holiday-bowl/
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Harlan on with Bill today...well worth a listed: https://espn700sports.com/bill-riley...-holiday-bowl/
    Just heard it. Yes, very interesting, especially about how he wants to tweak the PAC-12 bowl deal. The John Pease interview is also very good.

Ahem. I note that Harlan went on and on about how the Holiday Bowl folks gave lots of credit to the e-mails they got from Utah fans. Harlan said those e-mail definitely helped by showing the passion of our fan base. You're all welcome, even SU.

--Yeats

Did I miss an email campaign?
    Evidently, and therefore you get no credit for Utah being in the Holiday Bowl.

--Yeats

Did I miss an email campaign?
    Only people who can afford the premium seats at the remodeled RES were invited to participate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. Great schedule. Everything is lined up for us!

No Stanford? They're scared of us

2019 schedule is out:

8/29 Utah @ BYU
    9/7 NIU @ Utah
    9/14 Idaho St @ Utah
    9/20 (Friday) Utah @ USC
    9/28 WSU @ Utah
    BYE
    10/12 Utah @ OSU
    10/19 ASU @ Utah
    10/26 Cal @ Utah
    11/2 Utah @ UW
    BYE
    11/9 UCLA @ Utah
    11/16 Utah @ Arizona
    11/30 CU @ Utah
    12/6 PAC12 Championship @ Santa Clara, CA
    1/1 Rose Bowl @ Pasadena

fixed it, I'm putting it out there in the universe

…... and we get a bye after UW to recover.

…...
    Play Washington 11/2 and UCLA 11/9? Doesn't look like a BYE week. (Is it supposed to be UCLA on the 16th?)
    Last edited by mUUser; 12-04-2018 at 12:00 PM.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    Play Washington 11/2 and UCLA 11/9? Doesn't look like a BYE week. (Is it supposed to be UCLA on the 16th?)

yes