Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Official Utah Utes 2018 Football Season Thread

Also, Bernard has officially joined the team.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Also, Bernard has officially joined the team.
    Damn. Now what are we going to hand-wring about?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Damn. Now what are we going to hand-wring about?
    QB1...it will always be QB1.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Josh FurlongVerified account @JFurKSL 5m5 minutes agoMore

Whittingham said Matt Gay hit a 62-yard field goal during the scrimmage, and added that he hit two more today. Troy Taylor added that his kick on Saturday easily could have gone for 70.

it's going to be unbelievable when we line up to kick field goals on the other side of midfield

Video

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    QB1...it will always be QB1.
    LOL. I know right?! I can't believe that Huntley still hasn't been able to distance himself from Tuttle!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    LOL. I know right?! I can't believe that Huntley still hasn't been able to distance himself from Tuttle!
    Or Shelley!!! Shelley?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Video

#allgayallday
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Official Utah Utes 2018 Football Season Thread

Wow. ESPN gives the South no respect. They rank the South ninth out of nine divisions reviewed. They don’t even mention Utah.

PAC-12 South
    Teams: Arizona State, Arizona, Colorado, UCLA, USC, Utah
    Average FPI: 6.1

Talk about uncertainty in a division! There is a whole mess of it in the Pac-12 South, with USC as the lone team in the division in the preseason power rankings. Add in that Arizona, Arizona State and UCLA are all dealing with new head coaches and you can see why this division comes in last. The Trojans were the only team in the division to finish with more than seven wins in 2017, and it seems as though it's going to take some time to get those numbers up. Chip Kelly is looking for a new quarterback at UCLA after Josh Rosen's departure and could start true freshman Dorian Thompson-Robinson. Kevin Sumlin and Herm Edwards have their quarterbacks at Arizona and Arizona State, respectively, but both have a lot of work to do with the rosters outside of that position. If USC can find its quarterback after Sam Darnold's departure for the NFL, the Trojans should be in great shape, but the rest of the division has too many questions going forward.
    http://www.espn.com/college-football...-12-hotline-nl
    Last edited by LA Ute; 08-14-2018 at 12:27 PM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Shameful to see what little homework gets done by "the" national sports outlet. Oh well, it's on Utah to make them look like morons.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Wow. ESPN gives the South no respect. They rank the South ninth out of nine divisions reviewed. They don’t even mention Utah.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...-12-hotline-nl
    Guessing there’s some payback for the Pac-12 ignoring ESPN’s little shindig this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt Gay and Mitch Wishnowsky were selected by CBS Sports as Pre-Season All Americans today.

Francis Bernard already making his presence felt among the quarterbacks. I have to admit, pictures from yesterday and today show he’s in a lot better shape than what I was afraid of after seeing him last week in a frumpy sweatshirt.

I am not afraid to admit that makes me a little giddy. T-minus two weeks.

Oh good lord. Zach's custom avatar builder goes to 200.

zach-moss.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Oh good lord. Zach's custom avatar builder goes to 200.

zach-moss.jpg
    Damn! Those are Earl Campbell thighs.
    Dyslexics of the world, untie!