Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Official Utah Utes 2018 Football Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    We'll have a senior returning in Shyne, who is proving to be more than adequate. And a couple of sophomore backs returning with some good experience from this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    Moss is a special talent. However, I think Shyne, Green, Brumfield will be just fine.
    We also get Run DHC back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are #14 in ESPN's FPI. The computers give us a 43% chance on Friday night.
    Last edited by sancho; 11-25-2018 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Love the not so subtle mention of the championship game.

WSU placed #13 by the committee, which means no NY6 bowl for them. The Rose will be the only NY6 for the Pac-12 this season. People were picking Utah for the Alamo Bowl, but that might go to WSU now. We could slide.

WSU placed #13 by the committee, which means no NY6 bowl for them. The Rose will be the only NY6 for the Pac-12 this season. People were picking Utah for the Alamo Bowl, but that might go to WSU now. We could slide.
    From a support standpoint, we are much more likely to have fans attend the Holiday Bowl than the Alamo Bowl. I will definitely attend the Holiday Bowl and not attend the Alamo Bowl.

Watch us end up in Vegas again. The only way off of this treadmill is to win this week and make a great showing in the Rose Bowl, so we can start ahead of the curve next year.

As I understand it, the farthest we could fall would be the Sun Bowl, and that would only be if the Holiday bowl took Oregon. Will they take the Ducks with the possibility that Herbert won't play? That will be the thing to watch.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    From a support standpoint, we are much more likely to have fans attend the Holiday Bowl than the Alamo Bowl. I will definitely attend the Holiday Bowl and not attend the Alamo Bowl.
    same

Rose - definitely
    Holiday - Yes
    Vegas - maybe
    Sun - No
    Alamo - No

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    same

Rose - definitely
    Holiday - Yes
    Vegas - maybe
    Sun - No
    Alamo - No
    Utah getting the Vegas bowl again would, in my mind, be the worst possible outcome for this season. Please no.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    Utah getting the Vegas bowl again would, in my mind, be the worst possible outcome for this season. Please no.
    It's all academic, since we'll be in Pasadena. But Vegas would probably give us another shot at BSU.

San Antonio is as great a destination as any for a bowl game, but it's too far to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by snafu View Post
    What a joke!
    I'd be ticked if I were a WSU fan. They lost two games - one one the most widely known bad call of this NCAA football season and one due to a horrible snowstorm that shut down the Air Raid.

The computers agree with the committee, but I'd still give WSU a NY6 game. The computers have Notre Dame out of the playoff (#7), and nobody seriously considers that. The committee could never say what we all know - Notre Dame isn't that good. But they can dump on Wazzu without any blowback.

If we get Holiday, would it be against Penn State? Or Northwestern? Utah/PSU would be a great game.

I'd like the Alamo as i could go to that
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Everyone I've seen has picked us for the Sun bowl, with Wazzu to the Alamo and Oregon to the Holiday.

Everyone I've seen has picked us for the Sun bowl, with Wazzu to the Alamo and Oregon to the Holiday.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I was ready to go to the Rose Bowl. I won't be going to anything else this year. So I don't mind the Sun Bowl. Holiday would be great because we'd play a good Big10 team. But in the Sun we'll get a pretty good ACC team. Either way, it's a good P5 opponent.

I've seen Holiday and alamo only
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    I've seen Holiday and alamo only
    I saw Sun from Wilner and Bonagura.

I saw Sun from Wilner and Bonagura.
    Sports illustrated
    San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl, San Diego (7 p.m. ET, FS1)
    Big Ten vs. Pac-12
    Prediction: Iowa vs. Utah

Sports illustrated
    San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl, San Diego (7 p.m. ET, FS1)
    Big Ten vs. Pac-12
    Prediction: Iowa vs. Utah
    I now see Fischer and McMurphey with Sun bowl predictions too.

The fact that a bowl can pick someone with a lesser record is infuriating.

Oregon hasn't been to the holiday in a decade, and the ducks are a bigger attendance and tv draw than we are.

Seems our best hope is for committee to pull its head out and put wsu in a ny6 bowl over Florida or Texas.

Seems our best hope is for committee to pull its head out and put wsu in a ny6 bowl over Florida or Texas.
    Won't happen... we are sun or vegas bound

I’d put my money on the Holiday Bowl.

Holiday Bowl against Northwestern

http://www.holidaybowl.com/
    I saw a door that said exit only. So I entered through it and went up to the guy working there and said "I have good news. You have severely underestimated that door over there. By like a hundred percent." Demetri Marti

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Ute View Post
    I’d put my money on the Holiday Bowl.

Swish!
    Won't happen... we are sun or vegas bound
    Airball

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Holiday Bowl against Northwestern

http://www.holidaybowl.com/
    Wow! That’s great.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo