Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brett Kavenaugh Supreme Court Nomination

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    If you keep this up you’re buying lunch next time at an expensive restaurant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did we make a bet, or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Irving Washington View Post
    Did we make a bet, or something?
    No, l’ll simply accept that lunch as your penance.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Hawaiian Senator Hirano expressing her frustration on sexual harassment and assault:

"Guess who is perpetuating all of these kinds of actions? It's the men in this country. And I just want to say to the men in this country: just shut up and step up, do the right thing for a change."

You're all guilty now.

I'm all for the #metoo movement but these kind of statements don't help.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/09/20/pol...www.cnn.com%2F

And then Trump steps in like the idiot he is and claims that if what happened was as bad as she says it was she would have called police.

False and so ignorant of the facts around sexual assault and a harmful statement to all who have been sexually assaulted.

We had a week of our president acting like a president - wasn't that nice?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    And then Trump steps in like the idiot he is and claims that if what happened was as bad as she says it was she would have called police.
    I've heard some "Sure, he was a drunken, spoiled, frat boy at an elitist private school, but we don't know if he attempted to rape her." I just hate that drunken, spoiled, rich, elitist is still a prereq for politics. I don't think those things disqualify him because those things describe almost everyone in public office. But they sure don't make me enthusiastic about him.

Reports are in that both the accuser and Kavanaugh’s wife have received death threats.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Reports are in that both the accuser and Kavanaugh’s wife have received death threats.
    Does this surprise you?

Death threats are common place

You’d be amazed how many death threat reports are made.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post

False and so ignorant of the facts around sexual assault and a harmful statement to all who have been sexually assaulted.

We had a week of our president acting like a president - wasn't that nice?

Gotta love the Onion

The OnionVerified account @TheOnion 2m2 minutes agoMore

Trump Asks Why Kavanaugh Accuser Didn’t Just Immediately Request Hush Money https://trib.al/5p0hVQX

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Does this surprise you?

Death threats are common place

You’d be amazed how many death threat reports are made.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Does this surprise you?
    Of course not. It does dismay me.

--Yeats