Thread: A different breed of Husky: Washington at Utah, 2018

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by USS Utah View Post
    Huntley might get Covey killed.
    I wish they hadn't said this last night - now everyone is going to believe/repeat it. If someone gets Covey killed playing football, it will be Covey. He's small, and he's fearless.

Huntley isn't calling the plays. Pass routes are run. If there's a window, the throw is made. Maybe, if he were better, Huntley could find openings earlier to give WRs more cushion. Part of that is the route running, and part is the play calling. To say Huntley is dangerous to our WRs is a little over the top. Hits happen - they happen a lot against UW.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I wish they hadn't said this last night - now everyone is going to believe/repeat it. If someone gets Covey killed playing football, it will be Covey. He's small, and he's fearless.

Huntley isn't calling the plays. Pass routes are run. If there's a window, the throw is made. Maybe, if he were better, Huntley could find openings earlier to give WRs more cushion. Part of that is the route running, and part is the play calling. To say Huntley is dangerous to our WRs is a little over the top. Hits happen - they happen a lot against UW.
    I think it's called hyperbole for a reason.
    "It'd be nice to please everyone but I thought it would be more interesting to have a point of view." -- Oscar Levant