I have tried to figure out our offensive identity for 16 games now and I still have no clue. I told my wife as we walked to our car after the game that I thought that was the biggest problem. The first interview we hear when arriving at our car was Covey. When asked what he thought the problem was, he said that the offense has no identity. I believe that is the biggest problem facing the offense right now. We as fans don't know what the identity is and it sounds like the players don't either. The lack of identity causes us to flounder. On the second to last possession of the first half, we had 2nd and 2 at mid-field after an 8 yard run on first down. Instead of running the ball, we throw a 10 yard out to the sidelines that is overthrown, leaving us in 3rd and 2. We then take our best option and line him up as far away from the ball as possible and try a QB run up the middle that gets stuffed. Lack of an identity.

There are a lot of failures in execution that hurt this offense. Dropped passes and inconsistency at OL and QB. However, the biggest problem, IMO, is lack of identity, and nothing will get better until the coaches figure out what we want to be.