Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cardinal Sin... Utah at the Stanford "Indians"

Cardinal Sin... Utah at the Stanford "Indians"

Game is on ESPN at 10:30 EST

No line for the game yet as Bryce Love is Questionable.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

My expectations are low. That way I can only be pleasantly surprised.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Don't sell yourself short. If Utah plays great and leads for most of the game, and screws up at the end, you will not be pleasantly surprised and you will not be indifferent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    No line for the game yet as Bryce Love is Questionable.
    I'd rather have Arcega-Whiteside questionable. That guy is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Don't sell yourself short. If Utah plays great and leads for most of the game, and screws up at the end, you will not be pleasantly surprised and you will not be indifferent.
    Depends. If I remain in curmudgeon mode even when things are looking bright, I still will not be surprised when things fall apart. Then again, that's not a very fun way to watch a game, so I probably won't do that and you're probably right.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

I was nervous about the WSU game. I'm less so about Stanford. They play into our strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    They play into our strengths.
    This is true, but they play into our strengths really well and with a ton of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    I was nervous about the WSU game. I'm less so about Stanford. They play into our strengths.
    I go into every game no knowing what to expect.

PTSD symptoms are divided into four separate clusters, including:

• Re-experiencing. Re-experiencing, or reliving, the traumatic event includes these symptoms: ...
    • Avoidance. Actively avoiding people, places, or situations that remind you of the traumatic event includes these symptoms: ...
    • Hyperarousal. ...
    • Negative thoughts and beliefs.

Sounds like Ute Fan PTSD, except for the hyperarousal part.

--Yeats

I go into every game no knowing what to expect.

Sounds like Ute Fan PTSD, except for the hyperarousal part.
    I don't know. I've seen some hyperarousal on subjects other than Ute football lately. Does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by Irving Washington View Post
    I don't know. I've seen some hyperarousal on subjects other than Ute football lately. Does that count?
    Carrying the flag of truth, justice and the American way among a mob of liberal Philistines is not hyperarousal, it's heroism.

--Yeats

Carrying the flag of truth, justice and the American way among a mob of liberal Philistines is not hyperarousal, it's heroism.
    That got a literal LOL from me!

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    That got a literal LOL from me!
    A chuckle and a smile.

Bryce Love will not play.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Bryce Love will not play.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    That is great for us.

Lo Falemaka will not play.

Umama at center, Ford at left guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Lo Falemaka will not play.

Umama at center, Ford at left guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ugh, when Lo went down last game, our running game was less effective. Hopefully the replacements got some good practice this week.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Not even Fumblin' Joe fumbled as much as Covey. Every time he touches the ball, I feel like it's 50/50 that he fumbles.

That was awesome. No one is catching him in the 100 meters.

Defensive score!
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

All 22 players on the field, all 1,000 Utah fans in attendance, all the Utah fans watching at home, both of Stanford's fans, and the tree knew that play was a fade to Arcega-Whiteside.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Not even Fumblin' Joe fumbled as much as Covey. Every time he touches the ball, I feel like it's 50/50 that he fumbles.
    Take that back!

--Yeats

Take that back!
    I love him, just like I always loved fumblin' Joe.

I really liked seeing that Stanford player check on our receiver after the pseudo targeting call.

Wow! Execution on that FG drive! Excellent execution!

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    I really liked seeing that Stanford player check on our receiver after the pseudo targeting call.

Yeah me too, but I liked us turning 25 seconds into a field goal even more. Did not see that coming.

I love him, just like I always loved fumblin' Joe.
    But it wasn’t a fumble. That’s all I’m tweaking you about.

--Yeats

Yeah me too, but I liked us turning 25 seconds into a field goal even more. Did not see that coming.
    It’s great to see them do it. It was important for the team to see that they can.

--Yeats

I couldn’t figure out why we called two really Ning plays, but then called time outs after each. Ni didn’t expect us to do that. Thankfully, the PI call helped us out.

Covey taking ball security very seriously. Going down early, or covering with both arms as he’s being tackled.