Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He called you a Wildcat before. I didn't even pick up on it. Utah v Ariz

He called you a Wildcat before. I didn't even pick up on it. Utah v Ariz

Jack: I'll be damned. You go to the University of Arizona?
    Annie: Yeah, so?
    Jack: Good football team.
    Annie: Yeah? I guess so, I wouldn't know.
    Jack: Arizona Wildcats.
    Annie: Right...
    Jack: He can see you.
    Annie: What?
    Jack: He can see you. Just keep looking straight ahead.
    Jack: [Jack looks around; finds the camera] He called you a Wildcat before. I didn't even pick up on it. Bastard's got a camera right in your face. He can see the whole bus. He's been playing me from minute one.

Friday Night ESPN 10pm EST
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Classic.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Classic.
    Remember when Dennis Hopper was a referee in Nike ads?

Utah -13.5 50.5 O/U

Hopefully Sumlin Doesnt have an epiphany along the likes of "oh right I have an amazing athlete at qb. maybe I should have him run ball. yeah... that just might work"
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Anyone with thoughts on the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Honestly, I haven't seen Arizona play this season. I don't know what to expect. They were horrible early but got better. I don't know who I'm supposed to worry about. I guess I haven't done my homework yet.

If we don’t hurt ourselves with dumb penalties, turnovers, etc., I think we win comfortably. I expect a big night from the running game. The runners will get most of the credit, but the O-line will be the real reason.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Arizona sucks, but they had someone who was a Heisman front runner to start the season and they have some shifty guys on offense. If we contain Tate from running wild, I think we will be fine

So we run the football and that opens up the pass? Crazy how that works

That was a gorgeous throw and catch!

That was the best pass Huntley has ever dreamed of throwing. 21-0; so far, so good.

I want to beat them in basketball this same way

That INT is as much on Moss as Huntley.

Moss can’t just stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey espn, how about we get to see the game

Crazy lady hair cut looks like she should be in spinal tap. Like she is the patron saint of quality footwear

Crazy lady hair cut looks like she should be in spinal tap. Like she is the patron saint of quality footwear
    Well spinal tap is far less fictional than that story she told espn.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    Well spinal tap is far less fictional than that story she told espn.

Atleast she mentioned bubbles

I swear I saw Joe Glenn on the Arizona side line during that fake punt.

That wasn't called

Nope. That’s Mitch reading the play like he always does

I went straight to Cougarboard after that fake punt and it was delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post

Of course.

And then their stones hit their glass houses and they all bled out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post

I think KCCougar must have experienced some traumatic event at the hands of a Utah fan as a child. No one has more righteous indignation against the U than that guy.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    I think KCCougar must have experienced some traumatic event at the hands of a Utah fan as a child. No one has more righteous indignation against the U than that guy.
    He's a Utah alum. Go figure.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    He's a Utah alum. Go figure.
    Ok, maybe it’s driven by some deep-seeded self loathing then.

In the post game press conference Tyler Huntley was asked whether he liked quarterback or receiver better.

He replied saying “Definitely quarterback and that isn’t even a question”

The associated press has taken that quote and changed it to “I’m definitely quarterback and that isn’t even a question” and said “In post game interviews Tyler Huntley made sure everyone knew there was no quarterback controversy with Covey” followed by their new quote.

🤦🏻

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    In the post game press conference Tyler Huntley was asked whether he liked quarterback or receiver better.

He replied saying “Definitely quarterback and that isn’t even a question”

The associated press has taken that quote and changed it to “I’m definitely quarterback and that isn’t even a question” and said “In post game interviews Tyler Huntley made sure everyone knew there was no quarterback controversy with Covey” followed by their new quote.

🤦🏻

Good grief. Covey's pass was not that great. How does any media member believe a flea flicker would result in a QB controversy? Our local media can't get any more ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    Good grief. Covey's pass was not that great. How does any media member believe a flea flicker would result in a QB controversy? Our local media can't get any more ridiculous.

That the weird thing, the question had nothing to with a quarterback change.

They asked Huntley which position he liked better since he caught a TD too. He laughed and gave the QB quote.

Why the associated press writer twisted it I have no idea. Local media hasn’t done that, just the AP (which of course espn uses)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    I've been told by someone who knows him that he has some very challenging problems to deal with at home. I guess the least of which is that they are a family of 10.

Because of that, maybe Cougarboard is an outlet for him, and maybe he deserves some leeway. But I agree with you that he is over the top with his hatred.
    Last edited by Scorcho; 10-13-2018 at 11:18 AM.