Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 78 of 78

Thread: The Trojans: History's most gullible losers.. Utah vs USC thread

  1. #61
    Senior Member Scorcho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    1,205
    [QUOTE=Dwight Schr-Ute;116095]Just a kid checking out his ex girlfriend’s Instagram.



    Anyone else think that's a weird look for this kid? If we caught Covey at a BYU game I'd be like WTF?

  2. #62
    Administrator U-Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    5,232
    Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Twitter just told me that our 541 yards is the most ever for Utah in the Pac-12. Back to back to back 40 point games.
    3 in a row.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #63
    [QUOTE=Scorcho;116115]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post

    Anyone else think that's a weird look for this kid? If we caught Covey at a BYU game I'd be like WTF?
    I don't. The kid has grown up a Utah fanatic in SLC. I imagine if I played for the second best school in the state (and had never been offered by Utah) I might show up to watch the Utes wearing USU gear.

  4. #64
    Maxs Tupai has been a revelation over the past 2-3 games. The guy was all over the field last night. I had sort of written him off as a bust, but he has been excellent.

    While Mika Tafua has disappeared. I didn't even notice him the past few weeks. Has he been hurt?

  5. #65
    Administrator U-Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    5,232
    Was it Tupai that nearly killed Fink? That was brutal and an amazing play by a DT at the sideline.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #66
    [QUOTE=Scorcho;116115]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Just a kid checking out his ex girlfriend’s Instagram.



    Anyone else think that's a weird look for this kid? If we caught Covey at a BYU game I'd be like WTF?
    I think we’d be surprised by the number of players that attend different games. Apparently we had several players at the BYU v Hawaii game last Saturday to support friends.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Was it Tupai that nearly killed Fink? That was brutal and an amazing play by a DT at the sideline.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It was.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Maxs Tupai has been a revelation over the past 2-3 games. The guy was all over the field last night. I had sort of written him off as a bust, but he has been excellent.

    While Mika Tafua has disappeared. I didn't even notice him the past few weeks. Has he been hurt?
    Tafua was out the past two games. He made a couple of big plays last night.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #69
    Ouch. It looks like Tupai gave Fink three extra yards and three broken ribs.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Ouch. It looks like Tupai gave Fink three extra yards and three broken ribs.
    I think that mean Jack Sears will start this week?

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I think that mean Jack Sears will start this week?
    He’s getting the starters reps. A lot will depend on the concussion protocol for Daniels.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #72
    Administrator U-Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    5,232
    Brady Poppinga understands bro. He understands.


  13. #73
    I rewatched the first three quarters of the game during my lunch break (thanks Pac-12 football in 60). I was amazed by our tackling all game long. For example, Maxs Tupai is the only defender on a sweep AND he's trying t fight off a block. He forces the runner inside, which in and of itself is amazing but then he reacts to the cut and tackles the guy for a loss. Also, Javelin Guidry all alone in the flat fights off Pittman's spin move and makes an ankle tackle. Lots of other examples. These are two yard gains which easily could have gone for 20+. Props to the D.

  14. #74
    Administrator U-Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    5,232
    It's like beating them twice in the same game.


  15. #75
    Sam the Sheepdog LA Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    16,595
    Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    It's like beating them twice in the same game.


    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

    “True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

    --John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    It's like beating them twice in the same game.

    With notes about Jack Spears being the likely starter on Saturday, we might get to beat them again when they drop their game against ASU.

    I look forward to a similar situation this weekend when we beat the Bruins on the field and then when Jayden Daniels announces his commitment to the Utes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #77
    Administrator U-Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    5,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    With notes about Jack Spears being the likely starter on Saturday, we might get to beat them again when they drop their game against ASU.

    I look forward to a similar situation this weekend when we beat the Bruins on the field and then when Jayden Daniels announces his commitment to the Utes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    via GIPHY


  18. #78
    Administrator U-Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    5,232
    Max Browne breaks it downe.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •