Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Trojans: History's most gullible losers.. Utah vs USC thread

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    It's crazy to think that our path to the south title will require wins over UCLA, ASU, and CU on the road and Oregon at home. I'm feeling good with how we've been playing, but the schedule is just so tough.
    Yeah, I think USC still has a 80% chance of winning the south just because of how unbalanced the schedules are.

But USC can't claim to be the best team in the south!

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    We have a history of falling flat on our face when favored in a big game. It has me concerned.
    How would you like your crow prepared?
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Delighted to eat it prepared any way

What’s nice is that the Utes control their own destiny, and it’s doable. How satisfying would it be to beat every team in the south and then in the title game avenge many past abuses from Chris Peterson. Tonight is the first time in a long time I’ve actually felt like we’re good. This feels like the last half of 2007.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

What’s nice is that the Utes control their own destiny, and it’s doable. How satisfying would it be to beat every team in the south and then in the title game avenge many past abuses from Chris Peterson. Tonight is the first time in a long time I’ve actually felt like we’re good. This feels like the last half of 2007.
    Yeah with the appearance of a real offense the last three games, there is a chance that we are legitimtally good.

I think this schedule (Oregon at home, and road games against an improved UCLA, a decent ASU, and a pretty good Colorado team vs. USC with 4 bye weeks) is to much to overcome.

Plus, we have been really blessed on the injury front.

My Utes fan PTSD is in remission. I loved the confidence and aggressiveness the team played with on both offense and defense. It was beautiful to watch them take the game to USC. Huntley seems so comfortable now, and suddenly seems to have a bunch of weapons in his receiving corps — guys we haven’t seen much of this season. His long passes were excellent and that lightning strike he threw to Simpkins for the TD was a thing of beauty.

We could all go on and on. I’ll just say that tomorrow’s my birthday and tonight I got two early presents — first, a Ute beatdown of USC and second, my favorite National League team getting into the World Series against my favorite American League team. A pretty good night.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    My Utes fan PTSD is in remission. I loved the confidence and aggressiveness the team played with on both offense and defense. It was beautiful to watch them take the game to USC. Huntley seems so comfortable now, and suddenly seems to have a bunch of weapons in his receiving corps — guys we haven’t seen much of this season. His long passes were excellent and that lightning strike he threw to Simpkins for the TD was a thing of beauty.

We could all go on and on. I’ll just say that tomorrow’s my birthday and tonight I got two early presents — first, a Ute beatdown of USC and second, my favorite National League team getting into the World Series against my favorite American League team. A pretty good night.
    Sometimes it takes a while, LA. That was SoCal’s and my point about Brian Johnson the other day. These kids are still growing up.
    Last edited by SeattleUte; 10-20-2018 at 10:43 PM.

--Albert Einstein

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Dear LaUte,

I hope you enjoyed the birthday present I gave you.

Sincerely,

You spelled Mike Leach wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Plus, we have been really blessed on the injury front.
    Well, that’s always what a special season requires. God bless us on the injury front!

--Albert Einstein

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    You spelled Mike Leach wrong.

He can’t beat CP. The Huskies win by about 50 every time they play.

--Albert Einstein

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Happy Birthday LA. Are you in town next week? Let's get to Hire's and I'll buy for an old man. We'll celebrate you and this offense that has developed now for three weeks in a row. I'll give you a ring.

Any chance we make it into any of the polls tomorrow? I hated to do it, but I had to chew I to my Duck coworker for failing to free up one of those high twenties spots.

The Trojans: History's most gullible losers.. Utah vs USC thread

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Dear LaUte,

I hope you enjoyed the birthday present I gave you.

Sincerely,

Actually, it’s because it’s my birthday that both the Utes and the Dodgers won tonight. You are all welcome.
    Last edited by LA Ute; 10-20-2018 at 10:54 PM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by Utebiquitous View Post
    Happy Birthday LA. Are you in town next week? Let's get to Hire's and I'll buy for an old man. We'll celebrate you and this offense that has developed now for three weeks in a row. I'll give you a ring.
    It’s a deal.

--Yeats

This is a fun blog post to read:

Reactions From Utah’s 41-28 Victory Over USC

http://goutahutes.com/reactions-from...tory-over-usc/

--Yeats

This is a fun blog post to read:

Reactions From Utah’s 41-28 Victory Over USC

http://goutahutes.com/reactions-from...tory-over-usc/
    Fans get too high when things are going well, and too low when they aren’t. 12 games is a long season. A lot will happen over the next 4 games. This game did not “likely determine the PAC-12 South title”.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    This game did not “likely determine the PAC-12 South title”.
    Agree. I hope we win out, but that's asking a lot. I watched about half of the UW/CU game today. The Buffs looked pretty good on the road. Oregon has looked very good every time I've seen them this season.

Just a kid checking out his ex girlfriend’s Instagram.

Just a kid checking out his ex girlfriend’s Instagram.
    I don't know what I'm looking at here.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I don't know what I'm looking at here.
    BYU’s starting QB Zach Wilson at the Utah game.

BYU’s starting QB Zach Wilson at the Utah game.

Was he on a recruiting visit? :wink:

I don’t get the “but we wear black” punchline.

--Yeats

There was some guy in the south end zone dressed head to toe in BYU gear. Don’t understand people.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    There was some guy in the south end zone dressed head to toe in BYU gear. Don’t understand people.

Was it this guy?

https://twitter.com/BlueBrethren/sta...57692773625856

View image on Twitter

Zach Wilson scouting the Utes tonight at Rice Eccles. Notice the subtle BYU gear.
    9:57 PM - Oct 20, 2018

Was it this guy?

View image on Twitter

Zach Wilson scouting the Utes tonight at Rice Eccles. Notice the subtle BYU gear.
    I’m just glad that he’s already found him the traditional BYU QB Utah game turnover chain.

The funny thing is, when Tufele returned the fumble for the TD, I thought history was repeating itself. I immediately thought of Kaelin Klay dropping the TD a foot short of the goal line that enabled Oregon to go up `14-0, in almost exactly the same place that Tufele scored. I thought "OMG, here we go again." I thought it might be over by halftime.

Was it this guy?

View image on Twitter

Nope. This was a Polynesian dude who was literally head to toe in the ugly blue...with a Y on everything. His hat. His coat. His t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post

Saw a guy in a UCLA Jersey. That was a head scratcher.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.