Thread: 2018-19 basketball season

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Ma'ake View Post
    Good take. With our 2 bigs out, it wasn't the most informative NWTRU, but we've got so many new guys they're trying still trying to figure out the basics. Jones standing next to Barefield - he's a stretch to be listed as 6-0, but he's built like a strong safety. He'll have to adjust to D1 length and athleticism. Hendrix is a very athletic wing at 6-5, but he knocked down a bunch of 3s. Defensively he could be a real difference maker.

Novak looks seasoned, like you'd expect a grad transfer from Europe to look.

Both clearly has great upside, as much as they had him running the point. Timmy Allen just knows how to play basketball. Just a freshman, he reminds me of a thicker, less experienced version of Will Clyburn.

Popoola looked understated, but watching him in warmups, he was knocking down 3s, his shot looks fine.

A lot of raw talent, the 3 seniors on the poster are PVD, Barefield and Novak. Yeah, we're really, *REALLY* young, but we'll see how it comes together.
    I'm in on Gach scratch fever!
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    I'm in on Gach scratch fever!
    The last time I was slamming the brakes hard on untested incoming freshman hype was with Poeltl. So maybe Gach has a bright future ahead of him.