Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2018-19 basketball season

Damn! Is this conference going to be a one bid league?

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I think ASU gets an at large based on their win over Kansas. Whoever wins the conference tournament will get the conference's other spot. Two teams, and that's it. The only way a third team gets in is if somebody wins 14+ conference games, which seems incredible.
    One bid would be exponentially more embarrassing that missing the football playoff and a 1-8 bowl season.

I think ASU gets an at large based on their win over Kansas. Whoever wins the conference tournament will get the conference's other spot. Two teams, and that's it. The only way a third team gets in is if somebody wins 14+ conference games, which seems incredible.
    Utah on pace for 18-0...
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Nevada going down hard in the pit. I like the thought of Eric Muss freaking out about it.
    Wow. Lobos beat the spread by 41 pts. Go Lobos! What a huge win for that team.

New Mexico may also be getting the services of vante Hendrix.

Oregon St wins at Oregon. Tres Tinkle, not only best name in the league, might be the best player.

Utah's top three wins on the season so far:

@ASU (68 - Q1)
    vs. Tulsa (76 - Q3 - one spot from being a Q2 win)
    vs. Grand Canyon (117 - Q3)

Another opportunity for a Q2 win at home vs. UW, the league's highest ranked team at 53).

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Larry had a few interesting tidbits on his coaches show last night...

-Lahat has not been cleared to practice yet. He is, as noted here, out of the boot. But right now he is just doing cardio exercises at the facility (I guess they have equipment that can take pressure off of his foot during workouts). Larry said itll likely be a redshirt this year. He also said Lahat has the ability to block and alter shots without fouling. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a big role next year, if healthy.

-Both injured his ankle last monday and wasn't able to practice at all last week but gutted out some minutes.

-Charles Jones role could increase but he has been a great presence for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Larry had a few interesting tidbits on his coaches show last night...

-Lahat has not been cleared to practice yet. He is, as noted here, out of the boot. But right now he is just doing cardio exercises at the facility (I guess they have equipment that can take pressure off of his foot during workouts). Larry said itll likely be a redshirt this year. He also said Lahat has the ability to block and alter shots without fouling. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a big role next year, if healthy.

-Both injured his ankle last monday and wasn't able to practice at all last week but gutted out some minutes.

-Charles Jones role could increase but he has been a great presence for the team.
    Any discussion about why this is the worst defensive team in a Utah jersey in Larry's tenure?

You're probably being more facetious than anything but I heard Larry address this a little. He was complimentary of Allen's defense - remarked that he'd been given defensive player of the game for both Arizona games and, I think, commented on the lack of physicality Gach and Battin have in respect to the collegiate game particularly on defense. That was really it.

I don't give this team - particularly the coaches - a pass on poor defense. Certainly youth and inexperience play a factor but priority and coaching by the time league play begins can overcome those elements for a lot of teams.

Conversely, Larry commented about the offense - calling this team pretty strong. He mentioned that if you take turnovers out of the equation the Utes are averaging 1.5 points a possession. The coaches are using that number with the players to demonstrate just how good they can be offensively if they take better care of the ball.

Larry made it official last night, announcing that Pop has left the team but that he will always be a ute and that Pop handled it well.
    Popoola just signed with Salt Lake Community College

https://twitter.com/SLCCbasketball/s...555453952?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    Popoola just signed with Salt Lake Community College

https://twitter.com/SLCCbasketball/s...555453952?s=19
    Good for him. Im hoping he gets the playing time he is looking for.

Good for him. Im hoping he gets the playing time he is looking for.
    There you go again, just siding with the coach's narrative!

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    There you go again, just siding with the coach's narrative!
    Being a shill pays the bills.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

So..I assume Bradon Roy is calling the game tonight?
    No that's when we go to Seattle
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

We have 2 freshman playing the pivotal r role at the top of the key. Both Allen and batten are turning it over.
    Coco crisp is on fire
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    We have 2 freshman playing the pivotal r role at the top of the key. Both Allen and batten are turning it over.
    Coco crisp is on fire
    That good feeling after the AZ trip is fading.

When we switched to chuck jones on crisp d got a lot better

Yikes pvd that was off by 6 feet

Double foul on a drive how is that possible

Cringe worthy game

Live by the three, die by the three

UW's Crisp is hot again tonight, 4 of 4 from 3 and UW leads the Buffs by 13 in the first half

Headband Jayce is the best Jayce.

I saw PVD dunk live. No one can ever take that away from us.
    Years from now only a few of us will back able to say we saw it live. We happy few. We band of brothers.

CU at home odds go up if McKinley Wright who killed Utes last year is out—he did not play this weekend with shoulder injury.

They are also thin up front so if Jayce can get them in foul trouble—never mind.

Utes in review: Three freshman totaled 40 points vs. Washington State. How will their growth frame this season?
    Timmy Allen, Both Gach and Riley Battin will have a lot to say about how the program is judged.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-u...-review-three/

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

His parents fled civil war in South Sudan. Now Utah’s Both Gach wants to be a role model for a growing wave of South Sudanese hoopers.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-u...ts-fled-civil/

--Yeats

Alright
    We have Colorado at home the at the the nocal schools afterward. 3 winnable games.

Then we have
    Oregon schools
    @ socal
    Zona schools
    @ Washington schools
    @ Colorado
    Socal schools

I see wins at Colorado and at wazzu
    After that I'm not sure

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Alright
    We have Colorado at home the at the the nocal schools afterward. 3 winnable games.

Then we have
    Oregon schools
    @ socal
    Zona schools
    @ Washington schools
    @ Colorado
    Socal schools

I see wins at Colorado and at wazzu
    After that I'm not sure

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    @Cal is a possibility. WSU just did it pretty easily.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.