Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The final step in California Domination: Utah vs. UCLA 2018

The final step in California Domination: Utah vs. UCLA 2018

Post away! I hope the Utes carry their momentum into the Rose Bowl. No trap game, please!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

A good friend who is a UCLA fan is selling his tickets to the game. (I can't use them.) They're excellent, Rose Bowl west side, Aisle 20, row 22. About the 35 yard line. $45 per ticket, plus $30 for preferred parking. If you're interested let me know and I'll connect you with him.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    A good friend who is a UCLA fan is selling his tickets to the game. (I can't use them.) They're excellent, Rose Bowl west side, Aisle 20, row 22. About the 35 yard line. $45 per ticket, plus $30 for preferred parking. If you're interested let me know and I'll connect you with him.
    I should grab them. We’re headed to town Thursday night to take the kids to Knott’s Berry Farm on Friday for Nevada Day. The park closes at 6:00. Could shoot over to Pasadena for most of the game while most of them stay in the car until the blow out is big enough to cut out early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait 'till tomorrow!

Game day!!!!!!!!!!!

Your worry of the day (sponsored by Geico): Are the bRuins going to be the first team that solves the bunch formation? We've used this formation with great success since the Stanford game, but you have to think that eventually some one will figure out the best way to defend this formation. Here's to hoping it's not ChiP!

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Game day!!!!!!!!!!!

Your worry of the day (sponsored by Geico): Are the bRuins going to be the first team that solves the bunch formation? We've used this formation with great success since the Stanford game, but you have to think that eventually some one will figure out the best way to defend this formation. Here's to hoping it's not ChiP!
    You can't solve it, it is the perfect formation.

Word on the street is hansen is out due to back problems... anyone hear anything?
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

UCLA playing like they actually think they can win.

What a drive. Ran the ball great, overcame a bogus holding penalty, converted a third and long, and finished with a trick play.

But can we run Moss up the gut instead of fade routes inside the 10. Pretty please?

Our D was bailed out by a lot of UCLA drops in the first half.

That Dixon catch, tho. And what a great decision by Covey. A TD drive to open the half is just what we needed.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    That Dixon catch, tho. And what a great decision by Covey. A TD drive to open the half is just what we needed.
    Agreed, some great heady plays in that drive.

Blair!!!! Why does he continue to do that crap. Why why why???

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    His targeting against UW was a dumb call on a good play. This was a good call on a dumb play. Dude was sliding.

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    I love the way Blair lights people up, but that was a dumb move.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    You can't really have one without the other, though. All hard hitters will occasionally pick up a targeting.

Looks like the sleeping giant inside the Utes has awoken. 4 straight blowout games with over 40 points. :willy:
    Last edited by LA Ute; 10-26-2018 at 11:58 PM.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    I imagine some of it is not controllable.

We’ve done a ton of research in law enforcement regarding how the brain and the body communicate.

It takes longer than people think for your brain to recognize something has changed, then send the message to your body to stop what you were doing.

I’d be curious to see the same kind of studies done on defenders....can they truly stop what they intend to do when a guy slides etc. and if so how quickly. It would be pretty interesting.

How the LA Times saw it. (Mainly blasting UCLA.)

http://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/l...026-story.html

--Yeats

How the LA Times saw it. (Mainly blasting UCLA.)

http://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/l...026-story.html
    Utah #JustARegularTeam

What's the story on Chase? Is he hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    What's the story on Chase? Is he hurt?
    I don't think so..not unless I missed something. He played the whole game.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    I don't think so..not unless I missed something. He played the whole game.
    Well he did sit towards the end when the game was well in hand.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Our last 3 opponents have been able to pass on us. So far, that hasn’t hurt us in the final score (far from it) but I’m sure the coaching staff is worried about it.

--Yeats

By the way, on the UCLA pick off Huntley, anybody else think the UCLA DB blatantly held the Utah receiver? I was in an airport and couldn’t hear the TV commentary.

--Yeats

We got a mediocre game from the QB position and still won by 31. Against a league opponent. On the road when we were favored by 10.5 points. This team just might be immune to previous November implosions.

By the way, on the UCLA pick off Huntley, anybody else think the UCLA DB blatantly held the Utah receiver? I was in an airport and couldn’t hear the TV commentary.
    Yes, the TV guys both agreed with you.

Our last 3 opponents have been able to pass on us.
    Yeah, and UCLA had some big drops, including a sure TD.

In today's college football, there are so many teams that are just going to pass on you no matter who you are or how well you defend. I don't even know if Alabama could hold WSU to under 300 passing yards. It seems like the job of the defense nowadays is to minimize the damage, and we've certainly been doing that.