Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking into the Cristobal - Utah vs. Oregon 2018

Looking into the Cristobal - Utah vs. Oregon 2018

Despite what Twitter might tell you, the Utes have three more games left this season, and are still very much alive in the South race.

I don't have any reason to believe that this team is going to just lay down. I don't think any one on our defense feels that way, and Zach Moss is a guy who runs with a purpose, typically just falling forward for 3-4 yards. I think we're about to get a glimpse into what kind of OC we really have, having to prepare for a different QB's strengths, etc., and we will get to see Shelly playing with a week to prepare as the starter.

As I look into my Cristobal (see what I did there?) I foresee a Utes victory!
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Utes still favored in this one. That gives me some hope, but after what Herbert did to UCLA on Saturday and what Wilkins did to Utah, I'm not optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Utes still favored in this one. That gives me some hope, but after what Herbert did to UCLA on Saturday and what Wilkins did to Utah, I'm not optimistic.
    I thought ASU's oline killed our pass rush. We never put any pressure on Wilkens or disrupted his rhythm. He picked us apart. Oregon's o line supposedly is a lot worse, which might make all the difference. Hopefully, anyway.
    Last edited by concerned; 11-05-2018 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    I thought ASU's oline killed our pass rush. We never put any pressure on Wilkens or disrupted his rhythm. He picked us apart.
    Good point. What was up with that? Was our d-line exposed, or was something else going on?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Oregon announced today that their star LB Kaulana Apelu is out for the season with a lower leg injury.

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    I thought ASU's oline killed our pass rush. We never put any pressure on Wilkens or disrupted his rhythm. He picked us apart. Oregon's o line supposedly is a lot worse, which might make all the difference. Hopefully, anyway.
    We put pressure on him once that I saw. Tha play about a minute before the half. Third and six, we nearly sacked him and he zipped through the middle 16 yards to our 42. That was the ballgame.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Oregon's O line has been spotty this year, and their starting Center is out. That will help things a bit.

But this is a team that beat the Huskies in Seattle. Very dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    Oregon's O line has been spotty this year, and their starting Center is out. That will help things a bit.

But this is a team that beat the Huskies in Seattle. Very dangerous.
    This team is very similar to ASU. Some bad loses but plenty of athleticism, a good QB and a good receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    This is the worst thing I've ever seen. My confidence level for the game just plummeted.

Wow, not a fan of this motif.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Wow, not a fan of this motif.
    Better than last year's hands helmets but that's a very low bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Better than last year's hands helmets but that's a very low bar.
    This is the one designed by the players right?

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

The player who designed it should sit out the first half on Sat. This is more dangerous than targeting.

If we were playing Stanford, we could try to win a 13-10 slugfest. With Oregon, though, I think we will need Shelley to score. I figure Oregon has 11 defenders focused on stopping Zach Moss. We will need Shelley to complete most of his 5-10 yard passes and a handful of 10-20 yard passes. I figure our defense will give up yards in the air; at this point, I think that's who we are. We need the run defense to return to form though.
    I don't know...I kind of dig 'em!

I think Shelley will rise to the occasion, and TT will design plays to get the ball out quickly and let the playmakers make plays. Perhaps we'll even see more of TJ Green.

The player who designed it should sit out the first half on Sat. This is more dangerous than targeting.

If we were playing Stanford, we could try to win a 13-10 slugfest. With Oregon, though, I think we will need Shelley to score. I figure Oregon has 11 defenders focused on stopping Zach Moss. We will need Shelley to complete most of his 5-10 yard passes and a handful of 10-20 yard passes. I figure our defense will give up yards in the air; at this point, I think that's who we are. We need the run defense to return to form though.
    I'm going to start a rumor that Jack Tuttle designed it

We have the drum n' feather and the U logo, no need to venture outside of those designs

rumor on twitter is that Zach Moss has hurt his knee

Moss out for Saturday and maybe the season.

Utah running back Zack Moss injured his knee in practice Wednesday and will miss Saturday’s game vs. Oregon and likely the rest of the season, The Salt Lake Tribune has learned.
    https://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-u...ing-back-zack/

Excuse me while I go cry now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will likely see TJ Greene and Devin Brumfield at RB. Good thing we have excellent depth at RB.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    I don't know...I kind of dig 'em!.
    I like them too.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Moss out for Saturday and maybe the season.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-u...ing-back-zack/

Excuse me while I go cry now.

Whoever hurt his knee should lose their scholarship.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    We will likely see TJ Greene and Devin Brumfield at RB. Good thing we have excellent depth at RB.
    And Shyne.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

They said on the PAC-12 network before the game that Moss hurt his knee climbing into bed. Apparently a pre-existing condition that could have happened at any time? Any docs here who could provide insight on what that might be?

We need to figure out how to pressure Herbert. With enough time he picks us apart.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Fricking taylor... run the damn ball!!!!
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Pac12 refs are bad
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

I guess. Most of our runs this game have gone for nothing. But Shyne has busted a couple. We ran it at least once on each of our 3 and outs in the 3rd.
    We ran the ball 3 times total in 3rd quarter

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    We ran the ball 3 times total in 3rd quarter
    Another drive where had we run on 2nd and 6 we'd still be going

Herbert’s escapes on 3rd downs are making me grow older faster.

--Yeats

How about a 12 minute td drive?

Just a 3 man rush...it's like we had no line at all.
    I guess Scalley and Whitt think we need to focus on coverage more than on pressure.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    And Shyne.
    Bump.

Ok oregon now beat asu next week