Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Run Ralphie Run! Utah vs. Colorado 2018

I thought this during last weeks game, but I wanted to see a little more of Shelley before making a comment. I think Shelley is a more natural QB than Huntley. I base this mostly on his presence in the pocket. He stands there and does not get antsy feet.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Shelley may be better at the long ball and then Huntley? That was a beaut.
    The coaches have always said Shelley throws a better deep ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the way our offense wears down the opposing team. We are consistently better in the second half than in the first.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

What a great 2nd half. Go Ducks!

I didn’t realize that on the punt were we were called for interfering with the kick/catch, there were snowballs thrown at the players that nvolved. ESPN showed them in zoomed slo-mo, and then and obsessed over them.
    I saw a door that said exit only. So I entered through it and went up to the guy working there and said "I have good news. You have severely underestimated that door over there. By like a hundred percent." Demetri Marti

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    I didn’t realize that on the punt were we were called for interfering with the kick/catch, there were snowballs thrown at the players that nvolved. ESPN showed them in zoomed slo-mo, and then and obsessed over them.
    Before the game they reported this was only the 8th snow game at Folsom Field since the 1940s. Whether that is true or not I don't care*, but throwing snowballs during a Utah snow game was a deeply-held religious tradition dating back as far as I can remember.

And that certainly was better than the piss bombs thrown by Wyoming fans in Laramie, though those tended to be aimed at opposing fans more than at the players.

( *It seems odd because there have been a number of snow games for the Broncos. I recall a game in the 80s where a potential game-winning field goal was affected when the holder got smacked with a snowball and couldn't place the ball. Maybe Jeremy Bloom doesn't know anything about snow or CU football? -- j/k JB is one of my all-time favorite non-Ute athletes, both for football and for skiing)
    Last edited by NorthwestUteFan; 11-18-2018 at 02:09 PM.

This actually makes me feel a little better about destroying them.

UC Boulder's toolkit included a ready-made letter people could send to schools with "harmful" or "offensive" Native American-themed mascots.

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=11537

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

This actually makes me feel a little better about destroying them.

UC Boulder's toolkit included a ready-made letter people could send to schools with "harmful" or "offensive" Native American-themed mascots.

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=11537
    We can tell Colorado to cheer like crazy for the Utah Utes this week, since Brigham Young was the Ute tribes' Columbus.

They might understand that nuance.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    We can tell Colorado to cheer like crazy for the Utah Utes this week, since Brigham Young was the Ute tribes' Columbus.

They might understand that nuance.
    I saw what you did there.

--Yeats

I saw what you did there.
    I have to think the CU admin would see it as well.