Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let’s make it eight straight: Utah vs. BYU, 2018

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    So SeattleUte, I’d love to hear how the Wilson’s are approaching this game, if you wouldn’t mind sharing some insider views with us? Do they see that any move Utah failed to make was strictly a business decision or do they see it as a personal slight and have turned their back on the whole program. I know Zach and some of them attended one of the Utah games earlier this year.

Zach seems like a solid kid and I hate it when legacy kids have to find a home some place for their college years (or even when a highly recruited legacy kid goes somewhere else). I just hope that when that happens, both parties recognize it for what it is and treats it with respect and sensitivity.

I don’t think it’s going to be a good day to be a BYU quarterback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a policy against public posting about Zach. But this seems innocuous enough, as it’s not strictly about Zach. They see it as a business decision. They know how it works, and they’re not angry people. They still love the Utes and cheer for them when they’re not playing against Zach. Zach’s dad played for Whit when he was defensive coordinator and he took Zach to all of Whit’s camps. Their next son is one of the best linebackers in the state, and I’m sure he’d entertain an offer from Utah. Besides, this has worked out well for Zach. Remember, he had offers from Syracuse and Cal, so he had strong reasons to go to BYU that admittedly coincided with reasons he wanted Utah most (it wasn’t about religion). BYU wasn’t a last resort or panic pick.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

Be kind to all, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

--Philo

Byu loses 2 more rbs and line goes from -13 to -11
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Byu loses 2 more rbs and line goes from -13 to -11
    10.5 now
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Apparently Shyne is out tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Apparently Shyne is out tonight.

Ha. Fake concussion.
    One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike -- and yet it is the most precious thing we have.

--Albert Einstein

The fact that life evolved out of nearly nothing, some 10 billion years after the universe evolved out of literally nothing, is a fact so staggering that I would be mad to attempt words to do it justice.

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Ha. Fake concussion.
    To go along with ByU’s Fake announced scratches for injuries. Gamesmanship on both sides?
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Spot them 6 points. Ok let's run the football

Well, that’s one way to start the rivalry game that we haven’t tried for awhile.

Ran the ball 3 times in the first quarter

Pretty embarrassing so far. No other way to describe it.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Let’s make it eight straight: Utah vs. BYU, 2018

That’s twice we’ve gone long on 3rd and 4. Why not just get the first down?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quick observations:

I love this team. I can't think of a Utah team that has combined pluck and talent the way this one has.

In the past there would have been no hope for a Utah team to come back from 3 scores down. Troy Taylor's offense works. Scalley's defense does too. After a stunningly poor performance in the first half I was resigned to a nightmarish, humiliating loss, but these guys turned things around in a spectacular manner.

Early on, after the ASU loss, I said there was no reason to believe Kyleball would ever change. I hoped there would be but I was not optimistic. Now there is plenty or reason to believe things would change, because they have.

It really wasn't that cold in the stadium as long as you had the right clothing on.

Eight straight feels really good.

That was fun.

Good night.

Good night.
    Last edited by LA Ute; 11-25-2018 at 12:46 AM.

--Yeats

Boy kaufusi is dumb to play in this game. He could screw up a pro career

Nightmare.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Nightmare.
    Haha. This is LAUTE.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY

Seriously, if I were ever in a fox hole with this guy, I’d just run away. Get away from him. Even sprint across the battlefield strafed by machine gun fire.

--Albert Einstein

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

Let’s make it eight straight: Utah vs. BYU, 2018

Seriously, if I were ever in a fox hole with this guy, I’d just run away. Get away from him. Even sprint across the battlefield strafed by machine gun fire.
    Take a deep breath, raise your eyes over the edge of your foxhole, and look at the rest of the posts in this thread. It looked horrible at the end of the first half. No one here was mad about it. The fans in the stadium (including me) just sat there stunned. It was simply the worst half of football these Utes have played, by far, since I don’t know when. It was an unfolding nightmare. I was deliriously happy when the Utes made a turnaround for the ages and the vast talent differential between the two teams manifested itself. I’m really proud of these Utes. As I said, I love this team. They’ve shown themselves to be gamers.

Zach Wilson is amazing and will be a problem for Utah for the next few years. His elusiveness was driving me crazy. Your Zach fanhood is 100% justified. But this isn’t war, it’s just football, and we’re all just fans of the U. No one here is depending on anyone else to save his life. Chill, be happy, and enjoy a great Utah win against our arch rival — who came ready to play, and did play with great heart.
    Last edited by LA Ute; 11-25-2018 at 05:17 AM.

--Yeats

I wish some Ute fans would learn that you can’t give up on this team (not specific to any poster here).

Six times this year, we have started out behind at the end of the first quarter, and come back to win (including 14-0 to USC).

We lost our first two PAC-12 games, and fought back to finish 6-3.

We lost an alomost must-win game at ASU for the South division title, and lost our starting QB and RB, and the. Won our last two games to put ourselves in position to win the south.

So many fans seem to want to throw in the towel, fire someone or everyone,

Observant fans this season should have still had some faith when we were down 20-0 at half, or 27-7 at the end of the 3rd quarter. I admit, my faith was tested in the third when our all-everything punter shanked a punt, and then our defense let BYU score a touchdown. But as long as there is time left, don’t turn off the tv on this team. They have fight in them.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    But as long as there is time left, don’t turn off the tv on this team. They have fight in them.
    They proved that last night, in a way that far exceeded any prior comeback they’d made. This game became one for the ages.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Take a deep breath, raise your eyes over the edge of your foxhole, and look at the rest of the posts in this thread. It looked horrible at the end of the first half. No one here was mad about it. The fans in the stadium (including me) just sat there stunned. It was simply the worst half of football these Utes have played, by far, since I don’t know when. It was an unfolding nightmare. I was deliriously happy when the Utes made a turnaround for the ages and the vast talent differential between the two teams manifested itself. I’m really proud of these Utes. As I said, I love this team. They’ve shown themselves to be gamers.

Zach Wilson is amazing and will be a problem for Utah for the next few years. His elusiveness was driving me crazy. Your Zach fanhood is 100% justified. But this isn’t war, it’s just football, and we’re all just fans of the U. No one here is depending on anyone else to save his life. Chill, be happy, and enjoy a great Utah win against our arch rival — who came ready to play, and did play with great heart.
    I love you, you know that. I love AJ too.

You have been a Ute fan long enough that you should know enough to stick with Kyle through thick and thin. He’s a special coach and a perfect fit for Utah.

--Albert Einstein

--Richard Dawkins

--Philo

You have been a Ute fan long enough that you should know enough to stick with Kyle through thick and thin. He’s a special coach and a perfect fit for Utah.
    I’ve always thought that about Kyle. I simply began despairing that he’d ever be able to get over the hump. I hoped that he would but I didn’t know. Now my despair is dissipating because of what he’s done this year.

--Yeats

Shelly has been short on his deep passes

What on earth is happening? How are we getting knocked around by BYU? Our offense has been pathetic, and our defense looks completely stretched out. Anyone have any bright ideas about adjustments the Utes might make in the second half? This game is starting to remind me of the ASU game, and THAT makes me hot under the collar.

Quote Originally Posted by AnestheUte View Post
    What on earth is happening? How are we getting knocked around by BYU? Our offense has been pathetic, and our defense looks completely stretched out. Anyone have any bright ideas about adjustments the Utes might make in the second half? This game is starting to remind me of the ASU game, and THAT makes me hot under the collar.
    The ASU game was supposed to be our ??? game for the season. Looks like we’re going for two this year. This one is shaping up to be a special kind of embarrassing.

--Yeats

We'll see the Utes mettle in this second half. At the very least we need to make this uncomfortable for BYU. Place the seeds of doubt in their mind.

In all reality, we should have had 2 INT's in that first half (that I think would have ended TD drives if I'm remembering right). We need to complete those big plays, and not just break it up. AND that holding play on our first play out of that BYU timeout after we got some momentum was just back-breaking. A TD on that drive would have changed the outlook of that half.

Thank you Blackmon!

Washington is going to destroy us, and we're going to play in the Las Vegas bowl (and get our asses kicked there too)

Kyle should be embarrassed by this. Shyne has no vision shelly has all day to throw but can't find anyone. Now we have to throw because we don't stick with the run. Just a complete shit show. Our d coordinator doesn't blitz a freshman qb. Basic stuff

Perfect storm for byu

Utah is looking past them (this is why this game should never.. i mean never played in November again)

Our o coordinator decides to wait till the 3rd quarter to run the football

Our d Coordinator hasnt realized that he should blitz a freshman

We get a stupid turnover to start the game

This is their superbowl and we came out flat

Great job Utes! Keep the momentum on our side.