Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game for the roses. Utah v Washington in Santa Clara

Game for the roses. Utah v Washington in Santa Clara

Hopefully we come out on fire
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Gotta stop Gaskin. Browning threw a few panic passes against us when we pressured him, including the pick that should have been returned for 7. I think this game is really that simple: pressure Browning and contain Gaskin.
    And find someway to score.

Line opens UW -3, quickly bet up to -5.5. Total of only 43 (!?!?!?!)

How much do you think our shorter week comes into play?
    In Vegas making this line? Not much, if anything. I think a little too much is being given to UW for how it beat Wazzu. Sagarin has this as a 2.5-point game on a neutral field.

Received my ticket assignment - Section C136, Row 25.

Game Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For karma or justice or whatever, I would like to see a key Husky defender thrown out early in the game for a highly questionable targeting call.
    Why must it always be a defender? Myles Gaskin should be watched closely for targeting; really closely.

One thing's for certain - we don't have to read the annual "Is this Utah's biggest game as a member of the Pac-12?" article anymore.

Hit Browning + stop Gaskin + break out game for Green + TEs reappear = I'm going to Pasadena for New Years!
    Browning has shown that he's willing to make a dumb throw just to not have to throw it away. We need to force him into that early and often. Need to tackle better then we did a week ago...Gaskin is slippery!
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Browning has shown that he's willing to make a dumb throw just to not have to throw it away. We need to force him into that early and often. Need to tackle better then we did a week ago...Gaskin is slippery!
    All the Huskie supporters are saying that some offensive lineman who was injured the last time we played has been a difference maker since he came back. Any truth to this rumor?

We have not been a fast starting team all season. We need to stay within two scores going into halftime.

if we're within two scores at the half, I like our chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    All the Huskie supporters are saying that some offensive lineman who was injured the last time we played has been a difference maker since he came back. Any truth to this rumor?
    I know they had a guy go out and the person who replaced him was playing well, and he didn't get back into the line up until the person who replaced him got hurt (if we're talking about the same person).
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

I think a Ute win here will be the biggest in program history, and the Rose Bowl will be the biggest game. I understand that reasonable people may disagree. They’d be wrong, of course. 😉

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I think a Ute win here will be the biggest in program history, and the Rose Bowl will be the biggest game. I understand that reasonable people may disagree. They’d be wrong, of course. 
    agreed.

However, just checked the front page of KSL.com and FOX13.com and nada.

KOMO.com has an article about the PAC-12 Championship, as does KIRO.com out of Seattle.

Game for the roses. Utah v Washington in Santa Clara

Sugar Bowl is the correct answer, but this certainly wins for our Pac-12 history.
    It’s debatable. We got to the Sugar Bowl by computer selection in the BCS era. We got to this game purely by winning football games in a P5 conference. I.e., we did it in the field of play. To me that makes this game bigger, and our getting to this game bigger. If not bigger it’s at least a uniquely superb accomplishment.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    It’s debatable. We got to the Sugar Bowl by computer selection in the BCS era. We got to this game purely by winning football games in a P5 conference. I.e., we did it in the field of play. To me that makes this game bigger, and our getting to this game bigger. If not bigger it’s at least a uniquely superb accomplishment.
    Strange argument. "Computer selection" got us to the Sugar Bowl, but winning football games landed us in the Pac-12 championship? Weren't winning football games the way that "computer selection" happened? I'm not sure what we are arguing about.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Strange argument. "Computer selection" got us to the Sugar Bowl, but winning football games landed us in the Pac-12 championship? Weren't winning football games the way that "computer selection" happened? I'm not sure what we are arguing about.
    This is just fan talk so no biggie. I'm terribly proud of that Sugar Bowl team and that championship. That was the greatest single on-field performance by any Utah team, ever. I'm at least as proud of this year's team (and the coaching staff) because they won a championship on the field by beating the other teams in their league. They had scoreboard, in other words. There's no question about who is the South champion. It's Utah. That will also be true if they win tonight. They'll be PAC-12 champions, no questions asked. To me that is a big deal.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Scorcho View Post
    agreed.

However, just checked the front page of KSL.com and FOX13.com and nada.

KOMO.com has an article about the PAC-12 Championship, as does KIRO.com out of Seattle.

I think you’re being a little unfair to KSL. They totally have a story about today’s game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't spell "champions" without the A and H in UTAH.
    It’s a good thing we’re playing my Grandfather’s favorite team: Wershington.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    I think you’re being a little unfair to KSL. They totally have a story about today’s game.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    It’s a good thing we’re playing my Grandfather’s favorite team: Wershington.

Or my grandfather's favorite team and Alma mater, Worshingdon.

“To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

it takes taylor 2 quarters before he realizes he can run the football with our hb
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

I get wanting to get covey the ball but can we just try running conventionally on 1st and 2nd?

We need keep them from getting chunk plays like that. I love how the TV guys give Browning credit for the gain when most of the yards resulted from Blackmon badly blowing the tackle after the catch.

--Yeats

10 rushes for gaskin. 1 for our hbs

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    10 rushes for gaskin. 1 for our hbs
    What happened to pounding the ball?

--Yeats

As usual we are giving up the short passes but not the long stuff.

--Yeats

And another 3 and out where our hbs dont touch the ball

It's like our previous meeting where taylor forgot he had a rb

Almost half and our hbs have 1 rush attempt