Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Game for the roses. Utah v Washington in Santa Clara

Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    Our receivers really let us down tonight. Not the first time. We really needed both moss and huntley running tinight.
    Flip the injuries:
    Take away Browning & Gaskin

and add Huntley & Moss & Utah would probably dominate just like Washington did tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Taking a sack in FG range is brutal.
    So is not taking a timeout when you have two left.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    This loss is solely on troy taylor.
    UW is the No. 1 defense in the PAC. I think I will give them some credit.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    I am still proud of this team. Tonight the two offenses tied 3-3. A flukey pick-6 was the difference. They made it to this game without 2 players who represented 86% of the Utah offense. They did not quit, ever. We still have a decent bowl game ahead of us -- or at least they deserve one. It's reasonable to believe that next season could be just as good as this one. So this loss is far from devastating, IMO, and we can look forward to good things.
    I’m bullish on the Utes. 2 steps forward this year. Win bowl game. Get back to Championship game. Great showing by fans. We have some great fans. We also have some total idiots. One guy, who could barely stand, decided to stand all game despite there being an 80 year old lady right behind him. She and her husband were gracious.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    UW is the No. 1 defense in the PAC. I think I will give them some credit.
    No... his game plan was garbage. With 3 minutes left in the first half the rbs had one fing carry. He pulled the same shit the first time we played washington. On the drives where were actually moved the ball a little it's because we ran our rbs on first down.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    No... his game plan was garbage. With 3 minutes left in the first half the rbs had one fing carry. He pulled the same shit the first time we played washington. On the drives where were actually moved the ball a little it's because we ran our rbs on first down.
    His game plan was a complete joke. One thing stays the same, Utah can’t find an average OC.

This is loss is 100% on Troy Taylor. He runs a Mickey Mouse offense that doesn’t work vs big time football.

Chris Petersen is a complete joke. What the hell is being with his playcalling? Our offense had the ball for 40 minutes and only managed to score 3 points? And wtf can't we get a good kicker? I can't believe we had to get completely lucky on a lucky bounce pick-6. I'll miss Gaskin, but don't let the door hit your ass on the way out Jake Browning. We're going to get smoked by Ohio State, and it won't be pretty. I thank Lord Xenu that football is almost over so we can get back to sucking at shooty hoops.

Am I doing this right?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    Chris Petersen is a complete joke. What the hell is being with his playcalling? Our offense had the ball for 40 minutes and only managed to score 3 points? And wtf can't we get a good kicker? I can't believe we had to get completely lucky on a lucky bounce pick-6. I'll miss Gaskin, but don't let the door hit your ass on the way out Jake Browning. We're going to get smoked by Ohio State, and it won't be pretty. I thank Lord Xenu that football is almost over so we can get back to sucking at shooty hoops.

Am I doing this right?
    Petersen didnt kick fgs when he should have. The fact that utah was in the game is directly due to his decisions. He was giving the game to utah. Utah never crossed the 30 yard line of washington.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Look at the box score our actual running backs ran only 13 times. Washington's rbs ran 32 times. Is it any wonder why they won the time of possession? If you look at the drive charts we only moved the ball when we ran with our running backs on first down.

I'll stipulate that the OC called a bad game last night, but we were in the game last night. I don't mean we were competitive and only lost by a TD. I mean, we were in the championship game. Utah won their division and everything, and not despite the OC. Utah scored 40+ four weeks in a row, and then found a way to win three games after losing their starting QB and RB to injury.

The OC called some stinkers early and then last night, but he did enough to earn some credit. He should be back next year, and we should be happy about that.
    "It'd be nice to please everyone but I thought it would be more interesting to have a point of view." -- Oscar Levant

Game for the roses. Utah v Washington in Santa Clara

I tried to listen to Kyle‘s post-game interview but didn’t catch it all. Did anyone ask him about the reluctance to run?

They pretty much stuffed us every time we tried to run, and I think their DL abused our OL in the first half. But the way I’ve always heard it, you have to keep trying to run in order to keep the other team honest, and to wear them down. It seems to me that all season long we’ve generally run the ball better in the second half for that reason. Anyone else have any insight?
    Last edited by LA Ute; 12-01-2018 at 01:38 PM.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

I tried to listen to Kyle‘s post-game interview but didn’t catch it all. Did anyone ask him about the reluctance to run?

They pretty much stuffed us every time we tried to run, and I think their DL abused our OL in the first half. But the way I’ve always heard it, you have to keep trying to run in order to keep the other team honest, and to wear them down. It seems to me that all season long we’ve generally run the ball better in the second half for that reason. Anyone else have any insight?
    We stuffed uw on the run too but they kept at it. That's the difference

We didn't stuff them in the same way they stuffed us. They regularly had 3rd and short because of their runs. Did we stop them on any of their many 3rd/4th and shorts? It's easy to stick with it when you get 3-6 yards on 1st down. When we get 0 yards on 1st down, it's a lot harder to stick with it. We had 1 good run in the entire first half, right?
    It seemed like we had a very difficult time stopping Gaskin in the first half, but did better in the second. Not sure why. It was maddening to watch him squirt through the line time after time. But you’re right, they were much more successful at running than we were,at least in terms of grinding out yardage and time of possession. I still believe that Washington abused our offensive line for most of the first half, and much of the second.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

We didn't stuff them in the same way they stuffed us. They regularly had 3rd and short because of their runs. Did we stop them on any of their many 3rd/4th and shorts? It's easy to stick with it when you get 3-6 yards on 1st down. When we get 0 yards on 1st down, it's a lot harder to stick with it. We had 1 good run in the entire first half, right?
    We did not run our running backs in the football in the first half.

series
    1. Inc pass, run by covey 4 yrds scramble by shelly 3 yrds

2. Run by covey 16 yrds, run by shyne 2 yrds inc pass, scramble by shelly

3. Shelly run for -4 yards, pass to covey 6yrds pass to simpkins 1 yrd

4.inc pass, sack, pass to brumfield 6 yrds

5.shyne 6 yrds, shelly 2 yrds, pass to fotheringham 11yrds, shyne for 4. Pass to fotheringham 13 yrds, shelly 1 yrd, shyne 3yrds, shelly sack

Half time
    Last edited by Mormon Red Death; 12-01-2018 at 03:38 PM.

This was linked on UF. net. I am not at all familiar with the Washington fan base, but this is definitely not a good look for them.

--Yeats

This was linked on UF. net. I am not at all familiar with the Washington fan base, but this is definitely not a good look for them.

The CougarBoard of Husky nation. They need to find girlfriends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    The CougarBoard of Husky nation. They need to find girlfriends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Or more weed so they can stay off the meth.

WTF was that ref looking at?

IMG_5555.JPG