Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 64

Thread: 2020 Football Recruiting

  1. #1

    2020 Football Recruiting

    It will be interesting to see if winning the south produces a recruiting surge for 2020.

  2. #2


    First commit for 2020 is in the books. Speedy wide receiver out of Texas.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post


    First commit for 2020 is in the books. Speedy wide receiver out of Texas.
    Don't we have another 2020 WR out of Florida committed already as well?
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

    Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Don't we have another 2020 WR out of Florida committed already as well?
    I just went to 247's Utah page and it looks like we're both wrong. No WR from Florida but we do have Mason Falslev from Smithfield. Pretty much the Florida of Northern Utah.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    I just went to 247's Utah page and it looks like we're both wrong. No WR from Florida but we do have Mason Falslev from Smithfield. Pretty much the Florida of Northern Utah.
    hes a basketball commit.

  6. #6
    I think you're referring to Khalil Brantley, who is a 2021 commit.

  7. #7
    If I'm a subscriber, do these sites actually start providing accurate information?

    Recruiting 247.jpg

    Recruiting Rivals.JPG
    Last edited by Dwight Schr-Ute; 11-27-2018 at 11:11 AM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    If I'm a subscriber, do these sites actually start providing accurate information?

    Recruiting 247.jpg

    Recruiting Rivals.JPG
    IS Mason related to JD? The guy most famous for his taunted weep after losing at Rice Eccles?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    IS Mason related to JD? The guy most famous for his taunted weep after losing at Rice Eccles?
    You need to pay closer attention to my work.

    Falslev.jpg

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    IS Mason related to JD? The guy most famous for his taunted weep after losing at Rice Eccles?

    We all have our favorite memories. Mine is when the kick-off bounced of his face mask in the 54-10 game.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    You need to pay closer attention to my work.

    Falslev.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    We all have our favorite memories. Mine is when the kick-off bounced of his face mask in the 54-10 game.
    Yes, heart-warming, both.

  12. #12
    Sam the Sheepdog LA Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    17,768
    Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    We all have our favorite memories. Mine is when the kick-off bounced of his face mask in the 54-10 game.
    That one will always be etched in my memory, in a place of honor.

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

    “True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

    --John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

  13. #13
    My favorite is the "F@#$ YOU!!" to the Ute fan after 2012. But apparently, JD is really excited for his cousin to go to Utah, blood is thicker than water, unless youre kai nacua.

  14. #14
    Sam the Sheepdog LA Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    17,768
    I have been pretty busy, so unable to follow the Rising signing very closely. Now that I am reading up on it, I have to say it’s pretty impressive. Taylor and Tuttle leave; there is some angst about that; Ludwig and Rising join, and suddenly we see how resilient the program can be and the level it has reached. Of course we can’t predict how will Rising or Ludwig will do, but after the setbacks, we did not go slinking off to the corner, just trying to make do with what was left. We appear to have emerged better off than we were before. Well done, Mr. Whittingham.

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

    “True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

    --John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

  15. #15
    Sam the Sheepdog LA Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    17,768
    Also, it looks like we are a destination program now.

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

    “True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

    --John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Also, it looks like we are a destination program now.
    I'm alarmed that a signing of a transfer proves this to you.

  17. #17
    Sam the Sheepdog LA Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    17,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    I'm alarmed that a signing of a transfer proves this to you.
    I should have attributed that idea to Bill Riley, who said it on the air about Rising. Send him a note expressing your alarm.

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

    “True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

    --John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

  18. #18
    Sam the Sheepdog LA Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    17,768
    Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Don't do this to yourself. When you realize that we are still Utah, you're going to blame Whitt again.
    Let me live in my dream world for just a little while longer.

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

    “True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

    --John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Let me live in my dream world for just a little while longer.
    Isnt that the BYU way? Dreamworld and national championships in February, reality in September?
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

  20. #20
    Sam the Sheepdog LA Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    17,768

    2020 Football Recruiting

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Isnt that the BYU way? Dreamworld and national championships in February, reality in September?
    This is a tough room. Is it OK with you guys if I say something sincerely positive about the program and about Whittingham?

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

    “True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

    --John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    This is a tough room. Is it OK with you guys if I say something sincerely positive about the program and about Whittingham?
    Sure, just don’t go too far. Cautiously optimistic is what Ute fans have been conditioned for.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    This is a tough room. Is it OK with you guys if I say something sincerely positive about the program and about Whittingham?
    You must be new to this whole Utah fan thing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #23
    JC WR Justin Ross commits to Utah. 6'0 188 from Oakland, CA. I can't see that he's got any other offers.

    http://www.dvcvikings.com/sports/fba...ss_justin_cx5t
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

    Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    JC WR Justin Ross commits to Utah. 6'0 188 from Oakland, CA. I can't see that he's got any other offers.

    http://www.dvcvikings.com/sports/fba...ss_justin_cx5t
    He's a PWO who should be joining the team this fall. Was a full qualifier out of HS, so he doesn't have to finish up a JuCu degree.

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    He's a PWO who should be joining the team this fall. Was a full qualifier out of HS, so he doesn't have to finish up a JuCu degree.
    Interesting. His commitment stuff on Twitter says he's a 2020 guy. Also, I'm pretty sure in one of his photos he's with Gaskin from the basketball team, so there is no doubt a connection there.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

    Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

  26. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Interesting. His commitment stuff on Twitter says he's a 2020 guy. Also, I'm pretty sure in one of his photos he's with Gaskin from the basketball team, so there is no doubt a connection there.
    Same HS as Gaskin. Maybe he isn't coming until 2020, but I thought it was 2019.

  27. #27
    A few 2020 commits rolling in the last week.

    A CB


    A QB


    And a safety



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  28. #28
    Time to dust off this thread for a moment.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  29. #29
    Speaking of class of 2020, in Kyle’s presser yesterday, he mentioned that they’re looking for three more spots on offense and six or seven on defense. So I guess we’re down to five or six on defense after today’s commit. That seems pretty crazy considering we only have seven commitments.

    So three on offense:
    I’m not super sold on Marsh, but it seems we have our QB for the class, so I’m guessing we’re looking for a RB, a OL (definitely working hard for Alex Harrison), and maybe another TE since we didn’t sign any last year.

    So who are the missionaries that will be coming home? I’ve got Hunter Lotulelei (OG), Tennessee Pututau (OLB), Jaren Kump (OT), and Jonny Fanaika (DE). Looking at 2017, there’s Aliki Vimahi (DE) and Taniela Pututau (WR) that signed but haven’t shown up on the roster yet. Do they show up next year? How many Pututaus are allowed on the roster at any given time?

    There’s also LaColby Tucker (Bam’s JC o-line teammate) who signed last year but never made it. I’ve seen some optimism that he’s expected to be there next year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  30. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Speaking of class of 2020, in Kyle’s presser yesterday, he mentioned that they’re looking for three more spots on offense and six or seven on defense. So I guess we’re down to five or six on defense after today’s commit. That seems pretty crazy considering we only have seven commitments.

    So three on offense:
    I’m not super sold on Marsh, but it seems we have our QB for the class, so I’m guessing we’re looking for a RB, a OL (definitely working hard for Alex Harrison), and maybe another TE since we didn’t sign any last year.

    So who are the missionaries that will be coming home? I’ve got Hunter Lotulelei (OG), Tennessee Pututau (OLB), Jaren Kump (OT), and Jonny Fanaika (DE). Looking at 2017, there’s Aliki Vimahi (DE) and Taniela Pututau (WR) that signed but haven’t shown up on the roster yet. Do they show up next year? How many Pututaus are allowed on the roster at any given time?

    There’s also LaColby Tucker (Bam’s JC o-line teammate) who signed last year but never made it. I’ve seen some optimism that he’s expected to be there next year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would not be surprised if Marsh "reopened" his recruiting in December. What happened to the 6'8" receiver who played with Daniels and was supposed to go to Snow? I don't think he is still on the radar, is he?

    I also would not be surprised if we took a grad transfer qb if the oppty arose.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •