Thread: Holiday Bowl 2018: Utah Utes vs. Northwestern Wildcats

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    When I lived in New Orleans, I went to the Sugar Bowl every year. In the years that Utah did not play in the Sugar, I just showed up 10 minutes after kick off and bought $10 tickets from scalpers. That was fun. I wish I lived in a bowl city now - I'd go every year.
    We met a few locals on the train in Santa Clara that did this for the PAC-12 Championship game. They said they can't afford tickets to the NFL games or the National Championship game in Levi Stadium, so they go to events like this where they can get cheap tickets.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Chris Hill retires and the Utes end up in the Championship Game and the Holiday Bowl?

Coincidence?

via GIPHY

/sarcasm

Huntley is hoping for clearance to play in the bowl game, and has stated he will start if he is cleared.

Chase Hansen is questionable to play due to injuries.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Chase Hansen is questionable to play due to injuries.
    That is not good. Are these just nagging injuries, or something new?

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    That is not good. Are these just nagging injuries, or something new?
    From a DesNews article:

ABOUT CHASE: All-America linebacker Chase Hansen is “a little beat up” according to Whittingham. The coach said “we hope so” when asked if Hansen is on target to play against Northwestern.
    “It remains to be seen,” Whittingham explained.
    However, Whittingham said that no players, to his knowledge, plan to miss the bowl game for NFL Draft reasons.
    “Nobody has approached me about that and so as of now the answer would be no,” he continued.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    From a DesNews article:

ABOUT CHASE: All-America linebacker Chase Hansen is “a little beat up” according to Whittingham. The coach said “we hope so” when asked if Hansen is on target to play against Northwestern.
    “It remains to be seen,” Whittingham explained.
    However, Whittingham said that no players, to his knowledge, plan to miss the bowl game for NFL Draft reasons.
    “Nobody has approached me about that and so as of now the answer would be no,” he continued.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Chase Hansen is apparently out.

Word is he suffered a dislocated hip in the championship game.

One tough kid.