Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Utah Utes 2019 Football Season Thread

Utah's offensive line getting better thanks to stellar defensive line

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...sive-line.html

The most interesting bit of the article was this though:

One player who could become a starter is Bamidele Olaseni, a 6-foot-7, 330-pound JC transfer from Garden City (Kansas), who is expected to arrive on campus Wednesday after completing some academic work. Both Whittingham and Harding have indicated it's not a sure thing he'll be ready by Wednesday, but once he does come in, Olaseni could quickly get on the field for the Utes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Utes Equipment teased with this year's throwback to the '66 and '67 seasons that will be worn for the UCLA game in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Utes Equipment teased with this year's throwback to the '66 and '67 seasons that will be worn for the UCLA game in November.

Looks like there's no black! Two color is really the way to go for us.

Red/white with one black/white per year. It's so easy and obvious.

I saw an athlon uniform ranking a couple weeks ago that put us at 9th in the Pac-12. And it was right. Just drop to two colors, and we immediately jump to 5th or 6th.

I remember those uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Looks like there's no black! Two color is really the way to go for us.

Red/white with one black/white per year. It's so easy and obvious.

I saw an athlon uniform ranking a couple weeks ago that put us at 9th in the Pac-12. And it was right. Just drop to two colors, and we immediately jump to 5th or 6th.
    That helmet is silver, possibly the pants too. So there is your 3rd color. We'll be mistaken for Thetm Ohio St
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    That helmet is silver, possibly the pants too. So there is your 3rd color. We'll be mistaken for Thetm Ohio St
    Bummer. So simple but they just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Here’s a picture of the originals. The Ohio State didn’t wear a silver helmet until 1969, so we did it first.

I love all the new and retro uniform combinations. Super fun for the fans and players.

Here’s a picture of the originals. The Ohio State didn’t wear a silver helmet until 1969, so we did it first.

Those are sweet.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Can you imagine how great the NCAA Football video game would be now with all these uniform combos?
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Mufi Hunt, a high four star recruit from Brighton (I think), has announced he is transferring from Michigan State to the U. He's walking on.

The Eastern Time Zone Curse strikes again for Utah high school football.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Mufi Hunt, a high four star recruit from Brighton (I think), has announced he is transferring from Michigan State to the U. He's walking on.

The Eastern Time Zone Curse strikes again for Utah high school football.
    Another big boy. I hope he adds to our embarrassment of riches on the DL. He can play immediately this season.

https://247sports.com/college/utah/A...tah-134474448/

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Another big boy. I hope he adds to our embarrassment of riches on the DL. He can play immediately this season.

https://247sports.com/college/utah/A...tah-134474448/
    Yeah, but I'm not sure he'll play; his career has been one injury after another.

First Miami steals "The U" and now Ohio State steals our uniforms.

When will these hangers on stop trying to steal our stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    First Miami steals "The U" and now Ohio State steals our uniforms.

When will these hangers on stop trying to steal our stuff?
    :applause:

More football talk, please! You can even talk about not scheduling the Y anymore, firing Whittingham, Manny Bowen's can't miss business opportunity, etc. I need some football talk!

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    More football talk, please! You can even talk about not scheduling the Y anymore, firing Whittingham, Manny Bowen's can't miss business opportunity, etc. I need some football talk!
    Less than two weeks away from Game #1
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Less than two weeks away from Game #1
    DnF gets it!!!

first game greatness:

https://youtu.be/1FmYl7i2xJ0

A couple of walk-ons were given scholarships the last two days.

(Zach Moss and his cast are front and center for this video!)

And another one today.

Not sure where's a good place to talk about this, but football season starts next week. The preseason AP poll came out today and had Utah ranked #14 team in the country. Seems like we could have a pretty talented squad put together this year. Other teams of interest in the poll: Oregon #11, Washington #13, Washington State #23, and Stanford #25.

Not sure where's a good place to talk about this, but football season starts next week. The preseason AP poll came out today and had Utah ranked #14 team in the country. Seems like we could have a pretty talented squad put together this year. Other teams of interest in the poll: Oregon #11, Washington #13, Washington State #23, and Stanford #25.
    The ACC has only two teams in the AP25. Not sure why the PAC12 gets so much heat, when outside Clemson, the ACC is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    The ACC has only two teams in the AP25. Not sure why the PAC12 gets so much heat, when outside Clemson, the ACC is terrible.
    Reputations are built on titles, and the ACC has won them recently. When conferences are judged, only the top matters.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Reputations are built on titles, and the ACC has won them recently. When conferences are judged, only the top matters.
    Clemson will once again demolish the ACC. We know somebody from the SEC will get into the Playoff. Ohio St. and Oklahoma are both ranked ahead of all PAC teams. Oregon plays Auburn, Stanford plays Northwestern, UCF and Notre Dame, ASU plays Michigan St. and USC plays ND. Unfortunately, I don't see anybody with a schedule that is going to get them into the Playoff unless that team has one fewer loss than the other conference winners.

One question I will be hoping to see answered very soon is whether this team has the killer instinct. Will they put opposing teams away early?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    One question I will be hoping to see answered very soon is whether this team has the killer instinct. Will they put opposing teams away early?
    I hope if happens often, but, really, how many teams on our schedule are teams we should be putting away early? 2? 3?