Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 175

Thread: Official Utah Utes 2019 Football Season Thread

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
    Mike Yurcich from Oklahoma State? Might be a solid hire. Okie State had great offenses under him 2013-2018, and averaged just under 500 yds per game this season. Plus, he just left the program. Rumors have him going to Tennessee.

    We really need to open the checkbook for a proven successful P5 OC, and that might cost $1M or more.

    Maybe Kyle can show his commitment to the program and pitch in $500k of it.
    This guy is rumored to be leaving the OC gig at Okie St. to be the QB coach at Ohio St.

  2. #32
    I am sort of skeptical about the Rich Rod story. Sounds like the kind of thing an agent puts out to increase his leverage and bargaining power. Who knows.

  3. #33
    Kyle makes some interesting remarks at the end of this interview with Bill after the game (RE: the OC position): https://espn700sports.com/news/utah-...game-12-31-18/

    Bill flat out asks him how important experience/having a proven play caller is, and Kyle essentially says it is paramount. To me that disqualifies Harding, and perhaps lends some credibility to the RichRod rumor. Ultimately we'll see who he gets, but it is certainly interesting.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

    Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

  4. #34
    Sam the Sheepdog LA Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    17,479
    Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Kyle makes some interesting remarks at the end of this interview with Bill after the game (RE: the OC position): https://espn700sports.com/news/utah-...game-12-31-18/

    Bill flat out asks him how important experience/having a proven play caller is, and Kyle essentially says it is paramount. To me that disqualifies Harding, and perhaps lends some credibility to the RichRod rumor. Ultimately we'll see who he gets, but it is certainly interesting.
    Maybe this means he learned something from the Brian Johnson hire?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LA Ute; 01-02-2019 at 12:38 PM.

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

    “True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

    --John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Twin Falls, Idaho
    Posts
    3,360
    Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    I am sort of skeptical about the Rich Rod story. Sounds like the kind of thing an agent puts out to increase his leverage and bargaining power. Who knows.
    I agree. The only group nearly as gullible to an agent's breathless blatherings about his client than athletic directors are sportswriters. Not buying it.

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Twin Falls, Idaho
    Posts
    3,360
    Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Kyle makes some interesting remarks at the end of this interview with Bill after the game (RE: the OC position): https://espn700sports.com/news/utah-...game-12-31-18/

    Bill flat out asks him how important experience/having a proven play caller is, and Kyle essentially says it is paramount. To me that disqualifies Harding, and perhaps lends some credibility to the RichRod rumor. Ultimately we'll see who he gets, but it is certainly interesting.
    You're 100 percent certain Harding doesn't have any experience in calling plays?

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPat View Post
    You're 100 percent certain Harding doesn't have any experience in calling plays?
    I am 100 percent certain that Kyle knows his window is closing.

    He's not going to coach forever, and he knows he's got a chance to win the league, particularly with USC bringing back Helton. We've got some talented WRs and TEs coming back next year, and a decent battle at QB (potentially). So yeah, I think he's going to look past Jim Harding and his vast play calling experience with A-Rod to see if he can get a guy in here who can run the spread with a dynamic QB and a power backs. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I certainly don't think Harding is plan a, b, c, or d.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

    Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

  8. #38
    why would Bronco agree to this? Was he on his way out at UVA?


    John. @JohnMoretti5
    Sources: WVU and Bronco Mendenhall have agreed to a 4 year $10.5 million contract. Expect an official announcement tomorrow at Noon. #HailWV #WVU




  9. #39
    Look at that guys profile. He has around 100 followers and most of his tweets are gibberish. He's a troll.

  10. #40
    Sam the Sheepdog LA Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    17,479
    Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    I am 100 percent certain that Kyle knows his window is closing.

    He's not going to coach forever, and he knows he's got a chance to win the league, particularly with USC bringing back Helton. We've got some talented WRs and TEs coming back next year, and a decent battle at QB (potentially). So yeah, I think he's going to look past Jim Harding and his vast play calling experience with A-Rod to see if he can get a guy in here who can run the spread with a dynamic QB and a power backs. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I certainly don't think Harding is plan a, b, c, or d.
    You may be on to something here. It’s easy to see how Kyle could be thinking that way. To the extent he reaches out to others for advice (like Urban) maybe they’re telling him it’s time to stretch.

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

    “True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

    --John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

  11. #41
    New hire #2 has been announced to fill the Linebacker coaching replacement for Justin Ena. I don't know anything about Swan but it is does have me adjusting down my OC replacement expectations.


  12. #42
    Administrator U-Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    5,377
    Some background on Swan:


  13. #43
    The dude went to Weber State on a rodeo scholarship! That is pretty cool.

    “The Jerome, Idaho, native initially came to Weber State on a rodeo scholarship, but walked on to the football team and was awarded a football scholarship the next year. He made the Big Sky Academic All-Conference team three seasons.”

  14. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    New hire #2 has been announced to fill the Linebacker coaching replacement for Justin Ena. I don't know anything about Swan but it is does have me adjusting down my OC replacement expectations.

    A family member of mine knows Swan. Says he a great dude and will be a great addition to the staff. I trust my family member so........ That's all I got.

  15. #45
    Malleus Cougarorum Solon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Lost in the Flood.
    Posts
    1,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
    A family member of mine knows Swan. Says he a great dude and will be a great addition to the staff. I trust my family member so........ That's all I got.
    I watch more Big Sky football than I am comfortable admitting.
    Weber's defense has been really good the last couple of years.
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

  16. #46

  17. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
    The new OC!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    The new OC!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am ok with this kid calling his number.

  19. #49

  20. #50
    Senior Member Scorcho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    1,374
    Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Great news to start the week! Wow.
    jumping Jehoshaphat

    too early to buy Rose Bowl tickets?
    Last edited by Scorcho; 01-07-2019 at 02:24 PM.

  21. #51
    Sam the Sheepdog LA Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    17,479

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

    “True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

    --John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

  22. #52
    Sam the Sheepdog LA Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    17,479

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

    "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

    “True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

    --John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

  23. #53
    I wonder if Moss was influenced at all by Taylor leaving.

  24. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by concerned View Post
    I wonder if Moss was influenced at all by Taylor leaving.
    Not sure about that, but some saying that there's no way he announces his return without knowing and being very excited about the new OC. :shrug:

  25. #55





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  26. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post

  27. #57
    Who would we be without a WR transfer in the off season?! George Siosi Wilson Mariner out.


  28. #58
    Senior Member Scorcho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    right here, right now
    Posts
    1,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Who would we be without a WR transfer in the off season?! George Siosi Wilson Mariner out.

    I heard he left because he found out who the new OC will be.


  29. #59
    I'm told the largest influence on Moss was the NFL evaluation that came through recently. Pretty strong report stating that he was, at best, a fourth-round draft choice.

  30. #60
    Administrator U-Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    5,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Best recruiting job in years.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •