Thread: Conference 2019

Conference 2019

I was excited to hear Russell announce something at 9am today. I just want to put these conference rumors to bed.

What is going to change this time ?

Quote Originally Posted by arizonaute View Post
    I was excited to hear Russell announce something at 9am today. I just want to put these conference rumors to bed.

What is going to change this time ?
    Doesn’t it seem like they have been announcing the big changes either in Priesthood or Sunday morning session lately?
    People who wear glasses/contacts are not allowed to celbrqte the rear 2020. Go eat some carrots or get LASIK.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Doesn’t it seem like they have been announcing the big changes either in Priesthood or Sunday morning session lately?
    The announcement of the two hour block came right out of the gate on Saturday morning. I remember listening on my phone and then discussing it with other parents at my son's soccer game.

i enjoyed RMN talks last night and today. He seems to be ratcheting up"hurry and get ready" idea .

enjoyed RMN telling people not to make noise at temple annoucements. Good for the eight places getting temples.

i was still going to avoid coffee and tea but i had hopes for John Stockon like garments. Oh well.

A couple things struck me about conference. First, very few mentions of Joseph Smith. I'll wager the fewest in conference history. Personally, I like the focus on Jesus Christ. Second, I know this has been going on for quite a while, but it seems to me that speakers mostly quote leaders who are still living. I remember a time when that was almost never done. You had to be dead to be quoted.

I find it hard to believe that they will wait until next conference to announce what the new youth program will look like, particularly with the letter they sent out recently regarding the ramping down of the BSA program. Particularly because we were told that this would affect all youth 8 and up and would replace things like Personal Progress, Duty to God, Activity Days along with the scout activities. I expect that info will likely start coming out in the next few months if not immediately. Frankly, I'm a bit surprised, because in our December stake conference the visiting GA told us to expect info in March.

I wonder if they've dialed down the announcements because they were becoming a bit of a distraction from the other talks etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker Ute View Post
    Particularly because we were told that this would affect all youth 8 and up and would replace things like Personal Progress, Duty to God, Activity Days along with the scout activities. I expect that info will likely start coming out in the next few months if not immediately. Frankly, I'm a bit surprised, because in our December stake conference the visiting GA told us to expect info in March.
    I guess it depends on what the new program is. I am expecting something like the current activity days, where local leaders pick appropriate (weekly?) activities. If that accurately describes the heart of the program, they could announce it in November and be fine. How much more time we all need depends on how complex this new thing is.