Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I left my basketball in San Francisco (the no cal road games)

Seems like a big missed opportunity on that Lineman College commercial on the music.
    Last edited by chrisrenrut; 01-26-2019 at 07:14 PM.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Pvd!!!!!

I'm not a fan of this soft, swiss cheese zone defense.

#gachscratchfever

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    #gachscratchfever

Gach and Allen are legit talents as freshmen. Riley B could be a decent player as an upperclassman, but the fact that he plays so much tells me why this team is average.

Tillman is a head-scratcher. NBa body, high athleticism, but he's really disappointed outside of a few games. Major transfer potential.

The color guy's analysis of Jayce Johnson's game:

"He reminds me of Joakim Noah!"

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    Gach and Allen are legit talents as freshmen. Riley B could be a decent player as an upperclassman, but the fact that he plays so much tells me why this team is average.

Tillman is a head-scratcher. NBa body, high athleticism, but he's really disappointed outside of a few games. Major transfer potential.
    Tillman?? He plays 30+ minutes a game. That would be a strange transfer

"Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Allen and Gach will be all-conference players. Maybe as soon as next year. I’m calling it.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    The color guy's analysis of Jayce Johnson's game:

"He reminds me of Joakim Noah!"

Yes Johnson throws out all stats.. including made free throws

Funny that we hit 55+% from the field. 40+% from downtown and 33% from the line.

I dont think Tillman is going anywhere. Hes struggling with his shot but hes got a bright future.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Funny that we hit 55+% from the field. 40+% from downtown and 33% from the line.

I dont think Tillman is going anywhere. Hes struggling with his shot but hes got a bright future.
    We only went to the line 9 times. Gach going 1-2 put him behind the curve in staying above the 50-40-90 mark. Grrrr ....

We drilled Cal on the boards (42-25), but 15 turnovers (Cal had but 7) allowed both teams to shoot 59 times. Quite frankly, the MOV could've easily approached 30 points. Great to dominate and feel like you could've dominated more. Of course, Cal is brutal. Their hire this offseason could do a lot to lift the league, because they're comfortably in the top half of this league from a historical perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Tillman?? He plays 30+ minutes a game. That would be a strange transfer

Yeah, but there is something about the way Tillman sulks that is worrying. I went to the western-central Florida gamr in December and Tillman and barefield were confined to the bench for most of the first half, likely for disciplinary reasons. Finally, Tillman for in with maybe 2 minutes left in the half, promptly turned the ball over, and k immediately benched him, all while refusing to look at Tillman. Now, I get it; players are sometimes stupid and coaches can be assholes. But coach ks relationship with Tillman has always been icy, at least to this outsider. And players that coach k doesn't like have a history of leaving the program.

5-2 with the Oregon schools coming to town. I'll take that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.