Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BEAT LA!!... BEAT LA!! The Socal Road Trip

The L.A. Times story:

UCLA squanders 22-point lead, loses at the buzzer to Utah 93-92

https://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/...D3bOqClfJqXRnI

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    PVD!!!!

A few days late, but that ain't our faults!
    My account was suspended for a few days (I'm sure I deserved it), but I'm back, suckas.

Just an amazing feeling. Utes kept making mini-runs to cut it to 14, but UCLA always answered. Still a 14 point game with 3 minutes to go. That game was over.

How about the youngsters? Battin's best game as a Ute. Allen with great play and the huge offensive rebound on the FT. Gach with the deep clutch three.

My house exploded when PVD hit his shot.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    My account was suspended for a few days (I'm sure I deserved it), but I'm back, suckas.

Just an amazing feeling. Utes kept making mini-runs to cut it to 14, but UCLA always answered. Still a 14 point game with 3 minutes to go. That game was over.

How about the youngsters? Battin's best game as a Ute. Allen with great play and the huge offensive rebound on the FT. Gach with the deep clutch three.

It wasn’t your account, the board itself was actually suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    It wasn’t your account, the board itself was actually suspended
    Right. There was a mixup about the hosting fee. We got it straightened out today.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

I watched it in the Atlanta airport--Fox games are national.

Give Larry K & the players for not giving up when down by 22.

AZ on a 5 game losing streak---really want to beat them Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post

Same here. Dancing around my living room, tweeting like a mad man. It was fun. Hopefully the team can capitalize on it this week!
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Larry has really improved as a coach in the last 10 days. He lost a game in which his team had a big lead in the first half and now he won a game when his team trailed by 22 with 13 minutes left. They also won on a designed end of game play. Amazing how good of a coach he is.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    ....... We got it straightened out today.
    Gracias. I know there's another Ute board with which you're involved that many might migrate to, but, no thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by UTEopia View Post
    Larry has really improved as a coach in the last 10 days....... Amazing how good of a coach he is.
    Can't tell how much of this post is in jest, but, I'm really rooting for the guy. I couldn't say that about Giac or Boylen.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    Can't tell how much of this post is in jest, but, I'm really rooting for the guy. I couldn't say that about Giac or Boylen.
    I think patience is in order for LK. We really seem to have no choice, given his buyout. There are grounds for hope. In the case of Giac and Boylen, any grounds for hope vanished very early in their tenures.

--Yeats

The shot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post

It's mostly poking fun at us fans.