Thread: That John Denver is full of shit... @ Colorado

That John Denver is full of shit... @ Colorado

We whipped then in the huntsman. Hopefully Timmy buckets will be back

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Love your title.

I will be in attendance!

Thrilled to have a 2 game lead over them with 3 to play. Bey and Wright are a heckuva 1-2 punch. I wonder if we will isolate Donnie on Bey like we did Franks.

Larry said on the post game that the extra rest was coming at a good time for the team...and he was battling flu like symptoms heading into the game..."How about we just pass on the handshake line...?" - Ernie Kent, probably.

If the Utes get the win, they are well-positioned to be the 3rd or 4th seed. If they lose, all they have to do is take care of business at home (no small task) and a top 4 seed is theirs.

Oregon St. gets both ASU and UW in the last two weeks of the season, and even ASU traveling to Oregon will not be easy, so plenty of options are on the table with 3 and 4 games to play for everyone.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Standing ute View Post
    Love your title.
    JD may not be the GOAT, but he's close. He's untouchable in my world.
    “Children and dogs are as necessary to the welfare of the country as Wall Street and the railroads.” -- Harry S. Truman

"You never soar so high as when you stoop down to help a child or an animal." -- Jewish Proverb

"Three-time Pro Bowler Eric Weddle the most versatile, and maybe most intelligent, safety in the game." -- SI, 9/7/15, p. 107.

Quote Originally Posted by mUUser View Post
    JD may not be the GOAT, but he's close. He's untouchable in my world.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV3E5e7fZ6M
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Timmy buckets hitch on his 3 is crazy weird

Every time someone plays man-to-man against us, I wonder why anyone doesn't play man-to-man against us. Not our night.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho View Post
    Every time someone plays man-to-man against us, I wonder why anyone doesn't play man-to-man against us. Not our night.
    4 of 26 from 3 point range won’t get a win most nights. Part is them taking us out of rhythm, but we had quite a few open looks that just rimmed out.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    4 of 26 from 3 point range won’t get a win most nights. Part is them taking us out of rhythm, but we had quite a few open looks that just rimmed out.
    Yeah, not our night. We had some chances, but we also had fewer open looks than we are used to. The offense has always been one dimensional. If you can take the outside shot away from us, we struggle big time.

Last year they could throw it in to Collette & usually something good would happen; this year do we really want them to throw it in to Jayce--even Headband Jayce?

And off the pick & roll---Sedrick, who is not big enough to see it-- does not look for the roll, but even if he did, can you imagine throwing it to Jayce when he is moving??

Battin is not much better, although he can catch & does have some below the rim moves. Others are too small. So they almost have to live /die with the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Standing ute View Post
    And off the pick & roll---Sedrick, who is not big enough to see it-- does not look for the roll, but even if he did, can you imagine throwing it to Jayce when he is moving??
    I feel like Allen is our only option for a pick and roll, but I think he would be good. I don't think we've really tried it, though.

I disagree with your statement that Battin has some post moves.

Battin can be clever below the rim. I can see him shooting a step back some day. Or catching a roll & stopping & shooting. Agree he has no back them down kind of game. He has decent hands & appears coach able.

Despite the result, I really enjoyed getting to see the Utes play live. First time in a while when you're an out-of-towner.

It felt like that three at the halftime buzzer was really a back breaker. It seemed like they were able to keep us at arm's length the entire second half. Every time we made a run, they had an answer for it, and most of the time it seemed like a shot late in the shot clock. That Beatty kid is a monster and we just don't have anyone that can handle him. I don't remember him from earlier in the year, but I'm sure he's played, I just don't remember. Jayce did okay, but just got out-muscled. Novak looked completely lost out there and borderline confused. He just wasn't ready to make the jump like Bibbins did last year. It's a grad transfer buyer beware story.

I asked the Colorado fans (who were really nice by the way) how they felt about Tad Boyle. There seem to be some common threads between the two fan bases in how they feel about their coach. The direct quote was "good is the enemy of great." So, they like Tad, think he's a great guy, great member of the community, but perhaps he's taken them as far as they can go. In any event, I thought that was interesting.

We still control our own destiny, and I hope our home crowd can show up to honor the Seniors.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.