Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The "I Saw it While Driving Thread" UB5 Version

The "I Saw it While Driving Thread" UB5 Version

On the MBDS (message board down south) we had the same thread where you post the funny, stupid, shameful, and crazy pictures you see while you are driving.

And... Go!

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by SuperGabers; 02-27-2013 at 10:15 PM.
    Da-da Da Da dahhh-ahhh! Screw the Y!

A while back I was driving home from work on I-215 east of the airport towards Davis county. Traffic was light and I was going about 75 MPH (pay no attention, Diehard Ute).

I noticed 3 strange things all at once. I noticed something moving rapidly up and down in my peripheral vision to my left, i heard a loud grinding sound, and I saw a car on the other side of the freeway with a large amount of sparks coming from it.

I finally realized that the object moving up and down rapidly was the sparky car's front drivers side wheel and tire, and it was coming right at me. It bounced over my car and missed me by about 5 feet. It took me a few minutes to realize how dangerous the situation could have been.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    A while back I was driving home from work on I-215 east of the airport towards Davis county. Traffic was light and I was going about 75 MPH (pay no attention, Diehard Ute).

I noticed 3 strange things all at once. I noticed something moving rapidly up and down in my peripheral vision to my left, i heard a loud grinding sound, and I saw a car on the other side of the freeway with a large amount of sparks coming from it.

I finally realized that the object moving up and down rapidly was the sparky car's front drivers side wheel and tire, and it was coming right at me. It bounced over my car and missed me by about 5 feet. It took me a few minutes to realize how dangerous the situation could have been.
    About 25 years ago, I was hurrying through the Mission Bay area on I-5 toward downtown SD. It was a warm Summer day around 2 pm. Three vehicles were travelling side by side a little below the speed limit, and I was frustrated for quite some time not being able to get around them. On the left was a SUV, in the center a Chrysler convertible, on the right a semi truck.

By the time I was able to move around the vehicles, I looked over to see what kind of idiots were blocking so much traffic behind them. A look at the convertible revealed it... A 30ish brunette wearing nothing but sunglasses. She wasn't exactly Megan Fox, but she certainly wasn't Rosanne Barr either. True story.
    Desse jeito, não tem jeito.

No. No. No.

You must post a pic of what you saw.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGabers View Post
    No. No. No.

You must post a pic of what you saw.

I was describing the picture I have in my head, but I didn't use the requisite 1000 words.

You're encouraging us to take picures while we drive? Sounds a little reckless
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

I have no photo, but while at the U, when the golf course was still there I was driving down the road that went through the middle of it towards the Union Bldg. I had an old beater Honda Civic (still my favorite car I've owned of all time) and suddenly a golf ball ricochets off my hood. I hit the brakes and look around the golf course to see who shanked their drive so badly, only to see two guys in their late 70s - 80s running away. I hopped out of my car and yelled at them, "You better run punks!"

Still cracks me up to this day thinking of those old farts running with their golf bags.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    I was describing the picture I have in my head, but I didn't use the requisite 1000 words.

You're encouraging us to take picures while we drive? Sounds a little reckless
    Us UB5ers are more than capable of multitasking safely.

As an example:

On my last trip to Utah, I was excited to learn that they water their sidewalks to help them grow.

001.jpg

As an example:

On my last trip to Utah, I was excited to learn that they water their sidewalks to help them grow.

001.jpg
    That is irrigation. They invented it, you know.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

As an example:

001.jpg
    I would be more concerned with the window neon sign....name and decal

Even rich guys need big gulps

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

I see lots of things. I can't take pictures or talk about them online per policy

Quote Originally Posted by FN Phat View Post
    I used to work for Wacker Construction Equipment. I had a company truck with that exact logo plastered all over it. This picture was most likely taken outside a construction equipment rental company.

Quote Originally Posted by FN Phat View Post
    Oh.Em.Gee!!! I never noticed that! Good eye FN! Snort!

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

Saw a dude today on the 15 in Layton pounding a tall boy of Bud Light at 645AM.
    “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively”
    ~Bob Marley

Quote Originally Posted by big z View Post

That is known as "breakfast" around these parts.
    You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it? -Tommy Callahan Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by big z View Post
    I want to eat breakfast with that guy.

-What would you do
    if you saw spaceships over Glasgow?
    Would you fear them?
    Every aircraft, every camera, is a wish that wasn't granted.

What was that for?
    Try to be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard Ute View Post
    I see lots of things. I can't take pictures or talk about them online per policy
    Can we make FOIA requests for them?
    Last edited by macktruck32; 03-05-2013 at 01:07 PM.
    Those shoes are definitely bi-curious.

Quote Originally Posted by macktruck32 View Post
    Can we make FOIA requests for them?
    You can GRAMA request anything. What out lawyers do with it is up to them. However our reports are pretty dry reading lol

'Merica!!!

IMG951359.jpg

At least spell the words correctly.

-What would you do
    Would you fear them?

What was that for?
    Try to be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoUteTroutHead View Post
    At least spell the words correctly.
    Hey, your moniker is misspelled. You can't capitalize in the middle of words that way.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

I have my moniker on the back of my car.

...but I do know how to spell "indivisible".
    Last edited by IdahoUteTroutHead; 03-06-2013 at 11:47 AM.

-What would you do
    Would you fear them?

What was that for?
    Try to be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoUteTroutHead View Post
    I have my moniker on the back of my car.

...but I do know how to spell "indivisible".
    Speling is kind of a subjective thing anyway.

--Yeats

I like words that ewe can spell in different weighs.

-What would you do
    Would you fear them?

What was that for?
    Try to be bad.

$5.09 / gallon near La Brea, CA.
    The Ford in this photo just pulled out of this station, presumably after pumping some gas.
    DSCN3769.jpg
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Solon View Post
    $5.09 / gallon near La Brea, CA.
    The Ford in this photo just pulled out of this station, presumably after pumping some gas.
    DSCN3769.jpg
    Wow. Was that taken today? Premium is about $4.35 here in my neck of the woods.

--Yeats

Took this one with a little Nikon Coolpix last night.

"Ninety feet between home plate and first base may be the closest man has ever come to perfection." - Red Smith

Quote Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
    Wow. Was that taken today? Premium is about $4.35 here in my neck of the woods.
    Taken yesterday (June 1, 2013). The price is abnormally high for the neighborhood by about a dollar. I happened to have the camera in the front seat and was stopped at the light, so I snapped the photo. (was on my way to see the Helms Bakery Building on Venice Blvd - an important site in Olympic history).
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

uploadfromtaptalk1370303676704.jpg
    I am pretty sure they don't let you leave like that.
    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla