Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The "I Saw it While Driving Thread" UB5 Version

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    Attachment 587
    I am pretty sure they don't let you leave like that.
    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    What's on his hands? The guy looks like Wolverine.
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.
    -- Flavius Philostratus, Life of Apollonius 1.35.2.

An interesting name for a Meat Market, but El Padre Jesus seems to approve.

VAG Meat Market.jpg
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.

Quote Originally Posted by Solon View Post
    An interesting name for a Meat Market, but El Padre Jesus seems to approve.

VAG Meat Market.jpg
    I don't go there anymore. The meat is too dry.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    I don't go there anymore. The meat is too dry.
    Back when they first opened for business it was great though.

I've heard of Wordsmiths, Goldsmiths, and Blacksmiths, but this is my first encounter with a Sexsmith.
    I have much to learn.
    Sexsmith Rd..jpg
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.

I suspect that Canada is still figuring out Mexican food. Los Sombreros isn't the kind of joint that I would figure to have "famous Belgian Waffles."

Los Sombreros Belgian Waffles.jpg
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.

Push button for . . .Push Button For ....jpg
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.

So what are you doing with the cannucks?
    “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    André Gide

I didn't get a picture, but on Saturday I saw a Prius towing a trailer. What would you guess they were towing? Why, two recumbant bicycles of course. Although I was not able to visually confirm, there is a 99% chance that one or both occupants of the Prius sported full beards.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    I didn't get a picture, but on Saturday I saw a Prius towing a trailer. What would you guess they were towing? Why, two recumbant bicycles of course. Although I was not able to visually confirm, there is a 99% chance that one or both occupants of the Prius sported full beards.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold."
    --Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

--John W. Davis, founder of Davis Polk & Wardwell

Quote Originally Posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    So what are you doing with the cannucks?
    We just got back from a pretty sizable trip - My wife had a conference in LA, so I took the kiddies to Sea World & to the beach. Then we spent 3 days in the Ventura area to see friends/relatives. Then we flew LAX to Vancouver and drove to Whistler for a week. Then a couple of days in Vancouver, flight back to LAX, picked up the car at 11:00 on Saturday night and home on Sunday morning.

17 days total 8 in California, 9 in British Columbia.
    Canada was pricey but fantastic.

I'm back in God's Jarid's Country now.
    σοφῷ ἀνδρὶ Ἑλλὰς πάντα.

Da-da Da Da dahhh-ahhh! Screw the Y!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGabers View Post
    That's funny. Once upon a time when I was a knuckle-headed LDS missionary, my companion and I came upon a similarly dead squirrel in the gutter. It wasn't squashed, just stiff. With our feet we were able to slide a cigarette butt in between its frozen paws to get our own, similar "smoking kills" picture.

Driving down Harrison blvd in Ogden this morning, we got behind this truck for a couple of miles. It looks like it is in the process of veering to the left lane, but he is, in fact, driving straight ahead. Must have a bent frame, and possible re-aligned his wheels to keep it drivable.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Forward, never straight Freaky Girl's Avatar
    image.jpg

Seen at the Farmer's Market this summer in Brentwood CA.
    If you make friends with yourself, you will never be alone. -Maxwell Maltz

We were driving home from a weekend camping trip today, and witnessed a head-on collision on Hwy 89 in east Layton happen right in front of us.

We were the 3rd car in the right lane at a stop light that had just turned green. About 100 yards through the intersection, I saw a white car in oncoming traffic cross the median and hit the car ahead of us to the left. They hit head on, but on each driver's side, so they both spun sideways. The car that was hit pivoted and the rear bumper hit the car directly in front of us. We were only up to about 30 MPH, so I was able to quickly swerve and stop to avoid any further collision.

The guy in the car that came from oncoming traffic was unhurt other than a sore chest from the airbag. He was in military fatigues, and apparently said he fell asleep. He was able to get himself out of his car through the passenger side.

The other car had 5 people, all visiting from Texas. There were three teens in the back seat. Two had facial cuts, and the other had a lot of back pain. The mom in the front passenger seat was limping, but otherwise seemed ok. The dad was pinned on the driver seat, and was hysterical. An off-duty fireman and paramedic were at the scene, and tried to get him calmed down and still.

The fire crew that arrived had to use the Jaws of Life to extricate him. He was in a lot of pain. His brother was on the scene (was in a different car), and thinks he may have broken his hip.

We filled out a witness statement. It was a surreal experience. As scary and shocking as it was, we realized it could have been much worse.

It seems there has been an unusual amount of head-on collisions in Utah this summer. Everyone be careful and aware out there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by chrisrenrut; 08-03-2014 at 05:18 PM.
    “To me there is no dishonor in being wrong and learning. There is dishonor in willful ignorance and there is dishonor in disrespect.” James Hatch, former Navy Seal and current Yale student.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    We were driving home from a weekend camping trip today, and witnessed a head-on collision on Hwy 89 in east Layton happen right in front of us.

We were the 3rd car in the right lane at a stop light that had just turned green. About 100 yards through the intersection, I saw a white car in oncoming traffic cross the median and hit the car ahead of us to the left. They hit head on, but on each driver's side, so they both spun sideways. The car that was hit pivoted and the rear bumper hit the car directly in front of us. We were only up to about 30 MPH, so I was able to quickly swerve and stop to avoid any further collision.

The guy in the car that came from oncoming traffic was unhurt other than a sore chest from the airbag. He was in military fatigues, and apparently said he fell asleep. He was able to get himself out of his car through the passenger side.

The other car had 5 people, all visiting from Texas. There were three teens in the back seat. Two had facial cuts, and the other had a lot of back pain. The mom in the front passenger seat was limping, but otherwise seemed ok. The dad was pinned on the driver seat, and was hysterical. An off-duty fireman and paramedic were at the scene, and tried to get him calmed down and still.

The fire crew that arrived had to use the Jaws of Life to extricate him. He was in a lot of pain. His brother was on the scene (was in a different car), and thinks he may have broken his hip.

We filled out a witness statement. It was a surreal experience. As scary and shocking as it was, we realized it could have been much worse.

It seems there has been an unusual amount of head-on collisions in Utah this summer. Everyone be careful and aware out there.
    Wow. A great reminder. So glad you are all right and this wasn't worse.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

--Yeats

“True, we [lawyers] build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures - unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men's burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”

Did the Saints to Sinners bike relay again this year. We had my Yakima rack on my roof, I had three trays for bikes, borrowed a 4th from my buddy. He put his bike on his tray and we took off driving toward our first leg. At about Draper on I-15 we hear a thud and I see a bike sliding at 65 mph on the freeway. It was his bike that had come off the rack.

It was one of those 15lb carbon fiber rockets and I fully expected it to be in little shards of carbon fiber all over the freeway.

We pulled off, they ran back to get it, luckily it had slid off to the shoulder and it was about 6am. Nobody had ran it over.

So, basically the bike survived by some miracle with cosmetic damage and none of it to the frame.

We had it mounted backwards, we think he didn't lock down the fork properly and it popped off and landed on the shifters (the part with the most damage) bounced and landed on its side sliding on the pedal and brake hood on the left.

We loaded it back on, got to the next stop, straightened out his shifters and had a mechanic inspect it and found no problems.

Super lucky the bike survived, nobody hit it and a we didn't cause some major harm on the freeway.

Moral of the story, jiggle the bikes before you go, make sure you lock the locks on the fork, and if you are driving and liable, check your friend's work.

Super lucky.

I didn't know you were in town.

In shocked and enraged. That's not my car, but obviously some scoundrel has stolen my moniker.

--Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post

I didn't know you were in town.
    LOL @ LA driving something not made in Germany.

Two weeks ago I saw my very first "Trump" bumper sticker. In Lehi/Alpine.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    Two weeks ago I saw my very first "Trump" bumper sticker. In Lehi/Alpine.
    We saw a "Vote for Trump, Piss off a Liberal" on the way to church the other day..."I bet that person is in our ward..." Sure enough.
    “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

I assume he is a butcher.

There's an old rusty tractor in the front yard of a house right on Highway 6 in Santaquin. It has a full size Hamburgler on it.

I was driving so I couldn't get a pic. I plan on going back to get one.

When you have a Prius, who needs a truck ( or a garbage can)?

I wasn't driving, but this guy was driving a Porche 919 Evo Hybrid.

He got around the Nuremburgring in 5:19.55, shattering the record of 6:11.13 that has stood since 1983.

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2018/06...s-unbreakable/

Even watching the video footage of this is terrifying. I don't know how this man walks, but it must be very uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by U-Ute View Post
    I wasn't driving, but this guy was driving a Porche 919 Evo Hybrid.

He got around the Nuremburgring in 5:19.55, shattering the record of 6:11.13 that has stood since 1983.

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2018/06...s-unbreakable/

Even watching the video footage of this is terrifying. I don't know how this man walks, but it must be very uncomfortable.

They basically built this car to do this.

It’s fast, but with no restrictions the sky is almost the limit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk