Thread: 2019 Spring Ball

2019 Spring Ball

And just like that, spring ball is around the corner. The Spring two-deep chart was released earlier today.

Some things of note: Moss, Covey, Nacua, Bernard, and Tonga will not participate in camp due to injury.

Other missing players of note: Jack Jackson, Nick Heningar, Philip Afia, and Donavon Thompson have all left the program.

Camp starts next week. Letís get after it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you havenít seen this yet, itís great. Do it.

Hostile. Any guesses about whatís going on with Coveyís arm in this?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-Ute View Post
    Hostile. Any guesses about what’s going on with Covey’s arm in this?!

Looks like a functional brace for a forearm fracture.
    "Don't apologize; it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Hostile. Any guesses about what’s going on with Covey’s arm in this?!

He played almost the entire year last year with a broken wrist. I assume this is post-surgery for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    He played almost the entire year last year with a broken wrist. I assume this is post-surgery for that.
    I saw him favor it most of the season but didnít realize it was fractured. That kid is ridiculous.

And just like that, spring ball is around the corner. The Spring two-deep chart was released earlier today.

Some things of note: Moss, Covey, Nacua, Bernard, and Tonga will not participate in camp due to injury.

Other missing players of note: Jack Jackson, Nick Heningar, Philip Afia, and Donavon Thompson have all left the program.

Camp starts next week. Let’s get after it!

What's the story on Heningar? Every year he's the breakout star in spring ball but ihs playing time has been severely limited during the year. Is he going somewhere else to play? Thompson and Afia are tough to lose. They are backups, but they are seasoned back-ups.

Interesting that Blackmon is now officially a safety. I hope Tyreke Lewis can fill his spot at CB.

Week 2 of Spring Ball started today.

2019 Spring Ball

Full interview with Kyle Whittingham. Interesting tidbit, he makes it sound that Afia was a injury retirement, not looking to transfer. I hadnít heard that.

https://espn700sports.com/news/kyle-...pring-resumes/

Last edited by Dwight Schr-Ute; 03-19-2019 at 09:55 PM.

Sounds like armand Shyne is transferring.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahsMrSports View Post
    Sounds like armand Shyne is transferring.
    I hate to lose a contributing player, but what I saw from Shyne last year was not impressive. But, he is our second best running back on the roster. Who fills the role?

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    I hate to lose a contributing player, but what I saw from Shyne last year was not impressive. But, he is our second best running back on the roster. Who fills the role?
    Devonte Henry-Cole, TJ Green, Brumfield, or the incoming former USC commit (Shiply? Swilly? Swammy? Swanson? )
    Last edited by chrisrenrut; 03-20-2019 at 04:25 PM.
    I saw a door that said exit only. So I entered through it and went up to the guy working there and said "I have good news. You have severely underestimated that door over there. By like a hundred percent." Demetri Marti

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    Devonte Henry-Cole, TJ Green, Brumfield, or the incoming former USC commit (Shiply? Swilly? Swammy? Swanson? )
    DHC has also supposedly looked good, and we have 2 well thought of freshmen coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
    but what I saw from Shyne last year was not impressive.
    Agree, but he did carry the entire BYU defense into the end zone on a play that is a serious contender for play of the year. I'll miss him just for that.